Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

The same thing always seems to happen with injuries. We get a new manager in and they go on about how poor the fitness levels were under the previous manager. The fitness looks better for a bit and then gets worse. I can only imagine it's because they end up doing the same routine over and over again.

I was one of them.  And I'm smug about it too *straightens his tie*

I remember the ones that saw though the bullshit and criticised Pardew were shot down by turds on here.

There were specific turds on here claiming we were silly to want to play a more passing type in the mould of Swansea and such.  Seeing they were below us and everything they refused to see it our ways and got brought into the Pardew salesman bullcrap.

You don't think Pardew could have been getting the best out of the players he had at his disposal?

I think in doing that he bought himself the opportunity to see if he can do it with the better players we bought in January.  Once they're up to the pace of the game and understanding starts to build I like to think performances will come.

No I do not.

Where were we in this table last year, with those players key components?

67 long balls per game last season.  Pretty close to what we were hittting before the new year.

Course, people don't complain about it while we're winning.

We definitely pass a lot more now, mainly in our own half. Once we reach the penalty area we usually lob one in towards the striker who is the only one in the vicinity usually. I'm not sur if that's on your stats there but it's what we usually see.

Think that's reflected in the bulk of investment being at the back (Debuchy and Mbiwa).  Cisse is the only striker at the club that's good enough at the moment really, Need another one of a standard higher than Best, Ranger, Shola, Kuqi, Pancrate etc.

Don't think the problem is in the striking department, i think is more how we are setup to play.

I reckon if we had the big physical players here Nolan Carrol Barton Etc we would be higher up the table.

The problem is Pardew Prefers the direct style and big man that are good at shielding,trapping,heading balls are key to his 1990's style. The preference to Ba and Shola in many of his decisions is prove of his style.

The Truth that we have to handle is , Pardew doesnt play sexy on the turf carpet football(Probably not intelligent enough to make one anyway). The contrast of the players we currently have is contradicting to his style, that alone is a good measurement to give him the sack.

We have look good for parts last season , it was really down to some of Ben Arfa brilliant football. He is a player that creates alot of space for us and his range of passes into the middle of the park releases some of our other players. Without him Pardew teams are more direct even with Marvx involvement, this however means we are relying on one single player to define a more expansive style which is not sustainable.

We need a manager like Steve Clarke ,Jol, any Keegan type that drills passing routines into their inferior players, they are not afraid to hold onto the ball and make a pass out because they know where their teammates are and trust one another.

The real problem is the mismatch in the Manager style and the players talents , do we wait 8 years for Pardew to turn Pep G. and let players come and go. Or do we find another manager that can make these players play thier more natural game which is more suited to short passes and movement rather than. NHL stuff.

Good post.

Guest firetotheworks

The whole thing with our midfield seems to be that they sick back in case we lose the ball and we lose the ball because they sit back.

There was a time when Pardew was getting some really good displays out of players, like Perch, that we had all written off completely.

I don't know all of the reasons behind how shocking we've been this season, but it's not the case that Pardew has always been unable to get the best out of the players. However, there may be something in the fact that he is more suited to working with the grafters than the artists.

If I had to guess at Pardew's philosophy, I would say generally solid and organised football that allows the creative players to do their thing.

Nothing is working for him at the moment obviously, but I stick by that being his preferred approach.

:lol:

He should be in the lab working on an elixr.

Seriously? if the players are unfit then there is clearly a problem with how train and that is down to the manager.

It's not a coincidence we have so many hamstring injuries and other pulls, you don't get those through being unlucky you get that by poor preparation.

There is nothing magic about it, why do you think the big clubs get few injuries that are related to hamstrings and the like?

Because they prepare properly, if these consistent hamstring injuries are anything to go by we obviously don't.

We hardly had a player out all last season.  Do you think Pardew has made a change to the fitness regime that has led to a worsening of the situation?

I tend to think it's more to do with the fact we played our 50th game of the season over the weekend but we only played 43 in the whole of last season.

Put it this way, since the transfer window closed, which losses are we stringing together to say it's sack worthy?

The Mackems - definitely.

Wigan and Swansea otherwise?

Both lost in the dying minutes?

The same thing always seems to happen with injuries. We get a new manager in and they go on about how poor the fitness levels were under the previous manager. The fitness looks better for a bit and then gets worse. I can only imagine it's because they end up doing the same routine over and over again.

I don't think we're alone on this one, seems to be fairly common that new managers like to point at poor fitness levels when they take over a job. Maybe it's a factor that over time players are less and less inclined to work hard for a manager.

Equally as likely that it's just an easy bull shit soundbite for new managers to peddle to the media.

I just want to add that one of the reasons there is very little support for the striker is that Pardew tends to pick very defensive midfields. Cabaye is usually deployed deep behind Tiote and Jonas is picked for his defensive attributes only. That's why we end up with a massive gap between the midfield and forwards, and this is due to the way Pardew lines them up.

He has done, but I think there's evidence of him looking to sort that out too.  Cabaye was still very deep against the mackems...but that was to accommodate a very attacking set up otherwise with Marveaux and Gouffran and Sissoko supporting the striker.

The fact half of those players never showed up was disappointing like.

Guest bimpy474

Long passes are not the same as long hoofs, which ours are most of the time, hoof and hope.

It doesn't make any sense to level that criticism at Pardew.  Are you saying he is coaching them to hit less long balls, but to not look where they're hitting the ball when they do use it?

From my point of view when i watch Man Utd etc, they use passes that would be classed as long to switch play. It's a pass not as we play them, bopped up to Cisse or Sissoko to win in the air. That's how i see the difference, ours are hit without any real hope, better sides passes are to a players feet.

So i'm saying Pardew deserves criticism for surrendering possession with pointless punts forward. There's nothing wrong with a long pass at all, it's just ours aren't passes.

Seriously? if the players are unfit then there is clearly a problem with how train and that is down to the manager.

It's not a coincidence we have so many hamstring injuries and other pulls, you don't get those through being unlucky you get that by poor preparation.

There is nothing magic about it, why do you think the big clubs get few injuries that are related to hamstrings and the like?

Because they prepare properly, if these consistent hamstring injuries are anything to go by we obviously don't.

We hardly had a player out all last season.  Do you think Pardew has made a change to the fitness regime that has led to a worsening of the situation?

I tend to think it's more to do with the fact we played our 50th game of the season over the weekend but we only played 43 in the whole of last season.

Put it this way, since the transfer window closed, which losses are we stringing together to say it's sack worthy?

I'm stringing together 34 performances and saying they're sack worthy.

Well i don't know if he has but its quite clear that you don't get this many injuries due to luck.....

As for the 50 games thing..... none of our players have played more than 30 something due to injuries and in any case Liverpool have played 49 games i don't see them having loads of injuries.

Also its not just injuries.... if it is true the players are unfit to keep up good performances for more than 45 mins then why is that? surely preparing properly in training is a big thing to make sure the players are fit enough to go 90 mins.

As for sackable performances, i agree with that but my reasons why i want him gone is his tactics and coaching are not up to the level required to suit the players we have the results are bad but long term his poor tactics and lack of good coaching is what really worries me.

Long passes are not the same as long hoofs, which ours are most of the time, hoof and hope.

It doesn't make any sense to level that criticism at Pardew.  Are you saying he is coaching them to hit less long balls, but to not look where they're hitting the ball when they do use it?

From my point of view when i watch Man Utd etc, they use passes that would be classed as long to switch play. It's a pass not as we play them, bopped up to Cisse or Sissoko to win in the air. That's how i see the difference, ours are hit without any real hope, better sides passes are to a players feet.

So i'm saying Pardew deserves criticism for surrendering possession with pointless punts forward. There's nothing wrong with a long pass at all, it's just ours aren't passes.

But that's down to the ability of players.  You can't sack a manager because his players aren't as good as Man U's man.

Guest bimpy474

Call me old fashioned but i like to enjoy watching football, when was the last time any of us watched us and thought, well that was nice ?.

None of our players have played over 40 games, only 4 have played more than 30, and one of them is a goalkeeper.

Meanwhile most of Chelsea's first team players are on around 45-50 games.

Call me old fashioned but i like to enjoy watching football, when was the last time any of us watched us and thought, well that was nice ?.

Chelsea game in the league, Benfica game overall.

Guest Dontooner

Posted above about the mismatching Pardews direct style and the player more natural style.

I think the fact that he doesnt bring out the best in our players is a good enough reason to find another manager.

Anita is another player that he has failed to utilize well, those that excel under Pardew are more direct players like Ryan and Perch.

Even Jonas is playing below his potential, he is more like a sweeping defender that often saves us from conceding more goals. I think Jonas for all his lost of speed is a better player than that.

Guest bimpy474

But that's down to the ability of players.  You can't sack a manager because his players aren't as good as Man U's man.

Don't be daft, the players are playing to his instructions. And his instructions are to play direct football, which in itself isn't that bad to watch but we do it terribly. And we have a squad that is so unsuited to direct football is mental to use it.

If they weren't playing to his instructions, why would we hoof every free kick (by the GK) anywhere near the halfway line into the opposition box, a tactic that never ever works, EVER.

You can bury your head in the sand but he is responsible for the state of our football, and that football is why we are in with a real chance of relegation. He is a poor manager, with poor tactics, with a poor formation for the players he has, we have embarrassing set penises. We can't defend yet set up defensively.

Do you need to see anymore to know what you know in your head is true.

Then you aren't being fair.

The real disgruntlement started before the transfer window opened.  We lost 10 league games out of 13.  If he was going to be sacked, the end of that run would have been a worthy time.

But he hadn't been backed in the market then. 

Since he has been we have only lost 5 games from 11.  We've won just as many.

None of our players have played over 40 games, only 4 have played more than 30, and one of them is a goalkeeper.

Meanwhile most of Chelsea's first team players are on around 45-50 games.

And he still continues to use it as an excuse... Even worse that people actually believe him on this shit.

Guest bimpy474

West Brom away, Liverpool home and Stoke home last season, i thoroughly enjoyed those games :(

Yep, all last season and they were good but 3 games out of nearly 90. Mole it's so bad to think that way but it's true.

Indeed. Why does one loss have to be "sack worthy"?

The away form alone should have seen him get the bullet months ago.

Guest Dontooner

The Dire Set pieces is a good enough reason for me. With no contribution from them, i wonder how much of a handicap we hand to other teams.