Deadline Day Thread

JH

Every fucking window Spurs make me wanna puke, always gotta be involved right up to the wire. Then ultimately get no further than they are already.

Every single window there's a much mooted transfer to Spurs that makes you think, "wow, that's fucking impressive", then it never actually happens.

Meanwhile, Daniel Levy is in the background cackling like a Bond villain, as he's shifted a few mediocre players elsewhere for double what they're worth.

Gotta hand it to him though, he knows what he's doing.

Then we turn and look at that fat sweaty mess we have in charge.  :dave:

Jesus, I thought Otter was joking.

You're in a much, much better place than West Ham, Southampton and Sunderland. As well as the vast majority of the rest of the PL.

Outside the usual CL sides, the rest of the league is in awe at the business you've done in recent years, and how quickly you've turned it around from being a relegated side to being one that is clearly on the up.

Shhh, people are busy slitting wrists.

They are really trying to better themselves though. That's the point and that's what we've not tried to do.

I know but they had further to jump. To improve us we needed Debuchy and a backup forward, we got neither which is frustrating but we are still better off than most teams. I think Spurs/Chelsea will move away from us but Arsenal will end up out of CL this year. I think Liverpool are not much stronger either. The other teams while improving do not have the quality we have throughout the team

Did Liverpool get better? They didn't add anyone, right?

Liverpool fan I know -

Well done Liverpool, get rid of 3 players & now lose Dempsey to Tottenham. Stupid owners waste £70 million on Carroll, Henderson & Downing but won't pay £7 million for a quality player like Dempsey.

We are screwed now until January 2013. If Suarez is injured we are in big trouble.

Sig keeping Vdv out of Spurs team, so they sign Dempsey? Seems odd.

Sig, Dembele & now Dempsey in attack/mid, will need to create an understanding between them very quickly. Spurs have replaced half their first team.

Jesus, I thought Otter was joking.

You're in a much, much better place than West Ham, Southampton and Sunderland. As well as the vast majority of the rest of the PL.

Outside the usual CL sides, the rest of the league is in awe at the business you've done in recent years, and how quickly you've turned it around from being a relegated side to being one that is clearly on the up.

Otter broke about 5 days ago, went batshit crazy and won't recover any time soon.  :lol:

We've got a good policy, we are always vulnerable to missing out on players due to our prudence, but this policy has also been the reason behind our success. I don't want it to change. Today is disappointing, but the next time we sign a Ba, Cisse, Tiote etc...disappointing days like today will be worth it.

Can't have it your own way all the time.

Did Liverpool get better? They didn't add anyone, right?

Liverpool fan I know -

Well done Liverpool, get rid of 3 players & now lose Dempsey to Tottenham. Stupid owners waste £70 million on Carroll, Henderson & Downing but won't pay £7 million for a quality player like Dempsey.

We are screwed now until January 2013. If Suarez is injured we are in big trouble.

Spurs fans I know -

Dempsey must make a lovely cup of tea or be a good boot cleaner cause we can't be signing him for football

Wot happened to remy and willian?? Bad choice!!!!! Pray we get moutinho!!!!

Clint bloody Dempsey??? WTF

So wait:

Lloris

Walker        Caulker    Vertonghen    BAE     

Lennon      Sigurdsson      Dempsey      Bale

Dembele      Adebayor

I'm fucking losing track, now.

Everton are going to be our closest rivals this season i think. Got to hope they have one of those poor runs. Need to watch out for Fulham now aswell. Great start and now some quality signings and a very good manager behind them.

So wait:

Lloris

Walker        Caulker    Vertonghen    BAE     

Lennon      Sigurdsson      Dempsey      Bale

Dembele      Adebayor

I'm fucking losing track, now.

That's a good looking championship side.  Who is it?

Everton are going to be our closest rivals this season i think. Got to hope they have one of those poor runs. Need to watch out for Fulham now aswell. Great start and now some quality signings and a very good manager behind them.

Everton are going to have a great season.

Their performance at our place last week was one of the best I've seen from an away side at our place for at least ten years.

I couldn't give a shite about how much teams are spending. I look at other teams and laugh at some of the utterly ridiculous figures that have been thrown about for completely average players. £24m for Johnson and Fletcher. £10m for Jarvis. £17m for Carroll. The list goes on. It's just laughable.

It's the simple fact that teams are actually signing players and improving themselves that i'm bitter and angry about. It is ridiculous that the only major signing we've made this summer is for a position that, really, didn't need strengthening. Sure, you can never have too many good players, but it was way down on the list of priorities.

Going into the season with only Ba, Cisse and Shola man. :facepalm:  Simpson and Santon as the only out-and-out full-backs before you're looking at kids. It's an absolute pisstake. Pardew and the current players deserve a fuckload more than that and they've been let down.