Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This thread's gay as f*** tbh.

So there's nothing wrong with it you mean?

Exactly.

Loud and proud over here.

Not sure i understand.

I've just came out.

What's so gay about this thread then?

You.

What do i do to make this thread so gay then? Pls tell me.

Just, like, going about putting your cock in men's bums and that. Being all flamboyant and fabulous, you know?

That's how it started for me anyway.

Guest icemanblue

This thread's gay as f*** tbh.

So there's nothing wrong with it you mean?

Exactly.

Loud and proud over here.

Not sure i understand.

I've just came out.

What's so gay about this thread then?

You.

What do i do to make this thread so gay then? Pls tell me.

Just, like, going about putting your cock in men's bums and that. Being all flamboyant and fabulous, you know?

That's how it started for me anyway.

It's one of the lesser known warning signs.

Guest bimpy474

Most men are closet gay anyhoo, why do they spend so much time trying to stick in girls marmite motorways if not.

Load of perv's you lot.

Being a football player must be brilliant, we can just blame the manager for everything and the players have absolutely no responsibility for team performance.

Pardew, obviously has to take some of the blame and if the team were playing well, but were losing because of his ridiculous decisions then he would have to take the majority of it, but they're not they're playing like a bunch of f***ing clowns and that's why we're losing games. I can't think of one game where the majority of the team have played well, can you?

People always absolve the players from blame and never the manager, but the reality is it's down to both of them to a greater or lesser extent. The only debate is about the balance of blame/praise and in my view that has to come down on the side of the players, the vast majority of whom aren't playing anything like as well as they did last season and until at least some of them are it's pretty much impossible to judge Pardew's performance. People seem to think that he's telling the likes of Cisse to be offside every single time, etc, and as always people are looking for a scapegoat and the anti-Pardew bandwagon is well and truly rolling. The ironic thing is that most of the people jumping on to it are the same people who were singing his praises the most last season.

Have you been on a desert island?

We're playing 2 in the middle against 3 more often than not and because of it we're not controlling games.  We're losing possession because our 2 are being bypassed by the 3 opposition players.  Do the players decide to go with 2 in the middle?  If the answer is yes then fair enough it's the players to blame.

We hoof the ball from back to front more than any other team in the league, noises from within the club suggest that the players are being told to play that way.  Is that the fault of the players?

We've got 2 forwards who don't look to be compatible and rarely if ever have done so.  If the players are deciding to play 2 incompatible forwards then I will agree with you.

We spend 4 out of 5 days working on defence then spend another day on the forward play, if that is down to the players then yes, they are to blame.

We play 2 different teams a week when we play in Europe and surprisingly Pardew claims he doesn’t have enough time to prepare.  Is it the fault of the players that we play 2 different teams?

We concentrate on stopping the opposition and that means we have to look at each team before playing them and have little time to do so.  It would be better to concentrate on what we do rather than the opposition.  Is that the fault of the players?

Our season has been stop-start and we play as if we’re playing with 11 players who have never met, they probably only meet socially anyway because we seem to look at areas of the team in isolation.  Is that the fault of the players?

If it was 1 of 2 players playing below an expected level then I would tend to point the finger at them.  When it’s a large part of the team I tend to look in different areas for the reason.

Even if I'm wrong and the players are playing a greater part in our poor season, whose job is it to sort it out?

I will be managing people at work tomorrow just like I have every working day for years and if they fail to perform I’ll not get away with claiming that it’s down to the people who work for me.  I’ll not need telling who is responsible because I’ll know it’s me for failing to manage them. 

Football management is no different in that respect, if he can't manage the players and get the best out of the team then he shouldn't be managing.  Management is piss easy when things are going well, when the shit hits the fan you'll usually be able to seperate the good from the bad, we'll now see which of those Pardew is.

Along with HTT's earlier post, this is one of the posts of the thread.

Stoke fans are calling us fickle linking this thread on their forums, I'm sure we don't care but think it's the general perception of other fans, and kinda perpetuates the image our support has.

Cliche-tastic on there. :lol:

the fans think that they have the squad to compete for the title

Aye, if you say so.

I think the majority of the problems are down to instruction. Even if he has lost a yard; Jonas looks completely alien to what he used to do before, Cabaye hangs back looking anonymous, Ben Arfa is criminally deep and bears the entire weight of our attacking play, Defensive and conservative substitutions outweigh attacking ones and the alarming rhetoric that comes forward in the uotes mentioned by posters like Wullie. Yes, the players need to turn up and pull a finger out, busting a gut each game. I won't have it like players like Jonas, Colo, Perch, Ben Arfa, Cisse and the hungry young lads that we have, desperate to show their worth, are doing anything. Quality is of course found wanting in many areas but to have such a dire endemic approach, the likes of which we are witnessing. beggars belief without a significant proportion of the blame lying at the feet at the management.

Isn't the preparation point more that Pardew doesn't enough training ground time to prepare his players for a match against [insert European opposition] and then [insert Premiership opposition]?  It doesn't really have anything to do with personnel selected for the matches.  For Premiership matches last season Pardew would have had 6 days to prepare specific plans for the opposition.  With Europe now, that time must be potentially halved.

Isn't the preparation point more that Pardew doesn't enough training ground time to prepare his players for a match against [insert European opposition] and then [insert Premiership opposition]?  It doesn't really have anything to do with personnel selected for the matches.  For Premiership matches last season Pardew would have had 6 days to prepare specific plans for the opposition.  With Europe now, that time must be potentially halved.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with you.  He could prepare his team to play to its strengths instead of looking for an opposition weakness, then it wouldn't matter who we were playing.

Yes but why is he spending so much time worrying about the opposition? Again (always worth repeating), Carver is on record saying that we ideally spend four days working on how to stop them! So yes, that time has been reduced but it's bloody ridiculous in the first place.

Okay, it's quite obvious that there is no room for discussion here, the forum opinion has been formed and there's nothing that can be said to even make people consider an alternative view in the slightest. I personally, don't have the time, energy or inclination to fight that battle, so I'll leave you all to it. Not saying that your points aren't valid or that you're not entitled to your opinion or even that your argument isn't a good one, just that I don't think that it's in any way as clear cut as you obviously do, that's all.

Having said that, I'll now withdraw from the back end of the thread and leave you lot to enjoy it.  :hello:

Guest neesy111

If that's a big issue then it shows a huge flaw in Pardew as a manager.

Okay, it's quite obvious that there is no room for discussion here, the forum opinion has been formed and there's nothing that can be said to even make people consider an alternative view in the slightest. I personally, don't have the time, energy or inclination to fight that battle, so I'll leave you all to it. Not saying that your points aren't valid or that you're not entitled to your opinion or even that your argument isn't a good one, just that I don't think that it's in any way as clear cut as you obviously do, that's all.

Having said that, I'll now withdraw from the back end of the thread and leave you lot to enjoy it.  :hello:

???

24 pages; nearly 600 posts.

http://i.imgur.com/5iyxY.png

Not sure how opinion could be more split. Weird thing to say IMO.

Give your opinions, you might be right.

Being a football player must be brilliant, we can just blame the manager for everything and the players have absolutely no responsibility for team performance.

Pardew, obviously has to take some of the blame and if the team were playing well, but were losing because of his ridiculous decisions then he would have to take the majority of it, but they're not they're playing like a bunch of f***ing clowns and that's why we're losing games. I can't think of one game where the majority of the team have played well, can you?

People always absolve the players from blame and never the manager, but the reality is it's down to both of them to a greater or lesser extent. The only debate is about the balance of blame/praise and in my view that has to come down on the side of the players, the vast majority of whom aren't playing anything like as well as they did last season and until at least some of them are it's pretty much impossible to judge Pardew's performance. People seem to think that he's telling the likes of Cisse to be offside every single time, etc, and as always people are looking for a scapegoat and the anti-Pardew bandwagon is well and truly rolling. The ironic thing is that most of the people jumping on to it are the same people who were singing his praises the most last season.

Have you been on a desert island?

We're playing 2 in the middle against 3 more often than not and because of it we're not controlling games.  We're losing possession because our 2 are being bypassed by the 3 opposition players.  Do the players decide to go with 2 in the middle?  If the answer is yes then fair enough it's the players to blame.

We hoof the ball from back to front more than any other team in the league, noises from within the club suggest that the players are being told to play that way.  Is that the fault of the players?

We've got 2 forwards who don't look to be compatible and rarely if ever have done so.  If the players are deciding to play 2 incompatible forwards then I will agree with you.

We spend 4 out of 5 days working on defence then spend another day on the forward play, if that is down to the players then yes, they are to blame.

We play 2 different teams a week when we play in Europe and surprisingly Pardew claims he doesn’t have enough time to prepare.  Is it the fault of the players that we play 2 different teams?

We concentrate on stopping the opposition and that means we have to look at each team before playing them and have little time to do so.  It would be better to concentrate on what we do rather than the opposition.  Is that the fault of the players?

Our season has been stop-start and we play as if we’re playing with 11 players who have never met, they probably only meet socially anyway because we seem to look at areas of the team in isolation.  Is that the fault of the players?

If it was 1 of 2 players playing below an expected level then I would tend to point the finger at them.  When it’s a large part of the team I tend to look in different areas for the reason.

Even if I'm wrong and the players are playing a greater part in our poor season, whose job is it to sort it out?

I will be managing people at work tomorrow just like I have every working day for years and if they fail to perform I’ll not get away with claiming that it’s down to the people who work for me.  I’ll not need telling who is responsible because I’ll know it’s me for failing to manage them. 

Football management is no different in that respect, if he can't manage the players and get the best out of the team then he shouldn't be managing.  Management is p*ss easy when things are going well, when the s*** hits the fan you'll usually be able to seperate the good from the bad, we'll now see which of those Pardew is.

Along with HTT's earlier post, this is one of the posts of the thread.

What has changed then over a close season? He was getting the absolute maximum out of some average players last season, so that suggests to me his man management isn't to bad. Players like Perch and Ryan Taylor, they were complete no hopers before Pardew landed, and he's aided them in reviving their careers. He blended in Davide Santon very well and he's arguably to thank for the maturity Hatem Ben Arfa has shown since getting a regular game. What has suddenly happened in the space of 6 months for them to be playing so utterly crap?

If the players are that repulsed by the methods apparently being asked of them then they should say something, and work as a unit to find different solutions. Not just throw the entire blame at the manager. No one is exempt from blame.

His big players are all horribly out of form, and the good fortune has deserted them. I personally wont have that its purely down to tactics. Sometimes it's about showing balls and the majority of these players have shown zip in the last month or so. Thats how they got a lot of results last year, through sheer bloody hard work.

3 x 3 = 11

Alright. Your right, i'm wrong. I should know better than to take the alternative view on here. At the minute i'm equally annoyed by the reaction of some fans as the plight of the team.

Your view might be slightly different, that's up to you to decide where you stand.  I'm not sure why fans reactions would annoy you as much as our plight, that seems weird.

I'm seeing the team boo-ed off every game. Granted it's frustrating to watch recent non-performances, but that doesn't help one bit. I'm seeing the crowd pouring out 10 mins from the end of games while away fans ridicule us with their "time to go"  songs etc. Fickle sums it up.

f***ing hell.

That's football, it happens at other clubs when they are the s*** creek like we are now.

Fans pay good money especially in the difficult economic situation the region is still in so they are entitled to boo the team off especially if they had seen all 3 of those home games where we must have played well for about 20 mins maximum in those 3 games. 

Sounds like your the fickle one pointing finger at the fans.

I can understand the frustration. You can't blame the fans for what's happening on the pitch. All i'm saying is i'm disappointed by how some fans are reacting. As i say, i don't think booing can help a team short on confidence. Fixed my previous "3rd" of the team quote. I was a bit wound up at the time of posting.

Out of curiosity, who do those in the Pardew out camp see as a would be replacement?

I already have, they got well and truly slaughtered. Nothing more to say, really. Like I said, I can't be arsed to get involved in a row about it, so I'm stopping now.

Dissapointed man. I was just settling in for a bit of Stalingrad. ;)

Guest sicko2ndbest

???

24 pages; nearly 600 posts.

http://i.imgur.com/5iyxY.png

Not sure how opinion could be more split. Weird thing to say IMO.

Considering the polar nature of this board when things are going well/poorly I'd say that's encouraging for Pardew.

I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with you.  He could prepare his team to play to its strengths instead of looking for an opposition weakness, then it wouldn't matter who we were playing.

Don't know which of the responses to go with - I'll choose the first one..

I do think Pardew should shift the focus towards working on offensive work, but I would imagine that working on opposition weaknesses is something that every single manager does.  They may not place as much emphasis on it as we apparently do, but they will most certainly do it.

What has changed then over a close season? He was getting the absolute maximum out of some average players last season, so that suggests to me his man management isn't to bad. Players like Perch and Ryan Taylor, they were complete no hopers before Pardew landed, and he's aided them in reviving their careers. He blended in Davide Santon very well and he's arguably to thank for the maturity Hatem Ben Arfa has shown since getting a regular game. What has suddenly happened in the space of 6 months for them to be playing so utterly crap?

If the players are that repulsed by the methods apparently being asked of them then they should say something, and work as a unit to find different solutions. Not just throw the entire blame at the manager. No one is exempt from blame.

His big players are all horribly out of form, and the good fortune has deserted them. I personally wont have that its purely down to tactics. Sometimes it's about showing balls and the majority of these players have shown zip in the last month or so. Thats how they got a lot of results last year, through sheer bloody hard work.

It's a subtle thing but we might have underestimated the effect on the players of the poor transfer window and what that meant to the big picture ie their idea of what the project was. Things were quite fresh last year Cisse scoring at will Ba playing out left when needed...Hba coming into his own (one of the most gifted players in the league), Perch developing and also the momentum (with no expectations and no pressure).

I imagine for the players and this is a wild guess, their personal ambitions were on hold or set aside as they were enjoying winning games and coming close to a CL spot...Even the more direct style of play seemed to make sense and they probably imagined it would change over time (again just what I imagine was going on - could be wrong). Then wham a terrible transfer window and no proper quota of reinforcements for the next climb the next level of the mountain and worse an extra competition as well.

Think the pre-season looked  poorly organised (Pards said something like "It will help the admin get practice at booking flights)..with too much traveling and as HTT said earlier no solid blocs of preperation time or drills. With the internationla players arriving a bit tired and having even more time off. Think the whole things could have gone a lot better. Why not go to a purpose built football camp (like German teams do) where there is time and recreation and things can get honed and players can get support of all kind? For someone like Pardew who sells himself on being 'a new kind of manager all forensics and dossiers' it looked like amateur hour.

All these subtle little things can work through to the players and I firmly believe their minds weren't in the right place (and still aren't) at the start of the season. Too much backstory unresolved like cheap sci-fi. :)