Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

If he's sticking with 4-4-2, Ferguson must absolutely play. No point in having an ineffective Jonas on the pitch.

I also can't understand why Cisse's not been dropped for a league game yet. He's been absolutely shocking so far this season. Needs to get his shit together.

We just fucking whack long balls at him though, Ba can play that way sometimes but Cisse simply cannot. He's barely even getting half chances because we're so rigid and predictable.

We were shite like, we really need an offensive coach. I say this every week, he's not addressing the issues we had last season, and I don't think you can blame it on lack of signings.

I'm a bit sick of the positive being 'played shit but got a point/won against someone shit' every week.

What's so frustrating is that that's now two games in a row where we've scored from Ferguson crosses but he'll no doubt be dropped again. Anita at right back makes us a more dangerous side. Teams know they just have to mark Ben Arfa to stop us. With Santon and Anita bombing up the wings together with Ferguson and Ben Arfa we'd be a lot more dangerous going forward. Cisse and Ba aren't getting much service. Cisse and Ba cannot hold the ball up when it is launched up to them. Ameobi is the only striker we have who can.

A lucky draw. Why are we always the team who play poorly against the teams who are on a poor run?

Geniune question, how else would you lot have set up the team?

We've had a shocking match, not sure you can blame Pardew for the lineup.

What? :lol:

Not that hard to comprehend mate. How would you have set up the team otherwise? Our bench options were poor.

Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 with more of the full backs and wingers on their natural sides. Take your pick.

Not that hard to comprehend mate. How would you have set up the team otherwise? Our bench options were poor.

Gotta say, odd question.

How about the formation  and set up that sent us on that truly excellent run last season? We put in exciting attacking performances with of verve, pulled teams all over the place. We also looked solid at the back too.

Do you honestly not remember?

:lol:

:lol: I can't believe his post after what he was saying the other day.

Whys that? I believe that team shouldve done better. Poor performances are to blame moreso than any lineup. Barfa barely got into the match 2nd half, was his performance due to Pardew also?

Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. If I was a Reading fan, I'd be gutted that my team is shit and I was a cunt, but they still should have had three points.

We're lucky, lucky people today.

:lol: :lol:

Well, at least we're not losing these games. Still early days guys I know it's turgid but there's plenty of time to get this right.

For starters don't play 4-4-2, play Anita at right back instead of Perch, Tell his team not to launch the ball to players who are not suited to it, don't play Jonas left wing, the list goes on. It's the managers fault, he should be seeing these things, ffs he switched Perch and Anita in last two games as it does not work and same with Jonas and left wing. If its not working in other games when does he get it.

Harper - 9

Perch - 5

Saylor - 6

Willo - 6

Santon - 7 (our only attacking threat really)

Tiote - 5 started ok but really disappeared second half.

Bigi - 7 - generous cos of his age, thought he was fine but we were overrun

Jonas - 4 - meh.

HBA - 4 - worst game for us for a long time, don't hold it against him he can't shoulder us all the time but they found acres of space behind him (perch's fault more maybe)

Cisse -2 - did nothing

Ba - 8

Tav - 4 - not good enough sadly, may come good someday

Ferguson - 7 definately needs more minutes on pitch

Shola - 6 did his shola thing.

Guest firetotheworks

The first time I've ever truly questioned Pardew like.

We haven't got a fucking clue what to do when we get to the final third. We just seem to get there and Tiote, Santon and Jonas especially seem to be like 'now what?'

Abysmal performance, its horrible being outplayed by the worst team in the league. The tactics were poor and the playera didnt seem up for it, although the subs were good.

After that 2nd half against Everton I thought it'd finally get us going. It didnt.

Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous. If I was a Reading fan, I'd be gutted that my team is shit and I was a cunt, but they still should have had three points.

We're lucky, lucky people today.

:lol: :lol:

Well, at least we're not losing these games. Still early days guys I know it's turgid but there's plenty of time to get this right.

:thup:

What's so frustrating is that that's now two games in a row where we've scored from Ferguson crosses but he'll no doubt be dropped again. Anita at right back makes us a more dangerous side. Teams know they just have to mark Ben Arfa to stop us. With Santon and Anita bombing up the wings together with Ferguson and Ben Arfa we'd be a lot more dangerous going forward. Cisse and Ba aren't getting much service. Cisse and Ba cannot hold the ball up when it is launched up to them. Ameobi is the only striker we have who can.

A lucky draw. Why are we always the team who play poorly against the teams who are on a poor run?

Because they only have to be approaching competent to nullify us. Imagine Everton, Spurs, Arsenal against this lot today man. Cricket score.

Where do you begin to untangle that absolute mess? The forum in meltdown. The players in disharmony.

I'll start by saying that the only unusual aspect of today's game was that a fair result was almost achieved in favour of the opposition (as should have been the case a few times this season, and many times last season). Reading were full value for a win.

The performance was horrible. Pardew's management absolutely stunk the place out. Reading and Norwich are probably the two worst sides in the league. I'm not a stereotyped "deluded Mag" and I have no disillusions about us having Barcelona quality-calibre players - but we comfortably have more than enough (several times over, perhaps) to get 6 points from both those teams and a healthy goal difference.

Reading had no clue what to do with the ball until our predictably negative tactics, long balls and lacklustre "creativity" handed them comfort and space to take the initiative and dictate the game.

Telling posters to get a grip because they vent their exasperation with shit football is not on either btw. Most of the posters who were frustrated during the game are also frustrated during wins where we play shit and win undeservedly (and that's very frequently btw). The fickle arseholes are you, the ones whose assessment of a team is based purely on results - in which case I suggest you follow the stock market instead of football.

We essentially play like Stoke City, except we're SHIT at set pieces and we have the players of a top 7 team instead of Jon Walters & Co.

Re: Tiote smacking Tav round the back of the head, who in turn blamed HBA - I'm not too worried. Football rage hits everyone. They're hungry. As long as they can shake hands and laugh about something else together later.

Pardew continues a rich vein of shit form.

If he's sticking with 4-4-2, Ferguson must absolutely play. No point in having an ineffective Jonas on the pitch.

I also can't understand why Cisse's not been dropped for a league game yet. He's been absolutely shocking so far this season. Needs to get his shit together.

We just fucking whack long balls at him though, Ba can play that way sometimes but Cisse simply cannot. He's barely even getting half chances because we're so rigid and predictable.

:thup:

Put him at the head of Arsenal or Everton's team this season and he would have a hatful.

Either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 with more of the full backs and wingers on their natural sides. Take your pick.

About the best shout you'd have is dropping barfa behind the front two to link midfield. Putting your best 3 attacking players infront of Tiote, Bigi & Jonas today wouldnt have created wonderous football. Cabaye missing was a huge loss. The natural side line you're overplayng.