Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

We never played 433 at Spurs.

Aye, we played 4-4-2 at Spurs and at Fulham we had Best on the left and Shola upfront with Guthrie in midfield.

Hardly representation of a failing system, in any case tonight's problem is not even bother to press them when they have the ball and Williamson keeps hoofing it to Cisse completely by passing the midfield.

If we don't press teams and hoof then we are going to struggle no matter what.

There's no point playing a system like this if your going to completely bypass the midfield.

Ah, that'll be it then. Nothing to do with not having an outlet up top who can keep possession..

We don't have one though, i'm not sure what your getting at.... with the players we have it makes much more sense to pass through teams like how Everton are doing to us.

Just by passing Jonas, Anita, Cabaye, Marveaux and Cabaye is idiotic and goes against the strength of the team.

You went all summer saying we shouldn't be in for Carroll and 4-3-3 would be a perfect fit.. :lol:

4-3-3 is a perfect fit, if we actually use the strengths of the players and pass through teams and not completely bypass the midfield.

If this is the plan for Pardew then i agree Carroll would have been good but i didn't know this.

Can the head in the sand gang please wake up and realise that there's more than the formation that's wrong.

The players just don't look arsed. The front three behind Cisse have been bloody awful.

Marveaux off, Ba on, 4-4-2 and go back to basics. Think tonight just goes to show that if players aren't performing, the system is irrelevant.

Every time we get the ball it is being punted long to Cisse, who has two men on him. We're not playing well but the system is only being made irrelevant because of the maintaining of long balls.

Absolutely battered.

Miraculously it's only 1-0 and we've had some very good chances so we're still in with a shout. Might get a point if we're very lucky.

Wouldn't even say we need to be lucky tbh, we just need to stop being shit, I'm actually 100% certain that we're not actually this shit.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Marveaux off, Ba on, 4-4-2 and go back to basics. Think tonight just goes to show that if players aren't performing, the system is irrelevant.

I'd agree but go back to the 4-3-3 from last season. At least we will offer a threat

Absolutely battered.

Miraculously it's only 1-0 and we've had some very good chances so we're still in with a shout. Might get a point if we're very lucky.

Lottery-esque luck needed tbh.

Some points;

- Anita's distribution was woeful for a kid that's come through the Ajax system. He should be there to calm and allow us to build.

- Cisse hasn't challenged for a header all day. I wouldn't expect him to win many, but at least try to put them off.

- Perch/Willo are not Premiership Defenders. We knew this already.

- Jonas to the right hand side and Gosling in the middle would do us no harm at the minute.

Great credit for trying the new formation. It hasn't worked. We go again.

marveaux needs to sort himself out, not a single tackle put in by him he just runs around chasing shadows, doesn't get anywhere near to winning the ball, when he is in position to contend for the ball, he shirks away from any attempt to put his foot in, he just stands infront his opponent who's got the ball and wait for him to pass.

how many times has Baines stood right in front marveaux and all the frenchman can do is stare at him, f***ing get your foot in there you pansy little s***.

bring Bigi on and put jonas outwide ,  get that useless marveaux off, he's completely out of his depth.  the game is just way too fast for him. 

I'll take that scoreline, like :)

Everton were great in all fairness. Without Krul, Colo and Tiote it was always going to be tough, but Everton's play has been absolutely superb. They've made us look so disjointed, they've dispirited our better players and asserted complete control. Well played them.

For us... we have no real shape or siege mentality about us. About 4 or 5 passengers out there. Jonas and Anita have been especially woeful. Definition of headless chickens. Don't want to be too harsh though.

We have no sense of anticipation without Tiote and Colo. We're like kids randomly running around in a playground atm.

More worrying than this game is how dishevelled our season beginning has been, and in all likeliness, will continue to be until around mid-November. So, rather oddly, we might have an Everton season (if we're fortunate!). So many niggly and shitty injuries, international breaks, shit pre-season fitness etc will stop us from get going - and if/when we do, there's still Pardew's tactical deficiencies to go through (not today - which I don't fault him for especially).

Just going to try and enjoy the cups, because I don't think our Premiership form will be anything other than mediocre this season.

[/ht kneejerk, but not really]

No real presence in midfield without Tiote.

Krul saves that all day long btw.

Absolutely. The goal looked good but it's awful from a defensive point of view. No pressure, no challange, then Harper tries to save it in installments, woeful.

There was no chance for Harper.