Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

That's a fantastic way to start the season, HBA looking good, Ba getting that much needed goal before it became a major topic again. Three points above spurs. Love going to bed happy at 4am.

People were advocating selling him at HT :lol:

I know right. :lol: All he needed was a goal. :smug:

Get in, I never expected us to win, a draw at best.

Anyway clearly we aren't fully fit, clearly we need to work on our midfield and Simpson is still s***.

Ben Arfa was the MTM for me, a real positive performance for us, good to see him looking more physical and getting back in order to get the ball and cover Simpson.

simpson is not s***.

He's clearly much worse than shit. Same as the majority of last season then, average performance good result.

Krul 8 - Quietly Herculean. Some really nice stops. Unlucky on the goal.

Simpson 5 - One nice clearance after Lennon brought it down on his chest, but guess whose Lennon's marker should have been so he didn't have that much space? Or the space to hand-pick who to cross? Those who have said people are exaggerating - I cannot agree with you :lol:

Saylor 8 - Effective and hilarious. Can't ask for more. That header :lol:

Perch 8 - Seemless filling in for might big shoes, in all fairness. Well done mate. :thup:

Santon 7 - Mixed bag. Still feel he should be on our right if I'm honest. He has a left-foot, sure,... but his instinct is to cut in. Breaks the momentum and wastes space, when he has an opportunity to drive when momentary spaces open up. Just IMO.

HBA 9 - Joint MotM. Dragged us up by our bootstraps at times. Defensively and offensively. Can't ask for more. They were justifably and wisely terrified of the magnificent hunk of man.

Cabaye 6 - Not splendid. No blame, not fit. :thup:

Tiote 7 - Battled like a lion even though he isn't all there. Amazing performance if he was carrying a knock :lol: Frightening message for the league if that was him on half-speed.

Jonas 9 - My joint MotM. Engine. The definition of composure on the ball. Gets us out of our jam. As essential to us as ever. The amount of times he can play with his back to goal in our own half and get us moving forward is incredible. So fucking underrated and undervalued by the 'where are his goals/assists stats' brigage.

Ba 8 - Massive performance. You can tell he is working hard, and whilst his fitness isn't all there his quality shone through. Hang your heads in shame haters and doubters :smug:

Cisse 7 - Tough afternoon trying to bring down longballs, but held the line and kept the CB occupied. Solid and unspectacular (for once! ;))

Subs:

Anita 7.5 - Really impressive! Really good promise. I'm trying to dampen my expectations, but from what I say... :notbad:

FUCKING DELIGHTED. WHAT A START. Absolutely buzzing.

Get in, I never expected us to win, a draw at best.

Anyway clearly we aren't fully fit, clearly we need to work on our midfield and Simpson is still s***.

Ben Arfa was the MTM for me, a real positive performance for us, good to see him looking more physical and getting back in order to get the ball and cover Simpson.

This is what annoys me really. He's our best creative outlet, yet he's still slightly shackled doing the job of someone who is supposed to be doing it for him. Really wish we could get Debuchy or Santon on the right to supplement Hatem's runs while getting a more solid defensive unit.

Guest henrique

Simpson 5 - One nice clearance after Lennon brought it down on his chest, but guess whose Lennon's marker should have been so he didn't have that much space? Or the space to hand-pick who to cross? Those who have said people are exaggerating - I cannot agree with you :lol:

Perch 8 - Seemless filling in for might big shoes, in all fairness. Well done mate. :thup:

Santon 7 - Mixed bag. Still feel he should be on our right if I'm honest. He has a left-foot, sure,... but his instinct is to cut in. Breaks the momentum and wastes space, when he has an opportunity to drive when momentary spaces open up. Just IMO.

HBA 9 - Joint MotM. Dragged us up by our bootstraps at times. Defensively and offensively. Can't ask for more. They were justifably and wisely terrified of the magnificent hunk of man.

Tiote 7 - Battled like a lion even though he isn't all there. Amazing performance if he was carrying a knock :lol: Frightening message for the league if that was him on half-speed.

Jonas 9 - My joint MotM. Engine. The definition of composure on the ball. Gets us out of our jam. As essential to us as ever. The amount of times he can play with his back to goal in our own half and get us moving forward is incredible. So f***ing underrated and undervalued by the 'where are his goals/assists stats' brigage.

Ba 8 - Massive performance. You can tell he is working hard, and whilst his fitness isn't all there his quality shone through. Hang your heads in shame haters and doubters :smug:

Cisse 7 - Tough afternoon trying to bring down longballs, but held the line and kept the CB occupied. Solid and unspectacular (for once! ;))

Subs:

Anita 7.5 - Really impressive! Really good promise. I'm trying to dampen my expectations, but from what I say... :notbad:

f***ing DELIGHTED. WHAT A START. Absolutely buzzing.

Harsh on Simpson, think he did well today. Deserves a 6. Agree on the rest. Jonas terrific.

Guest Craig-NUFC

anyone glean anything about anita?

Nippy little fecker.

Seems to have a footballing brain and looks for the short, simple pass.

Jonas 9 - My joint MotM. Engine. The definition of composure on the ball. Gets us out of our jam. As essential to us as ever. The amount of times he can play with his back to goal in our own half and get us moving forward is incredible. So f***ing underrated and undervalued by the 'where are his goals/assists stats' brigage.

Subs:

f***ing DELIGHTED. WHAT A START. Absolutely buzzing.

Bang on there with the ratings.