Newcastle United vs Norwich City - Sunday 23/09/12 @ 3pm

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Wonder if Pardew thinks these lot are s*** enough to play our best formation?

He does tend to go with a 4-3-3 when we're up against "lesser" opposition so I reckons we'll see it tomorrow. Though it will be interesting to see who plays on the left of the front 3 - think we may see Ba/Cissé interchanging. Otherwise, one of Ba/Cissé will be on the bench (could be the latter tbh...).

Be very surprised if it's not a straight 4-4-2. The big questions in that case will be which side the wingers play on and where Anita plays.

I think that the problem with 4-4-2 as we play it is that we have no penetration down the left and teams can seemingly waltz through our middle. It's quite odd to watch really.

Is Simpson back?

Really important we get 3 points from this, performance or not.

For a side such as ours/aiming for where we want to be, I really think early-season momentum is pivotal. Can't afford to let a side such as Everton/WBA have a five point lead so early on IMO. Look how we ran away from the chasing pack (the would be 7th spot contenders) last time around.

This is a rather sizable departure from my usual spiel about the performance being more important than the result, I realise*

FWIW, I think this game may be similar to Wolves (h) last season - hopefully with a different outcome.

With the volume of games we've got, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew set the team up to defend a 1 or 2 goal lead (if we go up, that is) to the frustration of the crowd/forum. This seems a strange tactic, as I always thought it took more energy to defend than attack.

As for some huge love in for Chris Hughton, he'll get one cheer from me and that's it. Thanks for your efforts while at NUFC Chris but I hope you go home feeling gutted tomorrow. It would be very wrong for the crowd to sing his name during the game.

As for the actual game, games the SJP crowd expect Newcastle to win usually have the worst atmosphere. When we play the likes of Man U, Chelsea, etc. the whole place is jumping. Hopefully the players will give us something to cheer early in the game so some momentum can be built up.

Would be great to start the game like we gave a s*** for a change instead of sleep walking onto the field.

You're right like. Fans grumble in these sorts of games but it's a give and take. SJP crowds know when the players are up for something.

These are the kinds of games that I feel Pardew often doesn't approach positively enough.

We should be able to go out and impose ourselves on Norwich, take the game to them and pin them back and create lots of chances.

Often we start these kinds of games in a very cagey fashion and allow teams more of the ball than we should and they then grow in confidence and end up taking the game to us.

Hopefully we come out all guns blazing.

These are the kinds of games that I feel Pardew often doesn't approach positively enough.

We should be able to go out and impose ourselves on Norwich, take the game to them and pin them back and create lots of chances.

Often we start these kinds of games in a very cagey fashion and allow teams more of the ball than we should and they then grow in confidence and end up taking the game to us.

Hopefully we come out all guns blazing.

Newcastle

-    Alan Pardew's side have won just two of their last eight Premier League games (W2, D2, L4).

-    Newcastle have not kept a clean sheet in their last six Premier League matches.

-    They are the only club yet to score a first-half goal in the Premier League this season.

-    Only two players Demba Ba (3) and Hatem Ben Arfa (2) have scored for Newcastle in the Premier League this season.

First must win game of the season imo.

:nope: was Villa.

:lol: don't be daft. We're on a canny little unbeaten run, it's unrealistic to expect us to win every single last home game. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way on the day (TV Burp Poetry Coooorrrrnnnnneeeerrrrr) and you play poorly and get a point from it.

We should be winning this but a draw or a defeat whilst irritating wouldn't be the end of the world, at all.

I think you're talking shite. We haven't won since the opening game of the season and really need 3 points here to put a marker down and keep up with the pack. I'll be very worried if we don't win, doesn't have to be a walloping but we really do need a win.

:lol: don't be daft. We're on a canny little unbeaten run, it's unrealistic to expect us to win every single last home game. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way on the day (TV Burp Poetry Coooorrrrnnnnneeeerrrrr) and you play poorly and get a point from it.

We should be winning this but a draw or a defeat whilst irritating wouldn't be the end of the world, at all.

I think you're talking s****. We haven't won since the opening game of the season and really need 3 points here to put a marker down and keep up with the pack. I'll be very worried if we don't win, doesn't have to be a walloping but we really do need a win.

Two of those three games were away to the top 2 teams in the country at the moment, I wouldn't read too much into that little stat.

I think you're talking s****. We haven't won since the opening game of the season and really need 3 points here to put a marker down and keep up with the pack. I'll be very worried if we don't win, doesn't have to be a walloping but we really do need a win.

Two of those three games were away to the top 2 teams in the country at the moment, I wouldn't read too much into that little stat.

Wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't played one of the very worst and they dominated us.

Wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't played one of the very worst and they dominated us.

Not to mention that one of those decent results the other team were totally fucking robbed.  Positive stats can be misleading as well as negative.