Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 25/08/12 @ 5:30 (Live on ESPN)

Beren

Guest Realist

did the 4-4-2 formation rape your mothers or something christ aljesus fucking mighty, you'd think it was a calculated insult to the fans from pards and not the action of someone who might have a good idea what he's doing

You'd struggle to find many better number 2s than Harper in this league IMO. Good keepers don't want to come warm the bench.

:thup:

I would be more comfortable if we could find one, was hoping Jussi could be an option before he moved.

What we need is a solid back up keeper. Someone like that big young lad from Celtic....

That would be Forster, the man who didn't want to stay unless he was first choice.

who is also now playing in a pub league against utter s****

That was his choice. I think he was mad to go to Celtic but was any other club really interested?

Guest VanBarduck

I'm afraid we are going to witness the huge gap there is between Hazard and Hatem , don't get me wrong i love hatem , but i think it's a game for a clever/economical player (hazard) , not for a magician/crazy kind of player (hatem )

that bench is awful.

How so? :lol:

Not a single striker? A decrepit goalkeeper? Four guys that basically play the same position. The versatility of Perch and Taylor is the only saving grace.

Who are these 4 that play in the same position? I (and I expect I am not the only one) aren't even sure where the hell Amalfitano and Marveaux will settle for a start. Obertan although being poor so far as a player hasn't exactly shown he is stuck to one position either and his one positive recently is looking half decent when legs are starting to go.

I don't know how you can think this is a good bench. I'm not even knocking the talent - I love Perch and Marveaux, Amalfitano looks like he could be a player, and I appreciate what Taylor offers. Obertan will be useful in exactly one scenario and I shudder at the thought of anything happening to Krul (rare as it may be). Perch is the only real cover for defensive midfield and would also be the choice if Colo's injury forces a move.

I understand it would be a lot better with the likes of Tiote and Jonas in the mix, but the fact that there isn't a striker available due to an injury to Shola is a complete indictment of our options there. Sure, you could probably make due with a system involving HBA, Marveaux, and one of Ba/Cisse but that's not ideal.

That bench highlights what we all know - we need a couple more players.

Guest salmon

did the 4-4-2 formation rape your mothers or something christ aljesus f***ing mighty, you'd think it was a calculated insult to the fans from pards and not the action of someone who might have a good idea what he's doing

lol

did the 4-4-2 formation rape your mothers or something christ aljesus fucking mighty, you'd think it was a calculated insult to the fans from pards and not the action of someone who might have a good idea what he's doing

Last season I was pretty pissed off every time we lined up in a 4-4-2, Pardew's earned the right to be trusted now though imo, as much as I would lke to see us in a 4-3-3 every week.

Last season I was pretty pissed off every time we lined up in a 4-4-2, Pardew's earned the right to be trusted now though imo, as much as I would lke to see us in a 4-3-3 every week.

Think he knows when to use what formation tbh. See Man Utd (h) last season.

Think he knows when to use what formation tbh. See Man Utd (h) last season.

Yep, like I said, he's earned our trust.