Reading 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 43

Dave

Matches like this are fucking gutting. We have wasted the chance to collect points which will fuck us later on, we were appalling and have been in the bottom five so far this season in how we've played across all games. I feel sorry for Reading that we took the points away from them with a handball. Sickening stuf

Good news is we played poorly and got something. At least we can only get better. Still comes down to a lack of fresh faces and new energy in the summer IMO. We're in a rut and Pardew needs to sort things out before we lose too much ground on our supposed competitors.

Bad news is we've pissed away 2 of the 3 easiest away points we'll get all season.

And two of the easiest home points given how utterly awful Aston Villa are.

Yep, agreed.

What a piss poor game that was, terrible first half from both teams. The only thing that saved us was the hand of god ball from Demba Ba, otherwise it was looking embarrassing. Another excellent cross from Ferguson, showing our experienced players how to cross a ball.

Good news is we played poorly and got something. At least we can only get better. Still comes down to a lack of fresh faces and new energy in the summer IMO. We're in a rut and Pardew needs to sort things out before we lose too much ground on our supposed competitors.

I think there's a lot in this - it reassures fans and players that we're progressing, keeps players on their toes and then there are the practical benefits.

Instead it's been incredibly flat.

Voted 10th place on "Nail your colours to the mast" thread, sticking with that. Probably too much individual quality for results to take us much lower than that, but we're already in the company/region of the table where I expect us to be for the remainder of the season. After that, I worry for us keeping HBA and Ba :(

Surely this performance has prompted Pardew to reconsider some of his tactical approach. If we want to become fluid and play with exuberance again, the hoofing does no good whatsoever. Cissé and Ben Arfa completley wasted today, not seeing anything of the ball. It's the same story with Cabaye when he's played this season.

Go back to how we played in April, I don't mind dropping Cissé on current form. Ba in the middle, stick Ferguson on the left and let's fucking have em.

Surely this performance has prompted Pardew to reconsider some of his tactical approach. If we want to become fluid and play with exuberance again, the hoofing does no good whatsoever. Cissé and Ben Arfa completley wasted today, not seeing anything of the ball. It's the same story with Cabaye when he's played this season.

Go back to how we played in April, I don't mind dropping Cissé on current form. Ba in the middle, stick Ferguson on the left and let's fucking have em.

Yeah, let Cisse get into match fitness through Europa and sub appearances.

4-5-1 with Ba alone up-top.

At what point do people realise that last year was the freak and that we overpeformed? For where we are right now in the evolution of the club i'd be satisfied with 8th and a cup run this year.  We're still on for that aren't we?

Well everyone is still on for 8th and a cup run  :cheesy:

That would be absolutely fine by me if I was witnessing progression and evolution in terms of how we play, and a clear and transparent ideology being implemented  by the manager. I.e reasons to be positive things will improve in the future.

Missed this game completely and haven't seen anything.

Could I have a positive view and a negative view of how we played please? Cheers :laugh:

Negative - We were shite.

Positive - Ba scored a blinder and then knocked one in with his hand.

At what point do people realise that last year was the freak and that we overpeformed? For where we are right now in the evolution of the club i'd be satisfied with 8th and a cup run this year.  We're still on for that aren't we?

We've got the best bunch of players we've had in a long time and with these we should be aiming higher than 8th. They're just not being used right at all.