Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 25/08/12 @ 5:30 (Live on ESPN)

Beren

Harper getting the gig for away games now, then. Elliot really must be absolutely awful.

Well he is.

I wouldn't be confident of a clean sheet even of both of them played at the same time.

We shouldn't be too harsh with Harper tbh. Long time since he last played in a full strength team. He's not done any real errors of late I can remember either.

I can't recall any howlers from Harper tbh, not recently anyway. There was Kenny Miller's goal for Derby which was a bit of a stinker, and obviously Xabi Alonso. It's not that, though. He's just not a good goalkeeper any more. He's too slow at doing anything.

Harper getting the gig for away games now, then. Elliot really must be absolutely awful.

It's a concern like, an injury to Krul and we'd drop like a stone.

What we need is a solid back up keeper. Someone like that big young lad from Celtic....

Why, do the other ten players forget what to do or something?

??? Hardly a daft thing to say we'd drop a hell of a lot more points without Krul. He's better at saving shots, it's as simple as that.

Of course he is, but we wouldn't 'drop like a stone'. Ridiculous thing to say.

Depends on your definition, I meant we wouldn't finish anywhere near as high as last season, imo. That's based on a long term injury obviously.

Harper is finally full fit and has been told to start acting like a professional footballer. He's our no 2 and has been told to behave like one.

Guest andrew

Well he is.

I wouldn't be confident of a clean sheet even of both of them played at the same time.

We shouldn't be too harsh with Harper tbh. Long time since he last played in a full strength team. He's not done any real errors of late I can remember either.

I can't recall any howlers from Harper tbh, not recently anyway. There was Kenny Miller's goal for Derby which was a bit of a stinker, and obviously Xabi Alonso. It's not that, though. He's just not a good goalkeeper any more. He's too slow at doing anything.

Yes in general he has been reliable but i do remember the season before last when stoke thumped us at the Britannia he was awful, responsible for nearly all their goals i think

What we need is a solid back up keeper. Someone like that big young lad from Celtic....

Tbf that big young lad at Celtic has played his best football against opposition at a similar level to what the 'hopeless' Elliot looked good at.

Guest bimpy474

Harper is finally full fit and has been told to start acting like a professional footballer. He's our no 2 and has been told to behave like one.

That is amazingly harsh considering he has done that job brilliantly for a decade or more. He deserves more credit imo.

I understand the worry as Harper is nowhere near the quality of Krul anymore but most Premiership fans would have the same worries if their 1st choice keeper got injured. Look at the shear panic after Reina got sent off against us last season.

Its very difficult to have two top quality keepers we were very lucky Harper was happy to be Given's understudy for so long.

It would be a big blow if Krul got crocked but I don't think we'd capitulate.

??? Hardly a daft thing to say we'd drop a hell of a lot more points without Krul. He's better at saving shots, it's as simple as that.

Depends on your definition, I meant we wouldn't finish anywhere near as night as last season, imo. That's based on a long term injury obviously.

We might not even if he stays fit all year, so it's impossible to tell. Last year pretty much everyone exceeded expectations. When Carroll left everyone thought we'd drop like a stone and we didn't. When Taylor was crocked everyone thought we'd drop like a stone and we didn't. When Colo was ruled out against Spurs everyone was slitting their wrists but we won. We have a very good team, no single player makes such a big difference IMO.

That is amazingly harsh considering he has done that job brilliantly for a decade or more. He deserves more credit imo.

Last year he wasn't really interested and pretty much refused to travel away, this has now been sorted.

Tbf that big young lad at Celtic has played his best football against opposition at a similar level to what the 'hopeless' Elliot looked good at.

:lol: It's okay to call players shit, Jon. Nice how you've always got everyone's back though. ;)

Guest bimpy474

Depends on your definition, I meant we wouldn't finish anywhere near as night as last season, imo. That's based on a long term injury obviously.

We might not even if he stays fit all year, so it's impossible to tell. Last year pretty much everyone exceeded expectations. When Carroll left everyone thought we'd drop like a stone and we didn't. When Taylor was crocked everyone thought we'd drop like a stone and we didn't. When Colo was ruled out against Spurs everyone was slitting their wrists but we won. We have a very good team, no single player makes such a big difference IMO.

:snod:

I understand the worry as Harper is nowhere near the quality of Krul anymore but most Premiership fans would have the same worries if their 1st choice keeper got injured. Look at the shear panic after Reina got sent off against us last season.

Its very difficult to have two top quality keepers we were very lucky Harper was happy to be Given's understudy for so long.

It would be a big blow if Krul got crocked but I don't think we'd capitulate.

I can accept it was an exaggeration, purely pulling a figure out of my arse I reckon we'd be 8-10 points worse off with Harper instead of Krul.

Lads man, stop talking about Krul getting knacked and lets just enjoy him in the team.

Hoping Anita does well today, the midfield are gonna have to be on form for us to get a result.

I thought bertrand was a lb not lw ???

He is really but RDM played him there in Champions League final, seemingly against very good sides too. Us being one now :D

Maybe they're worried about 50 watt head coming off the bench.

Guest bimpy474

Last year he wasn't really interested and pretty much refused to travel away, this has now been sorted.

No offence but you are talking bollocks. Pardew spoke of that, he told Harps that he wanted Eliott on the bench to give him experience of it.

I see where you're coming from, I'm not convinced though, I think the difference a good keeper makes over an average one is considerable.

:lol: It's okay to call players shit, Jon. Nice how you've always got everyone's back though. ;)

It's really easy to as well ;)