Deadline Day Thread

JH

Who have the Spuds signed like?  People on SSN keep going on about what a great window they've had.  I thought they'd signed Dembele, Vertongen, Loris and Dempsey (well and Adebayor but they already had him last season so that's not an improvement).  While they've lost King, Van Der Vart and Modric?

Guest bimpy474

One plus point for us is continuity, all these signing for our closer rivals doesn't always work to start with.

Well i'm clutching that straw like my breath after a fart in my spacesuit.

Who have the Spuds signed like?  People on SSN keep going on about what a great window they've had.  I thought they'd signed Dembele, Loris and Dempsey (well and Adebayor but they already had him last season so that's not an improvement).  While they've sold Van Der Vart and Modric?

Exactly what I was thinking.

I think Spurs have done some good business personally. Light up front though.

Weird really; that's us, Spurs and Liverpool all in a similar situation where strikers are concerned. It's actually quite comforting. Until i remember what a fucking opportunity we've missed. :lol:

Blah. It's done now. A win at the weekend and we'll all be feeling better. It's a big, big game.

Tottenham have done "very well" in this window have they?

King out - Vertonghen in

Modric out - Dembele in

van der Vaart out - Dempsey in

Lloris is a top keeper but that was hardly a problem area. I don't think they're stronger than last season tbh.

Bar possibly Modric those are improvements imo. King and Van der Vaart didn't play enough.

Don't necessarily disagree of course. I'm still waiting to see what's so special about the manager for a start.

Guest bimpy474

Nobody came in for any of our players. Surprising.

They did, Fat Mike wouldn't bite and we are all very very grateful.

Modric is a sensational player imo. They were hardly going to get anyone of his quality in; so they've signed different types of players in Sigurdsson, Dempsey and Dembele. All of which are fantastic signings.

Nobody came in for any of our players. Surprising.

They did according to Pardew but Ashley turned whatever bid it was down.

?

"We have had a couple of phone calls during the window and Mike has been pretty adamant that everybody stays. "