sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Even before Tiote was sent off we didn't do enough in central midfield to close them down, and that is still our problem, we aren't winning the midfield battle.

Agree; pretty poor considering they've got Larsson and Colback in there.

We seem pretty comfortable, but the way the match has been I can't help but see them get a snide goal from a dodgy free kick. If we hold onto this like we did last season I'll be very impressed, as long as we don't gift them 2 goals I'll be happy.

If ref had blown for Colebeck trying to fucking undress Tiote when he should have Tiote wouldn't have been off.

Still think it was harsh like.

He did blow, but far too late. Tiote doesn't even see Fletcher coming there, he's fully focused on getting the ball. He is late, but there's absolutely nothing in that challenge.

Tiote does that kind of petulant follow-through quite a lot. Most of the time, he gets away with it. Today he doesn't, and I hope he learns a lesson.

We've done all right with 10 men, which is a reflection of the opposition. With luck, we may just get away with something. Cabaye needs to keep his head too.

In general, when we get a turnover, we don't use the ball positively enough. We end up with two of three sideways or backward passes with the aim of making sure we don't lose the ball, we're then under pressure and end up hitting it long.

thank you ref, you piece of ......, no card for foul on jonas, red for tiote, hahaha, you idiot, you mustbe drunk

Tiote's was a definate red

What did he do?

Tried to tackle while being heldback, ball was cleared and it was a late challenge. We got the freekick for Tiote being held back, Tiote was sent off. Minutes after Shola took a high foot in the chest.

Tiote's changed what was looking like an easy victory into a nail biter. He'll never learn to control his temper.

He was his own worse enemy in that incident. Most other players - say Cabaye for example - would have just stopped after the initial foul and expected the ref to blow. Tiote doesn't really do that.

Tiote's changed what was looking like an easy victory into a nail biter. He'll never learn to control his temper.

These posts still shock me. How that is even a red, look beyond where he hits the guy. Fletcher comes from an angle and Tiote never sees him until he has already raised his foot to go after the ball.

If ref had blown for Colebeck trying to f***ing undress Tiote when he should have Tiote wouldn't have been off.

He did blow, but far too late. Tiote doesn't even see Fletcher coming there, he's fully focused on getting the ball. He is late, but there's absolutely nothing in that challenge.

Which is why i said this :)

Very even. They're probably unlucky to be behind, they've played the better stuff in general play. We're awfully negative since the switch, and though they haven't looked much like scoring I'm worried that inviting them on all the time will eventually prove a bad idea. It's not like we've got much pace on the counter either, Ben Arfa aside.

What ????

He was shrugging off the chasing Colback (I think it was) then competed for a fifty-fifty immediately after the whistle went for the Colback offence - but it wasn't a red man. No way. Wasn't from behind, both feet didn't leave the ground, didn't lunge aggressively... his main offence was having the reputation of Cheick Tiote.

The tackle was in no way indicative of a 'temper'. He went for a bouncing ball and mistimed it, and got Fletcher on the shinpad, who then rolled around like he was being tasered.

If ref had blown for Colebeck trying to f***ing undress Tiote when he should have Tiote wouldn't have been off.

That's the point. He had blown.

About twenty fucking minutes too late aye....

If Le Tissier had said that he could understand the ref giving him a red then I don't think I'd be quite so fucking furious but he's making out like it was a vicious assault. Tiote stuck his leg out and got the player, there wasn't any indication of him trying to hurt the player.

Also boils my piss that the ref gave a red card instantly without actually being in any position to see the challenge, pretty sure all he could see was Tiote's back and a player go down.

Definite yellow card, harsh red.

Guest bimpy474

Actually thought the worst bit of reffing was the advantage given to Johnson. He gave him the advantage already, Johnson got the cross in. Just because Johnson fucked the cross up you dont then give him another advantage.

Complete joke of a ref Atkinson like.

Very even. They're probably unlucky to be behind, they've played the better stuff in general play. We're awfully negative since the switch, and though they haven't looked much like scoring I'm worried that inviting them on all the time will eventually prove a bad idea. It's not like we've got much pace on the counter either, Ben Arfa aside.

What ????

What what?