Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Guest SuperShola!

Harper

Santon  Saylor  Willo  Fergie

Anita      Jonas

Cabaye

HBA                      Ba

Cisse

This and I reckon we could get 3 points. It would be interesting to see how Santon and HBA link up.

Going for a 2-2 fwiw. Not sure if you're all (well, most) consciously lowering expectations to avoid disappointment, but there doesn't seem to be much expectation on you getting anything. That's a bit of a bizarre assertion to make IMO, you're casting yourselves as a bottom half team with some of the predictions I've seen in here. Injuries or not, you'll have a lot of good players out there to get you a draw or a win. I'm not confident we'll cope well with the apparent expectation for us to just go and pick up a win against the 5th best team last season.

Yes, if I had to pick, we're favourites due to home advantage and also Krul & Coloccini being out, but I dunno. There doesn't seem to be much pressure on you and I think you'll improve from the Aston Villa game.

Going for a 2-2 fwiw. Not sure if you're all (well, most) consciously lowering expectations to avoid disappointment, but there doesn't seem to be much expectation on you getting anything. That's a bit of a bizarre assertion to make IMO, you're casting yourselves as a bottom half team with some of the predictions I've seen in here. Injuries or not, you'll have a lot of good players out there to get you a draw or a win. I'm not confident we'll cope well with the apparent expectation for us to just go and pick up a win against the 5th best team last season.

I think our poor start coupled with the injuries and Pardew's expected decision to start 4-4-2 again (then switch to 4-3-3 second half) is enough for us to know what we're in for.

I hope we kickstart a good run with a win but really can't see it.

Yes, if I had to pick, we're favourites due to home advantage and also Krul & Coloccini being out, but I dunno. There doesn't seem to be much pressure on you and I think you'll improve from the Aston Villa game.

No Krul or Colo is really a big blow, and we really haven't looked good so far

The main differences between this and the Stoke game are A: Stoke were dogshite and Everton are not. B: That 'pessimism' was born purely from a "surely this run can't keep going"-mentality; ie unfounded.

I'm not certain we'll lose but the pessimism right now is a lot more justified. A draw would be a great result considering the team we're likely to put out, and the way we're likely to set up. Plus, it's Goodison, which is a tough place to go at the best of times.

Something along the lines of 2-1 to Everton is what i'm just-about expecting.

Considering we're going with a patched up side, I'll be able to take a defeat. However we need our attacking players to really put in a better shift and shake off the funk they've been in so far. Jonas, Cabaye and The Dembas need to turn up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/13/newcastle-players-international-duty

Alan Pardew wants Newcastle players' data from international training

• Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul returned to club with injuries

• Manager: 'We want to know what our players are doing'

Louise Taylor

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 13 September 2012 21.59 BST

Alan Pardew wants national football associations to supply him with detailed information regarding the training undertaken by Newcastle United players on international duty after Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul returned to the club this week with injuries. Pardew wants data downloaded from GPS monitors routinely worn by leading players to be emailed to him and his staff, who would then be free to suggest amendments to training regimes.

The Newcastle manager is suffering a defensive injury crisis ahead of Monday night's Premier League game at Everton when he will be without Danny Simpson, Ryan Taylor, Krul and almost certainly Coloccini. Krul, Newcastle's goalkeeper, and Coloccini, their captain and best central defender, were injured on international duty with Holland and Argentina respectively and Pardew's squad is looking thin as it prepares for a week featuring a Europa League trip to Madeira to face Marítimo.

While Krul, who damaged an elbow in training with Holland, will miss at least three games, Coloccini returned from international duty with Argentina nursing a hamstring strain and is described as "extremely doubtful" for the trip to Goodison Park.

"We have now lost Coloccini twice after he was injured on international duty and we've lost Tim when he trained after Holland's game, which is not something we do and which we were disappointed about," Pardew said. "Therefore, we have put in a procedure now that we want all international sides to inform us exactly what our players are doing.

"With the technology we have today, GPS and everything else, we want a report back and to know what they are doing because we are handing these players over, to an extent on our pay, so we want to make sure they are looked after.

"Most of our injuries this season have been on international duty and I think that is wrong. We prepare our players properly and we expect them to be prepared properly when they go away with their countries too.

"We have lost three of our back five that started the season – that's a significant blow for us because we are not a Chelsea or Manchester United, who can bring in international players to replace them."

Newcastle's cause is further hindered by the news that a calf problem means Cheik Tioté, their key midfielder, is touch and go for the Everton game.

Guest Roger Kint

How long is it since we turned a Premier League game around to a win?

Last I can remember is West Ham away in 10/11

This question appears every single game thread :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/13/newcastle-players-international-duty

Alan Pardew wants Newcastle players' data from international training

• Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul returned to club with injuries

• Manager: 'We want to know what our players are doing'

Louise Taylor

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 13 September 2012 21.59 BST

Alan Pardew wants national football associations to supply him with detailed information regarding the training undertaken by Newcastle United players on international duty after Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul returned to the club this week with injuries. Pardew wants data downloaded from GPS monitors routinely worn by leading players to be emailed to him and his staff, who would then be free to suggest amendments to training regimes.

The Newcastle manager is suffering a defensive injury crisis ahead of Monday night's Premier League game at Everton when he will be without Danny Simpson, Ryan Taylor, Krul and almost certainly Coloccini. Krul, Newcastle's goalkeeper, and Coloccini, their captain and best central defender, were injured on international duty with Holland and Argentina respectively and Pardew's squad is looking thin as it prepares for a week featuring a Europa League trip to Madeira to face Marítimo.

While Krul, who damaged an elbow in training with Holland, will miss at least three games, Coloccini returned from international duty with Argentina nursing a hamstring strain and is described as "extremely doubtful" for the trip to Goodison Park.

"We have now lost Coloccini twice after he was injured on international duty and we've lost Tim when he trained after Holland's game, which is not something we do and which we were disappointed about," Pardew said. "Therefore, we have put in a procedure now that we want all international sides to inform us exactly what our players are doing.

"With the technology we have today, GPS and everything else, we want a report back and to know what they are doing because we are handing these players over, to an extent on our pay, so we want to make sure they are looked after.

"Most of our injuries this season have been on international duty and I think that is wrong. We prepare our players properly and we expect them to be prepared properly when they go away with their countries too.

"We have lost three of our back five that started the season – that's a significant blow for us because we are not a Chelsea or Manchester United, who can bring in international players to replace them."

Newcastle's cause is further hindered by the news that a calf problem means Cheik Tioté, their key midfielder, is touch and go for the Everton game.

Same for every club, quit your whinging man.