Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 25/08/12 @ 5:30 (Live on ESPN)

Beren

that bench is awful.

How so? :lol:

Not a single striker? A decrepit goalkeeper? Four guys that basically play the same position. The versatility of Perch and Taylor is the only saving grace.

Who are these 4 that play in the same position? I (and I expect I am not the only one) aren't even sure where the hell Amalfitano and Marveaux will settle for a start. Obertan although being poor so far as a player hasn't exactly shown he is stuck to one position either and his one positive recently is looking half decent when legs are starting to go.

Guest bimpy474

Chelsea will have an extra one in midfield if its 4-4-2, namely Hazard which will be a worry.

Faith in Pards though.

Harper getting the gig for away games now, then. Elliot really must be absolutely awful.

It's a concern like, an injury to Krul and we'd drop like a stone.

Why, do the other ten players forget what to do or something?

Guest bimpy474

Harper getting the gig for away games now, then. Elliot really must be absolutely awful.

Harper isn't complete rubbish like.

Well he is.

I wouldn't be confident of a clean sheet even of both of them played at the same time.

Yep. Clearly gonna be another 'clench your bums and pray everything is okay' situation. Not surprised Ashley hasn't sanctioned signing another goalkeeper like, having seen Pardew dub Forster not good enough and then signing Elliot.

??? Hardly a daft thing to say we'd drop a hell of a lot more points without Krul. He's better at saving shots, it's as simple as that.

Well he is.

I wouldn't be confident of a clean sheet even of both of them played at the same time.

We shouldn't be too harsh with Harper tbh. Long time since he last played in a full strength team. He's not done any real errors of late I can remember either.

??? Hardly a daft thing to say we'd drop a hell of a lot more points without Krul. He's better at saving shots, it's as simple as that.

Of course he is, but we wouldn't 'drop like a stone'. Ridiculous thing to say.

Guest bimpy474

I thought bertrand was a lb not lw ???

He is really but RDM played him there in Champions League final, seemingly against very good sides too. Us being one now :D

No, but he won us quite a few points last season and we've got exactly the same team. I don't believe Harper or Elliot would win us as many points.