Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Honestly our midfield is incapable of scoring enough goals.  Anyone thinking that's totally down to the manager are barking up the wrong tree.

You keep saying this sort of thing, I think we've got enough goals in our team to be well clear of 16th actually.

We haven't when we have an open door in our rear end.

So do you think, all in all, we're about where we should be in terms of the overall ability/balance of the squad?

No, but quite a few players have not played to their true potential and that isn't to do with the manager.

You're not going to believe this, folks.

http://i.imgur.com/KRllNTw.png

:mackems:

:lol:  The players are using it now.  :lol:

Brilliant motivational tactics. Next week's excuses are already being fine-tuned.

You've seen it happening time and time again over the years - bad managers give players ready-made excuses and the players will believe and use them every time.

We've got to start sending Debuchy up for corners on a more consistent basis, I'm sure he scored from a few for Lille and he definitely seems to attack the ball in the air well from a defensive perspective.

What's really scary is that while you are aware of that, I'm not convinced Pardew is.

He has ventured up there a few times and I was starting to think it was going to be a regular occurrence before his recent injury. I can't remember him doing it in the last two games though.

It's little things like this that could actually lead to me having some faith restored in Pardew and Co., given how amazingly simple it would be to implement.

You've seen it happening time and time again over the years - bad managers give players ready-made excuses and the players will believe and use them every time.

That should just about quash the bullshit that his negativity isn't used as an excuse by the players.

Honestly our midfield is incapable of scoring enough goals.  Anyone thinking that's totally down to the manager are barking up the wrong tree.

You keep saying this sort of thing, I think we've got enough goals in our team to be well clear of 16th actually.

We haven't when we have an open door in our rear end.

So do you think, all in all, we're about where we should be in terms of the overall ability/balance of the squad?

No, but quite a few players have not played to their true potential and that isn't to do with the manager.

I can't think of one player who has, to say that's unconnected to the manager is absurd.

I could understand your argument if we were on 40-odd points and comfortable in the top half and a queue of people were complaining about it but that's not the scenario we're in, it's far worse than that so we're not talking about players slightly under-performing or anything of the sort.

Gouffran is the last player who should be tired :lol: Don't even think he's finished any of his 11 games in the last 3 months.

:lol:

He's played one full game for us - Swansea (a).

"Hypothetical" here, say Ashley agreed to can Pardew if we offered a blood sacrifice of a board member. Who would we give up for culling?

Not an easy choice, better do them both just to be sure we got the right one.

Edit.

Forum or board?

This was always going to happen. If a manager says we're tired enough the players will start to feel it, if he says we shit because of injuries the players will have an excuse.

One thing about Di Canio is that he won't let his players think negatively or make excuses.

"Hypothetical" here, say Ashley agreed to can Pardew if we offered a blood sacrifice of a board member. Who would we give up for culling?

Not an easy choice, better do them both just to be sure we got the right one.

Edit.

Forum or board?

Good point, revised the OP. Meant N-O.

Will have to see the full quotes, but that from Gouffran is pretty fucking worrying. You could argue that it's a good thing that they're seemingly still in harmony with the manager at this point, but it feels like there's a culture of negativity and excuses that is in danger of spiralling out of control. Or perhaps he's simply having a go at the coaching, which is bad in a different way.

not every team in the league has a first class first 11 and bench, its utterly unrealistic

Of course it is. But is it unrealistic to have 2 or 3 players in the squad with proven track records of hitting double figures in a season? All of those chasing top 7 do.

Who in that Everton squad hits double figures a season? currently only Fellaini on 11? Swansea? West Brom?

That a completely invalid point. Its not even remotely true.

Fellaini, Jelavic and Anichebe will all do it this season. In the league alone they've got 6 players on 5 goals or more. We've got 2. Jelavic/Anichibe on 6/7 goals each. Your sure they will each get 3/4 goals more before the end of the season?! Honestly man You've seen jelavic this season right?  The reason we don't have any other goalscorers is that we play with one up front completely isolated, and hump long balls up to him.

Never mentioned Swansea's scorers but West Brom have Lukaku, Long and Odemwingie. All 3 would stroll into our matchday 18.

You mentioned "teams chasing the top 7" So they are in there.  VERY debateable if they would stroll into our matchday eleven at all., 

Lukaku easily would. The other two are on the bench at worst.

He probably would. But then  equally Colo/Debuchy/Mbiwa/Santon/Cabaye/Cisse/HBA/Sissoko would stroll into theres.

Its an irrelevance. The point is that we have players capable of scoring goals, but we do not utilise them. no goals from a corner all season?! how many does that account for? Crossed free kicks?

We only have 1 player (Taylor) is remotely good or dominant in the air in fairness.

Really? didn't evra score from a corner for Man Utd? It's our rank set pieces, not the personnel.

This guy, man. :lol:

Will have to see the full quotes, but that from Gouffran is pretty f***ing worrying. You could argue that it's a good thing that they're seemingly still in harmony with the manager at this point, but it feels like there's a culture of negativity and excuses that is in danger of spiralling out of control. Or perhaps he's simply having a go at the coaching, which is bad in a different way.

The headline is disgusting and unprofessional even in if it doesn’t come as a surprise. It wouldn't be the first time that the headline doesn't match the article and I hope this is one of those times.

Good point, revised the OP. Meant N-O.

:lol:

This could get messy.

Think it's worthy of a poll tbh.

I'll name the first person to try and defend the Journal headline.