Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Hehe happy ship N-O has sailed into choppy waters.

Wonder who will be the first to have to watch their letterbox :lol:

Watch your fucking letterbox, bimpy.

I can see it from here :lol:

Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 with more of the full backs and wingers on their natural sides. Take your pick.

About the best shout you'd have is dropping barfa behind the front two to link midfield. Putting your best 3 attacking players infront of Tiote, Bigi & Jonas today wouldnt have created wonderous football. Cabaye missing was a huge loss. The natural side line you're overplayng.

I'm not overplaying it at all, it's a question of balance. 4-4-2 simply does not work with players on their wrong side.

Or their right side, in all likelyhood.

What, like Shane Ferguson? Ben Arfa is being severely limited on the wrong side, so is Santon.

Agree about Santon, wish we'd buy a left back.

Not sure about Ben Arfa though, think he's great cutting inside and running at teams. Would be wasted as an out and out winger IMO. The key is to have a natural winger on the opposite side, Ferguson looks ideal.

The problem for me is, that we really have one player that is a cut above everyone else and we need to be playing him where he feels comfortable. The dilemma for Pardew though is that it would mean playing with only one of the senegalians or one of them out of position, which makes Demba sad.

I would like to see this

Tiote - Cabaye - Jonas

Ben Arfa            Ferguson

Ba

It's all about Ben Arfa.

When we lose we play bad, when we draw we play bad, even when we win we play bad! Pardew needs to buck his ideas

up because when you look at the players at his disposal theirs no excuses why we can't string 3 passes together. So far this season

we've been the worst footballing side in the league, it's only thanks to individual brilliance in Ba and Ben Arfa that we've picked

up any points. I'm fed up drooling over the way teams that finished below us (with mediocre players) link up and create chances.

Also we need to start playing corners short, we don't create any chances through crosses, Pardew has had enough time to work on

set plays and yet there's no improvement, the best we can hope for is to play it short and keep possession. it's a sorry state of

affairs when your deflated every time we win a corner because you know it means the opposition will undoubtedly regain possession. 

When we lose we play bad, when we draw we play bad, even when we win we play bad! Pardew needs to buck his ideas

up because when you look at the players at his disposal theirs no excuses why we can't string 3 passes together. So far this season

we've been the worst footballing side in the league, it's only thanks to individual brilliance in Ba and Ben Arfa that we've picked

up any points. I'm fed up drooling over the way teams that finished below us (with mediocre players) link up and create chances.

Also we need to start playing corners short, we don't create any chances through crosses, Pardew has had enough time to work on

set plays and yet there's no improvement, the best we can hope for is to play it short and keep possession. it's a sorry state of

affairs when your deflated every time we win a corner because you know it means the opposition will undoubtedly regain possession. 

Worst formatted post of the year.  :lol:

Worst formatted post of the year.  :lol:

:blush: I didn't think it was that bad. I always try and keep the lines short because it irritating when you're on a mobile and it's stretched

across the whole screen. Perhaps I should have made it into two or three paragraphs, but i just wanted to vent my frustrations. My sincerest apologies :angel:

Very poor performance today and another get out of jail card played by Demba Ba. Yeah we have 9 points, but so far this season we have looked so worryingly out of touch. Bar the 2nd half v Everton, has there been a game where we thought 'Aye - we were great'. Lack of investment in the summer is part of the reason for the malaise I think and unless Pardew tries something new, it's gonna be a mid-table finish and the good work of last season will have been undone, due to Ashley choosing to 'play it safe'.

We exited the League Cup down to a lack of belief and commitment - is the Europa League to be next and for it to be treat with what Artie Ziff did when he was at Villa? Because look where that got them.

Will be interested to hear what Pardew has to say on this one - some honesty would be nice.

:blush: I didn't think it was that bad. I always try and keep the lines short because it irritating when you're on a mobile and it's stretched

across the whole screen. Perhaps I should have made it into two or three paragraphs, but i just wanted to vent my frustrations. My sincerest apologies :angel:

Have you seen it?  :lol: I'm guessing it's a mobile phone you've used.

Jonas had a poor game unusually

He's been absolutely woeful this season.

We can say goodbye to playing flowing football with Jonas heavily involved. Nowadays, he's a DM on the wing who cuts in centrally to perform defensive duties. It's an important role but shouldn't be in a team which already has Tiote (and either Bigi or Anita). We rely far too heavily on cutting out other teams strengths instead of actually trying to create lots of chances ourselves. I was very critical of Pardew last season until the last ten games of the season. I thought we'd turned a corner but this season has been dogshit so far. Needs turning around fast

Good news is we played poorly and got something. At least we can only get better. Still comes down to a lack of fresh faces and new energy in the summer IMO. We're in a rut and Pardew needs to sort things out before we lose too much ground on our supposed competitors.

Good news is we played poorly and got something. At least we can only get better. Still comes down to a lack of fresh faces and new energy in the summer IMO. We're in a rut and Pardew needs to sort things out before we lose too much ground on our supposed competitors.

I'm not sure that's true.

Bad news is we've pissed away 2 of the 3 easiest away points we'll get all season.

Bad news is we've pissed away 2 of the 3 easiest away points we'll get all season.

And two of the easiest home points given how utterly awful Aston Villa are.