Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Swansea - 11/17/12 -post-match reaction from page 29

Beren

Anyway, moronic statements aside:

Better first half than at West Ham, and promising opening to the second half until they scored. Don't get me wrong - not a performance to be proud of, but one that I was less ashamed of.

The growing frustration among our better players at being beat by physically inferior, but better-coached midgets began to show in different ways.

HBA became understandably more greedy. Our passing from the back stopped and we resorted to hoofball again, and I'm sure if Cabaye was here he'd have expressed his frustration through a dirty-as-fuck challenge.

Credit to Swansea who also gave us a lesson in (among other things) how to make the opposition work to win the ball back. The turnover in possession when we're awarded free-kicks and throw-ins is a joke.

Aside from that, regular criticisms apply. Pardew still just a PR man, ad nauseum.

Guest bimpy474

I know Krul's kick was poor but Williamson's backpass was so shit too. You play it to Krul's left and if a player is chasing you angle it more, making the chasing have less chance to close it down. Typical of Williamson though. Shocking player.

Krul - 4. Shameful kicking which cost us a goal.

Simpson - 5. W*** deliveries.

Williamson - 3. Where in the world was he for the goals? Mustve been Swansea's gameplan to bum him. Seemed uninterested and sometimes let his teammates cover up his indecisiveness.

Saylor - 6. Looked assured in a defense bereft of it. You can see his effort in going forward towards the end.

Santon - 6. Decent attacking runs.

HBA - 6. He tried. He had the vision but not the execution. Tried to do it by himself at times, I must say.

Tiote - 5. Extremely careless with the ball and we gave it away cheaply at times.

Anita - 5. Anonymous except for that shot early in the second half.

Fergie - 5. - Deliveries weren't that good today, but he didn't deserve to be taken off imo.

Sammy - 4. All running, for absolutely nothing.

Ba - 6. - Missed some decent chances today but scored.

Shola - 5. That cross. :lol: That is all.

Bigirimana - 5. What is the point of bringing on a defensive midfielder when chasing the game? Adding more energy and youth into the midfield? Bulls***.

Marveaux - 6. Neat with the ball and in passing it.

Pards - 4. Outsmarted against two average teams. West Ham and Swansea played different styles but got equally good results, which underlines how utterly one-dimensional we are under 4l4n Par2ew. The last minute goal saved him the worst of the booing as well. Winning with style with a 4-4-2? :yao:

Krul - 5

Simpson - 4

Williamson - 3

Taylor - 6

Santon - 6.5

Hatem - 7.5

Tiote - 6

Anita - 5

Fergie - 5.5

Sammy - 4

Ba - 6

Those are too high.

HBA done plenty (with little outcome, sadly). Ba had a few shots/headers and got a goal. Santon was energetic and busy. Tiote's probably too high. Everyone was sub-par but Willo, Simpson and Sammy were awful (and Shola).

Biggest problem is that our players don't move after they pass the ball. The number of times the ball goes sideways, backwards or our wingers/fullbacks dawdle on the ball because no-one is moving for it means scoring goals happens by accident rather than design. Our goals against West Brom are a perfect example. A long ball that the defender makes a mess of and Ba finishes and a goal deflected in off Cisse's backside. Also I hate seeing us shoot from distance, we're fucking pathetic at it.

We must have put in about 25 crosses, one of which was good. Utter utter rubbish.

I expected more from Fergie to tell the truth. Everyone knows he has a wicked left foot to put crosses in but

1) they were all s***

2) he did f*** all else!! you're a professional footballer for f***'s sake! how can you not pass, get involved in the overall play? all he did was turn onto his left foot and put in one s*** cross after another. became so predictable and the full back nullified him.

We really must not train during the week as there is zero evidence that we do. The team overall and the players look completely different to what we saw last season.

until they scored, we actually played better than usual,  not saying it was great, but there was some energy and intent in our play at least.  but even then we showed many moments of how easy it was for swansea to carve us open only by some top krul interventions and their lack of finishing stop them.

we tried to create chance many times, but pointless as the there was never any quality in our final ball, when the ball was good Demba was off the boil with his finish,

after numerous warnings of swansea's countering prowess , they scored

and turned into a shower.

Krul  5

Simpson  5

Taylor  7

Williamson  2

Santon  6

Ben Arfa  6.5

Anita  4

Tiote  4.5

Ferguson  5

Sammy  3

Ba  6

Shola  3

Agree with that

Marv gets a 5 from me. Did nothing wrong, almost scored.