So What Would YOU Change?

Colos Short and Curlies

In an ideal world :yao: :

Hire an attacking coach and a possession-based coach. Basically have one coach for each part of the game and overlap them into a structured game plan.

Bring in a right back, two center backs, 1 box-to-box midfielder and a striker who works in general play (not just a finisher).

At least we should look to bring in Debuchy, Mbiwa and Sissoko. Mainly to shift Simpson and Williamson out of the side and entertain the possibility of controlling the game in midfield, offer threats from midfield and utilizing Cabaye and Tiote better.

We have to play with a 3 man-midfield to be able to compete in games and get some movement in the team. It's very basic stuff, but it wont happen, and I'm not sure why. It's so annoying our manager focuses on all the wrong areas of the game. It's out of date and we're figured out. It doesn't help our players look disinterested and utterly clueless executing the simplest moves, passes and ability to function as a team. I don't see how we're gonna beat teams these days.

Implement a passing/possession footballing philosophy throughout the whole club so it makes it easier to complete in games were our bigger players are missing. If Swansea can do this when they were falling off the face of the earth footballing wise, then so can we. 

The strength and conditioning coach. We might not be able to sign world class players, but I don't see why we shouldn't employ the best one available, especially with the people running this club seemingly being insistent on us keeping a tiny squad. It's no surprise to see NUFC topping the injury table again this season. I'd like it if our players got injured as infrequently as possible, were out for the shortest time possible when injured and were better conditioned and fitter than the opposition.

This would also paper over the tactical deficiencies of the coaching department and the technical deficiencies of the playing staff, in the short term. 

Long term, the way the club is run. We can talk about getting a manager with some actual footballing ideas and implementing a positive philosophy, but with the makeshift, improvisational manner the club is run, should we change the manager the best we're likely to get is a toady from the lower leagues or an exhumed, poorly embalmed, mummy looking for two coins to rub together, à la Kinnear. I'm not sure any ambitious manager would stand basically putting up and shutting up with what he's given (what he's given being whoever the club could get for cheap; if even cheap is too expensive: too bad) or having to put his face in the press to take the heat for his employers' cock-ups. Should we fluke a good manager he'd likely be off as soon as possible, to work for someone with a long-term vision for their club. We're basically what should be a supermarket being operated like a kiosk.

4-3-3/4-2-3-1

We need our key attacking players further up the pitch, and whether its Ba or Cisse, just play one of them centrally and focus everything towards them as both have the potential to get 20 goals a season. Other than that, sign another centre back, a proper left winger, and lets let loose on someone! :)

Apart from Ashley refusing to pay over the odds for players (his odds) im not sure we'll be able to attract real quality players, at least not on par with what we COULD have got in during the summer.

Can't see us picking up a decent amount of points before the window opens, most probably Pardew will be close to resign/get sacked. And who the hell would join a sinking ship with uncertainty around the manager position?

If i was a quality player (not a fan) i surely as hell wouldn't join Newcastle and risk my carreer with by best years ahead of me.

Sounds negative, but im afraid it'll be tougher than we think.

It's a big job to turn this around, and regardless of whether Pardew is still manager or is sacked soon this needs to happen.

We're not going to win many of the games we have coming up for a while, and our current set up is shipping goals and struggling to create chances, we need to change it up, and we need to get players remotivated.

I know it could be a suicide note but some of the deadwood needs to be kicked out of the first team (Jonas and Tiote in particular), in preference for some of the young players, regardless of readiness. We need to be going all out attack tbh as we can't defend for shit and we need to create some chances. Assuming ben afa is back I'd hope for something resembling a 4-3-3 with Anita Bigi and Hba forming a fluid midfield with Ben Arfa the most forward behind Ba (or Cisse) with Marveaux and Ferguson on the wings.

When it comes to January Tiote needs to be sold while he still has any value (at this rate he will have none by summer). After that nothing short of big investment will seriously diminish our chances in the league. A new right back, a first choice CB, a midfield enforcer, a new winger or two and a striker. If we get even half of that we'll still be in serious trouble.

I'd sack Pardew and stump up the compensation fee for Laudrup. In Jan I'd get rid of Ba, Simpson and Williamson and bring in Debuchy, Douglas and Aubemyang. Play a passing,attacking 4-3-3 with that side and i think we'd fly up the table.

Krul

Debuchy Douglas Colo Santon

Tiote

Cabaye    Anita

Ben Arfa          Cisse    Aubemyang

Will never happen though.

The manager (he can still prove me wrong). It's very clear that we have no style of football ourselves when it comes to having the ball apart from hoofing and disrupting the other team. It works ok when everyone is fit because we rely on ben arfa to do something special etc but it becomes very apparent we haven't a clue when we get one or two injuries.

Willi is such a weak link but with our injuries he has to play, would take a drastic formation change to not have him in the starting 11 right now.

All fit I want to see this but we can't not until Febuary for Cabaye and Taylor

---------------Krul

--------Tayls-------Colo----

Sant-------------------------Fergie

---------------Tiote

------Cab--------------Jonas-----

---------------Benny

------Cisse---------------Ba------

Willi is such a weak link but with our injuries he has to play, would take a drastic formation change to not have him in the starting 11 right now.

All fit I want to see this but we can't not until Febuary for Cabaye and Taylor

---------------Krul

--------Tayls-------Colo----

Sant-------------------------Fergie

---------------Tiote

------Cab--------------Jonas-----

---------------Benny

------Cisse---------------Ba------

Not bad, but no way i would play Jonas ahead of Anita. At this moment i wouldn't even play Tioté ahead of Anita (atm) who i think will get just better and better (Tioté will as we'll hopefully)