Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/09/12 (LC R3) - post-match from page 33

Beren

Don't think Marveaux was that bad. We'd have looked a lot worse without him there in terms of keeping the ball. Looks like he has no idea what his position is however and certainly didn't offer enough of a threat going forward.

In possession, he seemed to slow down the momentum of our attacks at times.

Gosling needs to give a call to Nolan and ask to how to be pretty s**** but still score goals. He's getting to the similar positions all the time.

I was thinking before he seemed to be trying to channel Nolan with some of his attempts towards goal.

Tbf he wasn't passed to on three occasions when free, so getting into the space was ok. One where Shola should have let it go really iritated me.

Yeah, that's what I meant. He gets into great scoring positions all the time but really needs to score those as he is basically useless in general play.

Thank f*** that's over, mickey mouse cup competition. Rather we concentrated on Europe.

:mackems:

We'll put an even weaker team out than this, man.

No way, I think the players themselves would probably want Europe, more than this mickey mouse cup. Pardew himself said this was fourth in his priorities  as competitions goes.

Thank f*** that's over, mickey mouse cup competition. Rather we concentrated on Europe.

No way, I think the players themselves would probably want Europe, more than this mickey mouse cup. Pardew himself said this was fourth in his priorities  as competitions goes.

What can they do from the bench though?

Guest bimpy474

Gosling needs to give a call to Nolan and ask to how to be pretty s**** but still score goals. He's getting to the similar positions all the time.

I was thinking before he seemed to be trying to channel Nolan with some of his attempts towards goal.

Tbf he wasn't passed to on three occasions when free, so getting into the space was ok. One where Shola should have let it go really iritated me.

Yeah, that's what I meant. He gets into great scoring positions all the time but really needs to score those as he is basically useless in general play.

I know what you mean, i was doing my pieces at his passing, its just so poor.

You'd have thought there was only one team playing tonight, based on the coverage btw.

Thought the referee was biased in their favour too.

Its like they blew us off the map and totally outplayed us.

Always a wankfest for Sky with Man U like.

Can't be fussed with ratings, but may as well do a list of positives to make me feel better:

- Tavernier is developing really nicely. Full-back is a very difficult position, but he is really doing well overall.

- Elliot - another few top stops, good command of his area, superb at coming off his line

- Tiote - always loves to beast Rooney in the middle of the park (and remind Rooney he isn't a midfielder, or if he is, he isn't on :tiote: 's level. Great sight to see.

- Shola, lead the line well for about 70 minutes then looked pretty jaded/fed up.

- Papisto! Forget the goal, really energetic all round play. Where's this little chap been, eh! Welcome back fella.

A bit concerned with Vuckic. He had a decent moment here or there, and I do understand why Vuckic tried him up front, because he doesn't really work anywhere else with his profile of skills/attributes. Not sure he works up there either at this level. He needs a lot more time on the ball than he has. He is still only 20 mind.

Marv and Ober were alright. Solid displays, if nothing special. Gosling... well. I said this would be something to cheer me up so I shall say no more :huff:

I know there's a point to be made about avoiding injuries but I don't think our best players have to be wrapped in cotton wool quite so much.

What the f*** were we going to do if we had got into the Champions League, just hoy the second string out against Barcelona cos the players can't cope? Meanwhile Frank Lampard routinely plays about 60 games a season for ten years straight and looks fresh as a daisy at the end of them all.

This. Even Championship teams are dong it! Wolves put out a second string and got battered by Chelsea with Torres, Mata et al!! A bit of ambition please, we can rest the big players when we really do have a fixture pile up a the end of the season. The way we are waving the white flag in the cups it's unlikely that will happen.

The youngsters will get more benefit by being eased in alongside the first teamers in ones and twos, not mobbed up as a group with two or three first teamers alongside them.

Gosling, Shola, Williamson and Obertan wouldn't be missed if they never played for us again and might free up games for other players with potential.

Eh, I thought Shola played one of his best 90 mins in few years.

What can they do from the bench though?

I think if we make it to the next round in Europe, think Pardew will put out stronger sides. Well I hope he does!

Gosling, Shola, Williamson and Obertan wouldn't be missed if they never played for us again and might free up games for other players with potential.

Eh, I thought Shola played one of his best 90 mins in few years.

Shola was quality tonight bar the last 15 or so when he looked fucked.

Infuriating the seemingly lack of effort on show like, for a team that isn't exactly swimming in trophies.

Looked like we couldn't give a f*** for the last 15 minutes tbh. Disappointing.

What? :lol:

Didn't look particularly bothered in the last 15 IMO.

As if we were 2-1 up.

I must have been watching a different match to you. I thought our attitude in the second half was spot on, even after we conceded the second.

Elliott - 7.5 - couple of good saves, could do nowt about either goal

Tavernier - 6 - decent going forward

Coloccini - 5.5 - barely noticable

Williamson - 5.5 - same old

Perch - 5 - offered nowt at either end

Obertan - 6 - looked quite bright for him, always offered himself

Gosling - 6 - got in some canny goalscoring positions on/off the ball, not the best on the ball

Tiote - 6 - standard feeling his way back perfomance ft. generic booking

Marveaux 5 - the old look tidy when in space not under pressure but offer nothing in the final third

Ameobi - 6- held it up well in the first in particular

Vuckic - 5.5 - poor in the first, bright before he went off

Ferguson - 8 - great cameo, showed our other so called name wingers what they should have been doing.

Cisse - 8 - great stuff

Bigi - 5 - booked

Elliott - 8 - couple of good saves, could do nowt about either goal

Tavernier - 6 - decent going forward

Coloccini - 5.5 - barely noticable

Williamson - 5.5 - same old

Perch - 5 - offered nowt at either end

Obertan - 6 - looked quite bright for him, always offered himself

Gosling - 6 - got in some canny goalscoring positions on/off the ball, not the best on the ball

Tiote - 6 - standard feeling his way back perfomance ft. generic booking

Marveaux 5 - the old look tidy when in space not under pressure but offer nothing in the final third

Ameobi - 6- held it up well in the first in particular

Vuckic - 5.5 - poor in the first, bright before he went off

Ferguson - 8 - great cameo, showed our other so called name wingers what they should have been doing.

Cisse - 8 - great stuff

Bigi - 5 - booked

How has Tavernier got a 6?