Newcastle 2 - 1 Spurs - 18/08/12 - post-match jubilation from page 35

Beren

Guest Howaythetoon

They hit the bar and the post twice. I'd say that was causing us more than a little trouble.

Of course, but they didn't run us ragged or have our back-four all over the place. Remember Chelsea at SJP last season? That was causing us trouble. Or Spurs at WHL. They had their chances like we did but we were comfortable in general I thought. If Bale was or is their biggest threat...

Contrast that with Ben Arfa who even though he wasn't particularly brilliant, still caused them all kinds of problems, on either flank and even through the middle.

Its early I know but based on this game and our respective sides, I believe we are slightly stronger than Spurs and should therefore not fear such sides. The fact we won says a lot, we are better and hopefully will have the better season.

Disagree, we couldn't have complained if we were 1-0 down at HT imo.

or even 2 for their overall play. HTT talking out his backside here like.

quite similar to the start of last season, sluggish start, the oppo don't make the best of their chances but we do. anita looked very tidy when he came on.

I honestly don't think we were ever truly tested tbh.

they hit the woodwork twice (both very good clear chances) and on a couple of occasions were a bad decision by the bloke passing from having a one on one through playing football which we just didn't do.

Guest bimpy474

Playing Cabaye was a borderline disaster. He was so unfit and clueless. Daft decision to play him.

Daft decision to play a current French international?

Think he means playing him unfit.

Guest firetotheworks

they hit the woodwork twice and on a couple of occasions were a bad decision by the bloke passing from having a one on one through playing football which we just didn't do.

I dunno. I was there. I was never really that worried, we gave it away too often but I thought Krul and the centre backs knew exactly what they were doing.

they hit the woodwork twice and on a couple of occasions were a bad decision by the bloke passing from having a one on one through playing football which we just didn't do.

I dunno. I was there. I was never really that worried, we gave it away too often but I thought Krul and the centre backs knew exactly what they were doing.

i watched it on the tele and i thought they deserved to be at least a goal up at half time.

Good result but thought we were terrible. Don't think Spurs played particularly well but the better of two poor sides on the day. Not too worried as we're clearly miles better than that but fortunate result.

Absolutely no way. If anything we just about deserved the win.

Playing Cabaye was a borderline disaster. He was so unfit and clueless. Daft decision to play him.

If we played Anita (just got here), Bigi/Abeid (inexperienced) etc.. It would have been daft too I guess.

If we played Anita (just got here), Bigi/Abeid (inexperienced) etc.. It would have been daft too I guess.

Anita was fit to play, Cabaye wasn't.

Anita was fit to play, Cabaye wasn't.

cabaye could maybe get by on 80% with knowing all the patterns and styles, anita doesn't. No right or wrong decision.

Surprised by the comments on here like. They're certainly not how people at the match saw it imo.

Agreed, came away feeling pretty positive myself. Thought they were fairly poor on the whole.

Very much the same. Thought Spurs were very average and no way deserved anything more than a draw. On balance, we just about deserved our win IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought we were hot and cold, but much better second half. They were nothing special. First half we were too narrow imo, but second half we ran the midfield and with more match practice would have created more.

I thought we were hot and cold, but much better second half. They were nothing special. First half we were too narrow imo, but second half we ran the midfield and with more match practice would have created more.

Agree with that, you could clearly see we wasn't fit it will clearly come with more games.

I just hope we play more like the second half.... system and playing style.