Newcastle vs Club Brugge - 25/10/12 @ 8:05pm (Live on ESPN)

Beren

Looks like this is another Europa League game I'm going to miss due to work :sad:

How late are you working, fella!

Depends on what kind of day I'm having, if it's a terrible one then I don't finish work until half 7. Guess I can still catch the second half though.

He'll start on the side Obertan should be starting on, the left. Don't really see what he's ever offered other than the comedic factor of being Shola's brother. Have no problem with him being on the bench, just don't think he's done anything to deserve a place unlike Tav, Ferguson and Bigi have done in their showings so far this season.

I prefer showings on the pitch to what's done in training. Shola's meant to be great in training, does that mean he should start ahead of Ba in the PL? no. I really want us to give this comp a go and am fine with bringing youngsters through just don't feel he deserves the start ahead of Obertan who has earnt a place through his last game in Europe. Sammy should be brought on from the bench and prove he's worth a start for the next game.

Sammy hasn't had a chance this season though to show what he's got.

Also Tavernier has been very raw and inconsistent apart from his showing against Man Utd.

There's no comedic factor about him being Shola's brother as far as I'm concerned, he offers pace, trickery and directness in the final third. Something which we've been lacking this season apart from Ben Arfa.

Because they were last season and there are players ahead of him in the pecking order, I don't see how it's talking shit wanting players who've worked for a place to start. He's done just as much as Marveaux if not less this season yet no one has a problem with him not starting.

Think Martin Hardy in The Independent may have nailed the probable team, save for maybe Harper coming in for Krul:

(4-4-2) Krul; Anita, S Taylor, Perch, Ferguson; Obertan, Bigirimana, Tioté, Sammy Ameobi; Shola Ameobi, Cissé.

Looks really good on paper to me, but I'd prefer to see the same sort of shape we lined up against Bordeaux with. Wonder if Pardew has designs on Sammy playing in behind Shola with Cisse and Obertan wide. Would be extremely attacking and direct, which sounds good to me.

Probably not but they've proven otherwise in substitute appearance's. I don't see what's wrong with wanting a youngster who's returning from injury to be on the bench and start a player who deserves their start and is fully fit.

Think Martin Hardy in The Independent may have nailed the probable team, save for maybe Harper coming in for Krul:

(4-4-2) Krul; Anita, S Taylor, Perch, Ferguson; Obertan, Bigirimana, Tioté, Sammy Ameobi; Shola Ameobi, Cissé.

Looks really good on paper to me, but I'd prefer to see the same sort of shape we lined up against Bordeaux with. Wonder if Pardew has designs on Sammy playing in behind Shola with Cisse and Obertan wide. Would be extremely attacking and direct, which sounds good to me.

I'd worry about Bigi & Tiote's lack of creativity, especially when they're surrounded by bulbhead and an inexperienced youngster.

Guest magpie99

Harper

Tavernier

Taylor

Perch

Ferguson

Anita

Tiote

Bigi

Obertan

Cisse

Sameobi

Subs:

Elliott

,Marveaux

Shola

Amalifitano

Santon

Willo

Campbell

Harper

Tavernier

Taylor

Perch

Ferguson

Anita

Tiote

Bigi

Obertan

Cisse

Sameobi

Subs:

Elliott

,Marveaux

Shola

Amalifitano

Santon

Willo

Campbell

I'll like to see that. Would also like to see both amalifitano and marveaux get some time on the pitch.

I think we'll see 4-4-2 if Sammy is to start.  Would have thought Shola will get a chance after being HAULED OFF #9-1 #FTM on Sunday.  As will Cisse, both scored last round as well.

Obertan will clearly get a start as he also played quite well against Bordeaux and Pards seems to rate him higher than most (everyone).

Shame if that's the case.  As I thought Obertan looked much better on the left, especially when we were playing with a front 3.  Him and Sammy can switch flanks I suppose, but we don't seem particularly fluid with our formations.  Would also presumably mean Bigi wouldn't start, as Tiote is playing and surely Anita will get a start.

Massive load of assumptions in this post  :lol: hope I'm wrong.

Probably not but they've proven otherwise in substitute appearance's. I don't see what's wrong with wanting a youngster who's returning from injury to be on the bench and start a player who deserves their start and is fully fit.

I understand your viewpoint a bit better now but I still don't agree with it tbh.

What you're saying devalues the performances players will put into training in favour of a substitute, almost gestural, appearance to get one player ahead of another in the pecking order.

As for returning from injury, if he is match fit, he is match fit.

If Sameobi is outperforming Marv in training for a whole week, he can jump ahead of him without having to put in a fifteen cameo in front of SJP first. Equally, he shouldn't be stopped by Marv putting in an unrepresentative decent fifteen minute spell when he's been garbage all week! Meritocracy is the way to go.

From your initial post, it seems like you're misdirecting residue anger from King Shola tbh.