Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Frankly I couldn't give a flying f*** what Stoke fans think. They blissfully enjoy watching their expensively assembled collection of spare parts, aging cloggers and 6 ft plus giants play for binary results every week so it makes sense they'd struggle to grasp our infuriation at watching rank awful football every week.

Or maybe they aren't so blissful, when you see their increasingly dwindling away following.

I lived near Stoke when they were promoted and knew Stoke fans who wanted Pulis out of the club before a ball was kicked and I've heard them saying the same thing many times since.

The winning at all costs thing means nothing in this scenario because we are getting no points with this style of play :lol:

The thing is the carpet football stuff suits the team more and will most likely get more results than this abysmal shite we are deploying at the moment with no success.

I feel sorry for the likes of Marveaux, Cisse, Cabaye, Anita, Ben Arfa etc etc they deserve a much better brand of football than this.

Frankly I couldn't give a flying f*** what Stoke fans think. They blissfully enjoy watching their expensively assembled collection of spare parts, aging cloggers and 6 ft plus giants play for binary results every week so it makes sense they'd struggle to grasp our infuriation at watching rank awful football every week.

Or maybe they aren't so blissful, when you see their increasingly dwindling away following.

I lived near Stoke when they were promoted and knew Stoke fans who wanted Pulis out of the club before a ball was kicked and I've heard them saying the same thing many times since.

These kind of managers will always be on a knife edge, any slight drop in results will automatically lead to huge amounts of pressure, as half decent results are the only thing that allows for their whole approach to be anywhere near acceptable.

I'm not necessarily for sacking him but the problems we're seeing on the pitch absolutely reek of the sort of thing that'll be sorted if a new manager comes in and gives the players back their confidence in a passing game. I'm not saying Simpson and Williamson are going to suddenly look to pass it on the floor all the time but remember the difference in the TEAM once KK had a few months with them after Allardyce? It was such a massive difference and we're starting to look a bit like we did under Fat Sam.

I'm not necessarily for sacking him but the problems we're seeing on the pitch absolutely reek of the sort of thing that'll be sorted if a new manager comes in and gives the players back their confidence in a passing game. I'm not saying Simpson and Williamson are going to suddenly look to pass it on the floor all the time but remember the difference in the TEAM once KK had a few months with them after Allardyce? It was such a massive difference and we're starting to look a bit like we did under Fat Sam.

Once I get the feeling he can no longer motivate the players I'll be all for binning him, for now I still have hope.  I don't know why though because our players haven't looked motivated for months, at least not for a sustained period.

The winning at all costs thing means nothing in this scenario because we are getting no points with this style of play :lol:

The thing is the carpet football stuff suits the team more and will most likely get more results than this abysmal s**** we are deploying at the moment with no success.

I feel sorry for the likes of Marveaux, Cisse, Cabaye, Anita, Ben Arfa etc etc they deserve a much better brand of football than this.

This is the cruel irony.

So many English managers convince themselves that playing football is dangerous and leaves you exposed, and unable to defend.

You hear these kinds of comments all the time, when a team that plays football is struggling, like Southampton and Reading have been.

Nothing to do with the fact their defenders in particular, are nowhere near premier league level.

Instead you start hearing how they need to get the ball forward quicker and defend in numbers.

Inexplicably, this still leads to the same crap results, only with a more boring team, and even less chances of getting any wins, as the team never gets forward.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Am I the only one to think that we were playing shitty football last season too? We finished 5th cause everything went the right way, and first Ba then Cissè just couldn't stop scoring, and it looked like every ball they touched ended up in the back of the net. But the performance was very poor more often than not, with few exceptions.

It's pretty obvious that if you play like that and create only a couple of chances a game you need to convert them with something near 100% rate, and this is just not happening (while it happened last season).

We need to risk more and create more, but Pardew's never going to do that cause he still believes we are defensively solid, which is clearly a joke, and want to take advantage of that.

After a few games since he came in I've been having bad feeling about us, and despite the wins and the great season last year I can't say I didn't see this coming.

In individual games it seemed you were "edging out" opponents and not really dominating games (with some notable exceptions). However, the fact you did this on a regular basis tells me there was a clear, workable system in place which allowed your best players to flourish.

And this was exactly what I was trying to convince myself of. We are often average, sometimes really poor (especially away) but we get results, it can't be just luck.

Well apparently it was, cause now the "system" (if you can call it that) is not working, we've never been so s*** and we don't get results.

Is the point not that Pardew is persisting with a 4-4-2 when your players are not suited to that? Players are a million miles from faultless in times of struggle but it doesn't make sense insisting on sticking with a system that doesn't suit the players you have. This must be especially galling as in a different formation last year, with the same players, you excelled? It doesn't make much sense to me.

My point exactly.

I'm no professional manager but it seems clear to me that his static 442 doesn't work for us, and it should be clear to him as well by now. So why doesn't he at least try something different? How worse can it go?

By the way Rodgers at Liverpool is a bit like Pardew, a bit of a fraud, another who has created an image for himself designed on others' traits but in reality he's just some Northern Irish bloke underneath. He'll get found out, they all do.

Interesting, not sure I agree. I think Rodgers genuinely went about learning how to play a brand of football he admired and believed in.

I watch Liverpool, and they are playing far better stuff than they were under Dalglish. Suarez who many said wasn't a finisher last season, now looks even better, and is scoring more, from the better chances he is getting.

Also, youngsters are coming into the team, and are being given the freedom to play, and are performing.

He's hardly spent anything, and imo is moving the team to a better place than they were last year under Dalglish.

If you look at the two managers Rodgers is the one that deserves more time, if anything, because the football is better, and he is clearly able to get his ideas across. Also, the talent in the academy is actually being utilised now, and is clearly being developed.

What does Pardew have to show for himself?

He did spend £16m odd on Joe Allen and £10m-11m on Borini.  Sahin in as well for some extortionate loan fee, plus a few others I haven't heard of totalling around £5m at a guess.

He's spent a fucking fortune compared to what Pardew spent this season!

But yes, they are playing some decent stuff and the youngsteres are shining.

Obviously then Mick, these fans you knew are 'deluded' and 'fickle' and of course have an enormous sense of entitlement that means they expect to win da leeg every season.

That's obviously the case because they don't like a manager, it can't be for all the perfectly logical and reasonable reasons. Pisses me off this kind of judgement on other fanbases. Apart from when something is totally inexplicable, without comprehension and explanation then I'm willing to take most supporters' word for it on how their manager and team is doing. Like when everybody was up in arms about Lee Clark's sacking except for the Huddersfield fans who watch them every week, or how we hated Allardyce because he was a horrendous fun-vacuum cuntball and instead like Kevin Keegan for some inexplainable reason. I mean, it's not like he saved the club from oblivion, played the best football in the country and is basically the best manager we've had since the 60s. Bad Newcastle fans for worshipping him, bad delooded Newcarstle fans.

I had a go at the BBC Predictor yesterday. Went up to the end of Jan and we were on 20 points in 17th. We've got quite a few tricky games coming up; Wigan in particular is going to be tough. They're a good attacking side with a good manager, and there's going to be loads of pressure on us to get a result. On TV as well, of course.

Shouldn't even be discussing this IMO. He's had the squad disrupted heavily by a revolving door of injured/suspended players of late. He's hopefully realised the obvious in that our squad isn't deep enough, but he can't add to it until January, IF he's allowed to by the owner.

Guest bimpy474

Shouldn't even be discussing this IMO. He's had the squad disrupted heavily by a revolving door of injured/suspended players of late. He's hopefully realised the obvious in that our squad isn't deep enough, but he can't add to it until January, IF he's allowed to by the owner.

And his style of play and tactics that are putrid to watch, and the unaddressed and unbelievable shit that have been our set penises for the last 18 months ?

I had a go at the BBC Predictor yesterday. Went up to the end of Jan and we were on 20 points in 17th. We've got quite a few tricky games coming up; Wigan in particular is going to be tough. They're a good attacking side with a good manager, and there's going to be loads of pressure on us to get a result. On TV as well, of course.

This dude is pretty amazing at predictions fwiw.^ (see the Prediction League)

This dude is pretty amazing at predictions fwiw.^ (see the Prediction League)

DOOMED.

Absolute tosh!

Even with a depleted squad the teams we put out against Swansea, West Ham and Southampton were far superior player-for-player.  We had home advantage in two of the three games and remember, the opposition didn't scrape lucky wins, they played us off the park. 

To further strengthen my argument, take a look at the Maritimo game - we put all of our big guns out and got outplayed by a small-time Portuguese team.

Obviously then Mick, these fans you knew are 'deluded' and 'fickle' and of course have an enormous sense of entitlement that means they expect to win da leeg every season.

That's obviously the case because they don't like a manager, it can't be for all the perfectly logical and reasonable reasons. Pisses me off this kind of judgement on other fanbases. Apart from when something is totally inexplicable, without comprehension and explanation then I'm willing to take most supporters' word for it on how their manager and team is doing. Like when everybody was up in arms about Lee Clark's sacking except for the Huddersfield fans who watch them every week, or how we hated Allardyce because he was a horrendous fun-vacuum cuntball and instead like Kevin Keegan for some inexplainable reason. I mean, it's not like he saved the club from oblivion, played the best football in the country and is basically the best manager we've had since the 60s. Bad Newcastle fans for worshipping him, bad delooded Newcarstle fans.

Agreed, same goes for Blackburn fans wanting rid of a piss poor manager who very few people had a good word for yet they were given stick for wanting him out of the club.

He's just realised the squad isn't deep enough has he?

:lol: