Newcastle United vs Norwich City - Sunday 23/09/12 @ 3pm

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Ha ha, are you serious? Marveaux has shown no signs of talent since joining us.

f***ing hell, what a shambolic post this is. Actually infuriates me when i get reminded we still have fans like this clown making such rash judgements on a player who clearly has a lot of ability in his locker but came here and has struggled with a bad injury and his biggest task to date was to defend and control Leighton Baines which in fairness he did a pretty terrible job at but he was so out of his comfort zone he shouldn't have been given that task in the first place. He has slowly been making strides towards the first time and i think it's a matter of time before he starts getting a lot of minutes under his belt particularly at home when given an advanced role alongside Ben Arfa which will make a very potent attacking force and a pleasure to watch.

How would you know he has lots of ability in his locker? He has been poor in all appearances to date, fair enough he hasnt made many but hasn't even shown glimpses of being a good winger for us.

For whoever commented above, Ben Arfa had shown in his past, and shown glimpses of brilliance for us before he was fully fit so no I never doubted him.

Urggh.

Normally respect opinions and all that but fucking hell, go and watch another sport.

He usually struggles against the smaller teams because we usually dominate the ball a lot more and his breaking up of play isn't as necessary.

As i said the quicker he is back the better but i would consider playing a better passer in there in games like this as Tiote's influence is limited in games like this.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. He may have had a couple of poorer performances against weaker sides in the past, but to consider not playing him because of this is madness. What's to say he wouldn't have a stormer this weekend? Are we meant to just write him off against weaker teams altogether?

Not saying he shouldn't play maybe i should have worded it better, i'm saying he won't be as important in this game as he would be against the likes of Everton, Spurs, Chelsea etc etc and could get away with not playing him.

Guest icemanblue

He usually struggles against the smaller teams because we usually dominate the ball a lot more and his breaking up of play isn't as necessary.

As i said the quicker he is back the better but i would consider playing a better passer in there in games like this as Tiote's influence is limited in games like this.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. He may have had a couple of poorer performances against weaker sides in the past, but to consider not playing him because of this is madness. What's to say he wouldn't have a stormer this weekend? Are we meant to just write him off against weaker teams altogether?

Not saying he shouldn't play maybe i should have worded it better, i'm saying he won't be as important in this game as he would be against the likes of Everton, Spurs, Chelsea etc etc and could get away with not playing him.

Pretty sure you're advocating playing a 'better passer' there, like.

Aye i'm advocating we can get away with playing someone who is a better passer and better going forward but worse defensively in games like this.

Not saying he shouldn't play but we can get away with not playing him in games like this.

I seem to remember a lot of people saying when we signed Anita we could have rested Tiote in games like these which is true tbh but it doesn't mean he shouldn't play. Just that we have the options to not play him and not suffer too much.

All i'm really saying is we can get away with not playing him against the smaller teams and resting him for the bigger games.

Not saying he isn't important or he shouldn't play just that we can get away with it in games like this ( at least in theory) where as in big games he's the first name on the team sheet tbh.

My response was to " Would be massive having Tiote back for this" all i'm saying is would it really? sure it's massive for the long term, but is it really massive for this game?

Having Colo and Krul back would be more important to me.

Aye i'm advocating we can get away with playing someone who is a better passer and better going forward but worse defensively in games like this.

Not saying he shouldn't play but we can get away with not playing him in games like this.

I seem to remember a lot of people saying when we signed Anita we could have rested Tiote in games like these which is true tbh but it doesn't mean he shouldn't play. Just that we have the options to not play him and not suffer too much.

All i'm really saying is we can get away with not playing him against the smaller teams and resting him for the bigger games.

Not saying he isn't important or he shouldn't play just that we can get away with it in games like this ( at least in theory) where as in big games he's the first name on the team sheet tbh.

My response was to " Would be massive having Tiote back for this" all i'm saying is would it really? sure it's massive for the long term, but is it really massive for this game?

Having Colo and Krul back would be more important to me.

:yao:

Ha ha, are you serious? Marveaux has shown no signs of talent since joining us.

f***ing hell, what a shambolic post this is. Actually infuriates me when i get reminded we still have fans like this clown making such rash judgements on a player who clearly has a lot of ability in his locker but came here and has struggled with a bad injury and his biggest task to date was to defend and control Leighton Baines which in fairness he did a pretty terrible job at but he was so out of his comfort zone he shouldn't have been given that task in the first place. He has slowly been making strides towards the first time and i think it's a matter of time before he starts getting a lot of minutes under his belt particularly at home when given an advanced role alongside Ben Arfa which will make a very potent attacking force and a pleasure to watch.

How would you know he has lots of ability in his locker? He has been poor in all appearances to date, fair enough he hasnt made many but hasn't even shown glimpses of being a good winger for us.

For whoever commented above, Ben Arfa had shown in his past, and shown glimpses of brilliance for us before he was fully fit so no I never doubted him.

Urggh.

Normally respect opinions and all that but f***ing hell, go and watch another sport.

No thanks

Aston Villa a few weeks ago was crying out for Tiote to be involved, he is a constant menace to the opponent.  I understand your point but if you let any midfield get comfortable and have time on the ball then it will be difficult, and this happened in our last home game.

Last thing we can let happen on Sunday is to let Norwich get in a rhythm and keep possession. He can help us snap out of these lethargic starts if he plays this weekend.

First must win game of the season imo.

:nope: was Villa.

:lol: don't be daft. We're on a canny little unbeaten run, it's unrealistic to expect us to win every single last home game. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way on the day (TV Burp Poetry Coooorrrrnnnnneeeerrrrr) and you play poorly and get a point from it.

We should be winning this but a draw or a defeat whilst irritating wouldn't be the end of the world, at all.

The phrase "must win".  Never really relevant unless you're in relegation trouble with 3 games left.  If you don't win a game 5 games into the season then I'm pretty sure you could still turn things around no matter what your objectives, therefore it's not a "must win" game at all.

anywhere to watch this game in,errrr, norwich of all places. seem yo be a few norwich based lads on here who might be able to help,

not keen on walking in a bar rammed with up-themselves norwich fans but ill take what i can get for pubs tbh.

:lol: don't be daft. We're on a canny little unbeaten run, it's unrealistic to expect us to win every single last home game. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way on the day (TV Burp Poetry Coooorrrrnnnnneeeerrrrr) and you play poorly and get a point from it.

We should be winning this but a draw or a defeat whilst irritating wouldn't be the end of the world, at all.

ATB. That is all.

anywhere to watch this game in,errrr, norwich of all places. seem yo be a few norwich based lads on here who might be able to help,

not keen on walking in a bar rammed with up-themselves norwich fans but ill take what i can get for pubs tbh.

If nobody comes in with a definitive answer, The Gardeners Arms in the centre of town is worth a punt, seen them advertising Norwich 3pm kick offs before.

And what is the different between this game and that game? Two bad teams at home.

I realise I'm probably covering old ground here but for me if a game is "must win" then there has to be really bad consequences of losing it: Villa away in the relegation season for instance...

If we don't beat Norwich at home it'll be disappointing but we'll still be midtable with only 5 games played - not exactly time to start manning the lifeboats. Spurs didn't beat Norwich at home this season, doesn't mean their top 4 aspirations are over already.

Teams aiming for the top 4 and the 4th bottom place have important games every few weeks. We're going for top 4 so we can't act like sunderland, Fulham, Stoke etc. We need to be acting like a top 4 club, not a mid-table also-ran.

The wording of "must win" is awful of course but to progress from last season we need to win.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Big game for me that could dictate the season

I think there are rumblings in the camp that we are not as strong as last season, and I think a look at the table after a win tomorrow would do wonders for the players confidence

Last seasons momentum was key for our final position and I think a win against Norwich could give them the belief they need.

Regardless of any issues a winning team is normally a happy team...