Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coming from an American sports background, coaches/managers generally get at least a couple of full seasons to show what they can do (subject to plenty of exceptions to prove the rule). It seems the tolerance level is a lot shorter in football (I'm not necessarily suggesting that's a bad thing or a good thing).

Please excuse my ignorance but are there relegations/promotions in NFL / NBA / MLB ?

I can understand people saying it's a bit extreme wanting Pardew sacked this early after what he did last season. But at the same time, it's a bit extreme calling it a joke, offering paper thin arguments and overlooking what's happening at the moment. We're getting dominated by newly promoted sides, offering nothing. And there are no signs of it turning around. Not even an acknowledgement of the situation, or at least an attempt to pursue the problems and fix them. See "excuses".

I'm basically in the "I wouldn't mind if he got sacked"-brigade. The football atm is unbearable.

By now you'd think Pardew would have tried the 4-3-3 more just for giggles even.

I mean we're struggling. Try something new. We know you're no revolutionary. We're not asking for three at the back or anything.

How about the formation that was actually working so well just last season? Maybe?

My goodness.

lose to Wigan at home.

f***ing hell. Imagine the fall out after that :lol:

It will be Armageddon bro. :lol:

That's the game for me. Quality teams find it hard to play Stoke away at the best of times so a loss wouldn't have been unexpected even if we'd been flying. Fail to beat Wigan though and it will kick off.

Guest neesy111

Are these results and performances really a surprise though considering our performances start of the season were bad?  Were getting exactly what we deserve for starting off the season badly in terms of preparation, fitness and transfers.

I've only been following Newcastle since the beginning of the 06-07 season, but in that time there have been 7 managers, not including caretakers. That averages out to just shy of a year per manager. Granted, that includes dynamos like Roeder, Allardyce, and Kinnear.

Coming from an American sports background, coaches/managers generally get at least a couple of full seasons to show what they can do (subject to plenty of exceptions to prove the rule). It seems the tolerance level is a lot shorter in football (I'm not necessarily suggesting that's a bad thing or a good thing).

Assuming some baseline competence level, what is a reasonable period of time for a football manager to show what they can really do with a team?

Far easier in American sports where there is no relegation to give managers time.  When you have a drop in revenue which could be 75% of your turnover by getting relegated then clubs will sack managers more often to try and ensure survival.

Good point. I didn't factor in the relegation effect. Europe as well, I suppose. 

Guest neesy111

lose to Wigan at home.

That's the game for me. Quality teams find it hard to play Stoke away at the best of times so a loss wouldn't have been unexpected even if we'd been flying. Fail to beat Wigan though and it will kick off.

'

Can see the atmosphere being hostile in the stadium as well.

Guest neesy111

I've only been following Newcastle since the beginning of the 06-07 season, but in that time there have been 7 managers, not including caretakers. That averages out to just shy of a year per manager. Granted, that includes dynamos like Roeder, Allardyce, and Kinnear.

Assuming some baseline competence level, what is a reasonable period of time for a football manager to show what they can really do with a team?

Far easier in American sports where there is no relegation to give managers time.  When you have a drop in revenue which could be 75% of your turnover by getting relegated then clubs will sack managers more often to try and ensure survival.

Good point. I didn't factor in the relegation effect. Europe as well, I suppose. 

I'd give Pardew rest of the season if we had no relegation.  It's something I'm fearing due to how bad we've been all season and not just the last 3 league results.

Guest neesy111

In fact, if you offered me 0-3 on Wednesday followed by 1-0 in Saturday, or a 3-0 win at Stoke and a 0-1 defeat against Wigan, I'd take the first one.

Wigan game is on Monday btw.  Trial by TV.

Please excuse my ignorance but are there relegations/promotions in NFL / NBA / MLB ?

No, there aren't. As Neesy pointed out, that would be a pretty significant reason for the difference (at least to the extent of clubs at risk of relegation).

lose to Wigan at home.

We'll probably beat Wigan as long as they don't score first, QPR with Redknapp is another thing and comes after 2 games which will probably bring 2 defeats.

Gary Neville will rip us to shreds in his post game analysis. Just great.

I have to say i'm really surprised at peopel seeing Wigan as a game that will be unacceptable for us to lose.

I mean have you seen them play? Bloody frightening team going forward, who can be beaten and often mess things up for themselves, because they have got a lack of talent in defence.

Guess what though? We can't exploit this because our attacking play is horrendous! Furthermore our defence sucks just as much as theirs. We're arguably the team they woul love to play most right now.

We failed to defend against Southampton and also couldn't score past them. What the hell will Wigan do?

Guest Howaythetoon

f***ing sick of KK always being the example like.

With any luck you'll choke on it so we don't have to hear anymore of you being sick of KK always being an example.

For someone that's general response is often to do with this being a forum for opinion, you do seem unwilling to accept critique from others, especially considering how much you write. You don't exactly die by the sword you live by.

Oh, go and be sick again please.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way Rodgers at Liverpool is a bit like Pardew, a bit of a fraud, another who has created an image for himself designed on others' traits but in reality he's just some Northern Irish bloke underneath. He'll get found out, they all do.

By the way Rodgers at Liverpool is a bit like Pardew, a bit of a fraud, another who has created an image for himself designed on others' traits but in reality he's just some Northern Irish bloke underneath. He'll get found out, they all do.

:laugh: :cheesy:

Interesting, not sure I agree. I think Rodgers genuinely went about learning how to play a brand of football he admired and believed in.

I watch Liverpool, and they are playing far better stuff than they were under Dalglish. Suarez who many said wasn't a finisher last season, now looks even better, and is scoring more, from the better chances he is getting.

Also, youngsters are coming into the team, and are being given the freedom to play, and are performing.

He's hardly spent anything, and imo is moving the team to a better place than they were last year under Dalglish.

If you look at the two managers Rodgers is the one that deserves more time, if anything, because the football is better, and he is clearly able to get his ideas across. Also, the talent in the academy is actually being utilised now, and is clearly being developed.

What does Pardew have to show for himself?

Guest icemanblue

Interesting, not sure I agree. I think Rodgers genuinely went about learning how to play a brand of football he admired and believed in.

I watch Liverpool, and they are playing far better stuff than they were under Dalglish. Suarez who many said wasn't a finisher last season, now looks even better, and is scoring more, from the better chances he is getting.

Also, youngsters are coming into the team, and are being given the freedom to play, and are performing.

He's hardly spent anything, and imo is moving the team to a better place than they were last year under Dalglish.

If you look at the two managers Rodgers is the one that deserves more time, if anything, because the football is better, and he is clearly able to get his ideas across. Also, the talent in the academy is actually being utilised now, and is clearly being developed.

What does Pardew have to show for himself?

5th place finish, in his first full season in charge?

EDIT: Manager of the Year, too. :lol:

We'll lose against Stoke, and i can't see us winning or even drawing against Wigan. After the 'likely' loss against Stoke, imagine the pressure Pardew and the players will be under, could even see us lose with 2/3 goals against Wigan at home.