Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Agree with the above team except I'd bring in Williamson for Perch just for this one. Everton very good in the air particularly Felanni who destroyed Man u in the air, man u were very fortunate they lost only one nil. I'd also like to see Campbell on the subs bench.

Big games for Bigi (should he play) Jonas and Pardew tactically. Jonas has been ordered to play deeper and defend with Santon making runs but it is obvious we need Jonas to be more of an attacking threat at times.

Not very confident about this one we desperately need an inform Tiote, but if Ben Arfa's on the pitch I feel there is hope as he can create and can hopefully be the difference.

Not like Pards to be non attacking but I think he may look at a 4-5-1/4-3-3 as there is no Krul, Tiote or Colo.

---------------Harper

Anita----Tayls-------Willi------Sant

------Perch---Cabaye---Jonas

HBA----------------------------Marv

----------------Cisse

I'd go with.

Harper

Perch --- Taylor --- Williamson --- Santon

Anita --- Jonas

Ben Arfa ------ Cabaye --------- Marveaux

Ba

Toss up between Ba and Cisse for the starting spot up front, gave the nod to Demba as he's been better so far this year.

Think the extra man in midfield would be useful, especially with how Fellaini likes to drift off the front and play in the hole. We've also really struggled to link midfield to attack when playing 4-4-2 this year and we'll get no joy humping it long at Ba and Cisse with Everton's CB's.

Also having a striker like Ba or Cisse on the bench would give us a real option to change it around the hour mark.

Don't expect that though, Ba and Cisse will start together up top. Hopefully Pardew has pulled his finger out in these last couple of weeks and we serve up something a lot better than we've managed thus far this year.

I'd totally forgive Pardew for going ultra defensive and shutting up shop for 85mins to try and scrape a point.

I think we almost always plays like that.

Oh p*ss off man.

Think we more often than not play deep in defense and has problem to create anything with anything other than a long ball. Sometimes we play really well. But with a 4-4-2, that is more a rare case.

Think we'll be something like:

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Naismith Osman Neville Pienaar

Fellaini

Jelavic

Just a bit worried about Neville in the middle instead of Gibson, who has been great for us.

I'd totally forgive Pardew for going ultra defensive and shutting up shop for 85mins to try and scrape a point.

I think we almost always plays like that.

Oh p*ss off man.

Think we more often than not play deep in defense and has problem to create anything with anything other than a long ball. Sometimes we play really well. But with a 4-4-2, that is more a rare case.

You've just said you think we play for a draw most weeks, which is clearly utter bollocks.

I have never said that. Just that we most of the times play ultra defensive, especially away from home.

Don´t think Everton on paper is going to be any better than us. But you just know that they will have a drive and passion that we won´t have. We will definitely lose. Would of course be over the moon with anything else. But can´t see that. We will do another crap game like the one last year against them.

Don´t think Everton on paper is going to be any better than us. But you just know that they will have a drive and passion that we won´t have. We will definitely lose. Would of course be over the moon with anything else. But can´t see that. We will do another crap game like the one last year against them.

I'd agree with you, but the upside is that we have Ben Arfa, so there's some hope at least. Plus all we need is one of Cisse or Ba to turn up with their shooting boots on (along with remembering how to control and distribute a football again) and we'd have all the ammo we'd need to paper over the cracks (which atm encompass horrible movement from the team, too many players off form and looking unfit, p*ss poor defending, a keeper who plays in slow motion, woeful service from the flanks, set piece routines and executions that can induce depression, strikers who are playing like Bambi on ice, etc etc).

Think we'll be something like:

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Naismith Osman Neville Pienaar

Fellaini

Jelavic

Just a bit worried about Neville in the middle instead of Gibson, who has been great for us.

Dont fear that midfield like, its whether we can keep the two up top quiet. If we can we've still got players who can cause damage. Pards is going to have to get his team/tactics spot on.