Liverpool vs Newcastle United - 04/11/12 @ 4pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

How long before they refer to him as 'mr liverpool' :rolleyes:

Makes a late tackle and kills someone: Mr Liverpool. Plays a hollywood ball out to the wing but nobody there: Mr Liverpool. Ball drops on the box and toe punts it aimlessly forward: Mr Liverpool. Gets involved in a dispute which has nothing to do with him, making it worse, then telling everyone to calm down: Mr Liverpool. Motm? Man of he universe, get it right.

Passes it two foot forward....

GEEEERRRRRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRDDDDDD!!!!!

I must admit i am feeling particularly pessimistic, but its time for the players to step up. Everyone at the club keeps talking up finishing top 6 (Pardew even mentioned top 4 on FF) and if we are to achieve that we must get results against teams like Liverpool at Anfield.

Everyone knows we havent reached anywhere near the same level of performances like last season, and we have been stumbling along and today would be a perfect opportunity to put some pressure on the top group of teams.

I think this game could set the tone of the rest of our season. A fantastic performance and result would catapult us in to top 4 contention with two homes games to follow. An inept poor display with no ambition and a loss will just add to the other poor performances in a season that hasnt really got going.

I'm not sure just how far further from grace Liverpool would have to fall before I'd feel like we could possibly win there.  On the face of it, no reason not to go there and win.. still feel like we'll lose five nowt.

This is the Liverpool team, apparently:

Jones; Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique; Allen, Gerrard, Sahin; Suso, Suarez, Sterling

Shite team, definitely beatable. But of course Gerrard will have his usual match of the season.