NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Krul

Raylor  Williamson    Saylor    Santon

Marv    Jonas    Anita

Amalfitano

Ba            Cisse

Rest Colo/Cabaye/Tiote for the weekend. Go hard first half to get goals, then play a low-energy possession game - making about three subs on 60 minutes.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Would love to be able to go to this. You people who actually live in Newcastle don't know how jammy you are to have a wonderful club right at your doorstep. All I have locally is Shamrock Rovers  :'(.  :weep:

Would love to be able to go to this. You people who actually live in Newcastle don't know how jammy you are to have a wonderful club right at your doorstep. All I have locally is Shamrock Rovers  :'(.  :weep:

Good post. Amongst all the pants wetting re: our squad I'm sticking to my self made promise to appreciate supporting a competitive premier league team, for too long we had to support a bunch of useless gits.

Mine -

http://i48.tinypic.com/359l6r8.jpg

Try coming to Manila. All we have is a national team of half-bloods who play once every two months. The only ground in the city is a 20k seater, and it only gets up to 8k unless it's a World Cup qualifier. Our main chant is a mix of hysteric screaming and Who Let the f***ing Dogs out. :jesuswept: At least you have a club. We don't.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Try coming to Manila. All we have is a national team of half-bloods who play once every two months. The only ground in the city is a 20k seater, and it only gets up to 8k unless it's a World Cup qualifier. Our main chant is a mix of hysteric screaming and We Let the f***ing Dogs out. :jesuswept: At least you have a club. We don't.

Yeah, I could have it worst I suppose, even if that is unbelievable because the Airtricity League is very poor. Can only dream of having a big club like Newcastle to support in the stadium every week and see the likes of Ben Arfa.

Try coming to Manila. All we have is a national team of half-bloods who play once every two months. The only ground in the city is a 20k seater, and it only gets up to 8k unless it's a World Cup qualifier. Our main chant is a mix of hysteric screaming and We Let the f***ing Dogs out. :jesuswept: At least you have a club. We don't.

Yeah, I could have it worst I suppose, even if that is unbelievable because the Airtricity League is very poor. Can only dream of having a big club like Newcastle to support in the stadium every week and see the likes of Ben Arfa.

Sweden had a team in the Champions League in 1999. Djurgården played Juventus in a qualifier 2005, other than that we've been entertained by Gefle IF and Ljungskile.

At least our national team does OK occasionally.

Couldn't imagine being able to see Ben Arfa in flesh every other week. Unreal.

Kumusta, where in Manilla do you live? Got a place in Makati, and wondering where you catch the games. Star sports is fucking useless so whenever I'm there I always miss our matches.

Kumusta, where in Manilla do you live? Got a place in Makati, and wondering where you catch the games. Star sports is f***ing useless so whenever I'm there I always miss our matches.

Haha, I did see someone wearing a banana Toon kit in a Makati mall a few months back. Wonder if that was you. :shifty:

I live in Pasig, and yes, Star Sports is pretty useless. :lol: Although, you can try Balls (local channel) as I've heard they would be venturing into the Europa League starting this season. :lol:

just checked the stadium plan, still loads of seats left empty, surprised at how many are there at the Gallowgate..hope ticket sales pick up in the next few days.

Can imagine there'll be plenty people buying them on the day. We'll hit 25-30k i reckon.

Kumusta, where in Manilla do you live? Got a place in Makati, and wondering where you catch the games. Star sports is f***ing useless so whenever I'm there I always miss our matches.

Haha, I did see someone wearing a banana Toon kit in a Makati mall a few months back. Wonder if that was you. :shifty:

I live in Pasig, and yes, Star Sports is pretty useless. :lol: Although, you can try Balls (local channel) as I've heard they would be venturing into the Europa League starting this season. :lol:

I was there around February but I don't have that yellow kit so it couldn't have been me :lol: . Yeah I've seen Balls (could have phrased that better) but didn't realise they had actual football on it, just assumed it was all the crappy Azkal matches.

I was there around February but I don't have that yellow kit so it couldn't have been me :lol: . Yeah I've seen Balls (could have phrased that better) but didn't realise they had actual football on it, just assumed it was all the crappy Azkal matches.

Yeah, they don't appeal much as they're a local channel, but they actually show Prem & La Liga matches (with Filipino commentary, but delayed and not much better than Star Sports) and Champions League/Europa League (with English commentators). :)

Sweden had a team in the Champions League in 1999. Djurgården played Juventus in a qualifier 2005, other than that we've been entertained by Gefle IF and Ljungskile.

At least our national team does OK occasionally.

Couldn't imagine being able to see Ben Arfa in flesh every other week. Unreal.

:snod: