Everton 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 17/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 57

Dave

Dunno why Jagielka made his mouth go re Pardew in the build up.

His comments were likely responsible for Pards unleashing the Big Sho when he did.

Tbf, the Ben Arfa situation wouldn't have happened if the goal was given so not sure that really counts.

And the goal would never have happened had the ref not given a ridiculously soft freekick in the first place, so I'm not sure that really counts.

Was a reply to Benwell Lad, people are using your (correct) logic about the goal and then talking about the Ben Arfa incident, you can't have it both ways. Not that I'm really arsed :lol:

He told the Liverpool Echo: "I wouldn't say there was a bit of an edge to the game, but I think it's a little bit disrespectful for someone to say something like that after one good season.

"Fair play, Newcastle had a fantastic season and massively overachieved, but they aren't the first team to overachieve for a season.

"In the Premier League it's all about consistency, and if you look at how we have performed over the years, then it's a little bit disrespectful to come out and say something like that."

His comments were likely responsible for Pards unleashing the Big Sho when he did.

what did he say?  ???

He grasped on to some comments frm Pards last year when AP said that "forget about Villa and Everton, this year we're challenging Spurs and Arsenal".

In a rather typical over reaction, Everton bristled at the comment, perceived an insult and Jagielka said he wanted to ram APs words down his throat.

what did he say?  ???

He grasped on to some comments frm Pards last year when AP said that "forget about Villa and Everton, this year we're challenging Spurs and Arsenal".

In a rather typical over reaction, Everton bristled at the comment, perceived an insult and Jagielka said he wanted to ram APs words down his throat.

Which was taken out of context even further when it was about us keeping our signings

see man, they're banging on about having won far more than us when in reality they've won 5 more league titles whereas we've won 1 more FA Cup.  In my lifetime they've only won the FA Cup, and that was 17 years ago.

They also selectively put their Cup Winners' Cup win in there while ignoring our Fairs Cup - both now defunct competitions.

Aye they've won something more recently but so have Portsmouth.  In both our current states we're as likely to win something as one another.

Guest firetotheworks

It's always the same old stereotypes. It's for that very reason that I try not to tarnish other club's fans in the same way. Liverpool are the exception just purely because it's far too funny and often true.