Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

We had a worse squad under Robson and we managed it.

If you keep on telling players they need to be rested then they're going to think it.

It's September already and we shouldn't even be using the word resting. Rotate by all means, but the word resting is so negative.

We had a worse squad under Robson and we managed it.

If you keep on telling players they need to be rested then they're going to think it.

It's September already and we shouldn't even be using the word resting. Rotate by all means, but the word resting is so negative.

We played in Europe and came home to win in the league.

I think expectations are too high, understandably, due to last year. We did brilliantly. This start in juxtapose looks poor but it isn't bad at all. I'm looking for gradual and sustained progress and am not unhappy ....yet

What are our expectations?

I'm upset by how we're playing WAY more than the results tbh

Exactly. If expectations are high for wanting to see a team with Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Cisse and Ba play to their full potential as an attacking unit then I apologise for that.

Its our own fault the squad is too thin. Fuckin annoys me when injuries are used as an excuse. We only needed 2 or 3 more in the summer to go in with a big enough squad. Not £10million signings either, just another player who's main position is centre back would have been nice.

you tell me on yours. I'm guessing better than we are doing at present else your gusset wouldn't be quite so damp

My expectations are the same as they have been since I started watching Newcastle and that is we'll always screw up, what's yours?

At least Pardew admits we were shite today.

Doesn't really mean much though if he keeps on saying this and isn't fixing what's wrong.

I'm not sure it's that easily done with injuries, we need Colo, Cabaye, and Tiote to get fully fit and stay fit.

Think we might have sneaked all 3 if Taylor hadn't gone off injured today.

We should still have a style or identity though so that when so called inferior players come into the team they don't look out of place.

It was a much more pleasant experience watching the bairns last night as at least they were trying to play football.

We will play 4-3-3 next game. No man can watch that shite for the past few games and think 4-4-2 works.

its not the system thats at fault, we've tried 4-3-3 and had the same problems, there is just so little urgency, movement and ideas when we get into that final third, we seem to slow down to walking pace the moment we get near the oppositions goal unless Hatem is in charge. 

We will play 4-3-3 next game. No man can watch that shite for the past few games and think 4-4-2 works.

its not the system thats at fault, we've tried 4-3-3 and had the same problems, there is just so little urgency, movement and ideas when we get into that final third, we seem to slow down to walking pace the moment we get near the oppositions goal unless Hatem is in charge. 

We tried it once (since Spurs) and didn't use it in the same way we did last season. Actually I'd say it was more of a 4-5-1.