Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

Everton is the last place we want to be risking flair formations though. Will end up being:

Krul

Simp/Anita    Taylor        Coloccini      Santon

Cabaye        Tiote

HBA                                                      Jonas

Ba                Cisse

Want to see this:

Krul

Perch    Taylor    Coloccini  Santon

Tiote        Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse

Think we'll start with 4-4-2 again though, go 2 goals down, change it and pull a goal back but then concede again while pushing for the equaliser.

Both sides go into the 2 week break on the back of a disappointing result, so that could somewhat level any perceived difference. If I were Moyes, I'd be telling Fellaini to get very close to Tiote and pressure him. Thought for a long time Tiote is overrated and his passing is generally crap. A good player yes but not as good as made out in the media.

I'd also be wanting Baines and Pienaar to give Simpson the run around though that might be different if Anita plays there. Interesting where Ben Arfa plays too.

Although we've got a reputation for being solid defensively, you might notice our 3 goals conceded so far have all been really soft. The first was a goalkeeping error, and the 2 vs West Brom were disturbingly easy for them.

I'd expect you to play better than you have done so far, and from our side if we repeat our WBA performance I'd not be confident of winning.

Guest neesy111

Both sides go into the 2 week break on the back of a disappointing result, so that could somewhat level any perceived difference. If I were Moyes, I'd be telling Fellaini to get very close to Tiote and pressure him. Thought for a long time Tiote is overrated and his passing is generally crap. A good player yes but not as good as made out in the media.

I'd also be wanting Baines and Pienaar to give Simpson the run around though that might be different if Anita plays there. Interesting where Ben Arfa plays too.

Although we've got a reputation for being solid defensively, you might notice our 3 goals conceded so far have all been really soft. The first was a goalkeeping error, and the 2 vs West Brom were disturbingly easy for them.

I'd expect you to play better than you have done so far, and from our side if we repeat our WBA performance I'd not be confident of winning.

Pessimism all-round.

:yao:

Pessimism all-round.

:yao:

Well, I'm optimistic about this season. Just trying to balance some of the comments whereby you'd think this game was a write-off for you. :lol:

Both sides go into the 2 week break on the back of a disappointing result, though, so that could somewhat level any perceived difference. If I were Moyes, I'd be telling Fellaini to get very close to Tiote and pressure him. Thought for a long time Tiote is overrated and his passing is generally crap. A good player yes but not as good as made out in the media.

:buck2:

These are the types of games that Tiote thrives in, and his passing only appears to be crap because often at times at home he's the one taking responsibility and trying to make things happen when others around him aren't doing anything, which we all know isn't his game. Away games when we're under more pressure, when we're trying to get a result is when he shines, winning the ball back, keeping possession ticking over. So you're totally wrong tbh. If I were you I'd hope he's out injured.

Was the game two years ago Tiote's first start for us? I remember him being absolutely fantastic in that game, and I have no doubt that he will be if he's fully fit for this one too.

Both sides go into the 2 week break on the back of a disappointing result, though, so that could somewhat level any perceived difference. If I were Moyes, I'd be telling Fellaini to get very close to Tiote and pressure him. Thought for a long time Tiote is overrated and his passing is generally crap. A good player yes but not as good as made out in the media.

These are the types of games that Tiote thrives in, and his passing only appears to be crap because often at times at home he's the one taking responsibility and trying to make things happen when others around him aren't doing anything, which we all know isn't his game. Away games when we're under more pressure, when we're trying to get a result is when he shines, winning the ball back, keeping possession ticking over. So you're totally wrong tbh. If I were you I'd hope he's out injured.

Was the game two years ago Tiote's first start for us? I remember him being absolutely fantastic in that game, and I have no doubt that he will be if he's fully fit for this one too.

Tiote had a 100% passing rate in that Everton game too. :troll:

Guest neesy111

I'll be in f***ing England. Cold, wet England.

Eh, been a lovely couple of days like.

Aye. Shame about Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday last week :lol:

:okay:

He impressed me a lot too in that game but whenever I've seen him recently he's looked half the player. But there you go. :dontknow:

I'd rather he was out injured - as I've just said he's a good player. :lol: But not as good as is made out. Regardless, I'll trust your view. He could turn up and run the game and I'll be left with egg on my :okay: face.

He impressed me a lot too in that game but whenever I've seen him recently he's looked half the player. But there you go. :dontknow:

I'd rather he was out injured - as I've just said he's a good player. :lol: But not as good as is made out. Regardless, I'll trust your view. He could turn up and run the game and I'll be left with egg on my :okay: face.

Fuck you. :lol:

Tiote is the king man. Blates gonna score a piledriver against you that bursts through the net hits you in the face behind the goal. Ben Arfa on Bent-stylee.

:tiote:

We're often poor after a international break and i don't expect this to be any different.

We'll need 5 in midfield for this one or they'll waltz right through us with consumate f**king ease.

If we play 5 in the midfield we could choke this game and catch them on the break.

Everton is the last place we want to be risking flair formations though.

Never understood this, it's not just better for flair it's also better results it's not like we are all out attack and shat defensively using 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 tbh.

Anyway very pessimistic about this game probably a narrow defeat.

Think we'll get a draw or win from this. Expecting to see a big improvement from Ba, Cisse and Cabaye. Think Cisse will nick one with HBA cutting in and scoring with a diagonal across the face of goal. Let's go with 2-1 newcastle

3-0 a reality check for us and Pardew that our midfield is completely wrong tactically. Felliani will run the show. No shame in losing to Everton though, I think they will finish 4th this season.