Newcastle United vs Norwich City - Sunday 23/09/12 @ 3pm

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I really dont want to see Jonas on either flank tbh. Either play 433 or put Marv there.

Ha ha, are you serious? Marveaux has shown no signs of talent since joining us. Won't cut it as a winger playing for a top 8 club.

I really dont want to see Jonas on either flank tbh. Either play 433 or put Marv there.

Ha ha, are you serious? Marveaux has shown no signs of talent since joining us. Won't cut it as a winger playing for a top 8 club.

he definitely can going forwards, the guy has bags of talent. I think pardew will be reluctant though due to him having such little defensive quality. He'llbe our best player against man u

Marveaux does have alot to prove still it is true. Has shown glimpses he could be useful going forward. Jonas offers our team far far more.  I'm not writing Marveaux off just yet but he has been poor lately i.e. even obertan who I do not really rate has offered more so far. I'd like to see more of Sammy, Mehdi bigi, fergie and Campbell in uefa cup games.

Fkn hell. The lad came back from a season out injured for a few games before getting injured for another season. You the type of lad that was screaming at HBA last year for being s**** when he first came back?

Jonas offers nothing going forward, he is no threat. Playing him on the wing in a 442 against teams like Norwich isnt the reight decision imo.

Nah, no way.  Jonas offers much more at the minute.

I rate marveaux he's just had a tough time and i'm not even going to consider judging him off the everton game, was just totally the wrong role for him imo.

Atm for me he's not a starter but he's a very good option to have coming on later to have a run on the left and try to create something.

Don't understand how people write players off so easily.

hmm

we're 11th so that's fine

Ha ha, are you serious? Marveaux has shown no signs of talent since joining us.

f***ing hell, what a shambolic post this is. Actually infuriates me when i get reminded we still have fans like this clown making such rash judgements on a player who clearly has a lot of ability in his locker but came here and has struggled with a bad injury and his biggest task to date was to defend and control Leighton Baines which in fairness he did a pretty terrible job at but he was so out of his comfort zone he shouldn't have been given that task in the first place. He has slowly been making strides towards the first time and i think it's a matter of time before he starts getting a lot of minutes under his belt particularly at home when given an advanced role alongside Ben Arfa which will make a very potent attacking force and a pleasure to watch.

Guest icemanblue

Type of game Tiote struggles in, not sure it would make a massive difference in this game.

Of course the quicker he is back the better but i'm not sure he would make a massive difference in this game.

Eh? Does that have any logical basis in fact?

He usually struggles against the smaller teams because we usually dominate the ball a lot more and his breaking up of play isn't as necessary.

As i said the quicker he is back the better but i would consider playing a better passer in there in games like this as Tiote's influence is limited in games like this.

He usually struggles against the smaller teams because we usually dominate the ball a lot more and his breaking up of play isn't as necessary.

As i said the quicker he is back the better but i would consider playing a better passer in there in games like this as Tiote's influence is limited in games like this.

If he goes back to basics it wont be a problem. Short little passes and keep things ticking over. The problem comes when he starts banging cross field balls and trying to become to influence the game in the wrong way.

Guest icemanblue

Sorry, but that's nonsense. He may have had a couple of poorer performances against weaker sides in the past, but to consider not playing him because of this is madness. What's to say he wouldn't have a stormer this weekend? Are we meant to just write him off against weaker teams altogether?

Ha ha, are you serious? Marveaux has shown no signs of talent since joining us.

f***ing hell, what a shambolic post this is. Actually infuriates me when i get reminded we still have fans like this clown making such rash judgements on a player who clearly has a lot of ability in his locker but came here and has struggled with a bad injury and his biggest task to date was to defend and control Leighton Baines which in fairness he did a pretty terrible job at but he was so out of his comfort zone he shouldn't have been given that task in the first place. He has slowly been making strides towards the first time and i think it's a matter of time before he starts getting a lot of minutes under his belt particularly at home when given an advanced role alongside Ben Arfa which will make a very potent attacking force and a pleasure to watch.

How would you know he has lots of ability in his locker? He has been poor in all appearances to date, fair enough he hasnt made many but hasn't even shown glimpses of being a good winger for us.

For whoever commented above, Ben Arfa had shown in his past, and shown glimpses of brilliance for us before he was fully fit so no I never doubted him.