Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shouldn't even be discussing this IMO. He's had the squad disrupted heavily by a revolving door of injured/suspended players of late. He's hopefully realised the obvious in that our squad isn't deep enough, but he can't add to it until January, IF he's allowed to by the owner.

Absolute tosh!

Even with a depleted squad the teams we put out against Swansea, West Ham and Southampton were far superior player-for-player.  We had home advantage in two of the three games and remember, the opposition didn't scrape lucky wins, they played us off the park. 

To further strengthen my argument, take a look at the Maritimo game - we put all of our big guns out and got outplayed by a small-time Portuguese team.

I just think calls for his head are a bit knee-jerk in the circumstances. Even the loss of Colo, HBA and Cabaye is bound to play a part. That's about a quarter of the 1st team. I don't think there's a glut of great managers who'd be prepared to take over and work under Ashleys restraints either. Let's weather the storm until we get our 1st X1 back and hopefully he's given the chance to reinforce in Jan'. A bit of stability at the club is what's needed i think.

Shouldn't even be discussing this IMO. He's had the squad disrupted heavily by a revolving door of injured/suspended players of late. He's hopefully realised the obvious in that our squad isn't deep enough, but he can't add to it until January, IF he's allowed to by the owner.

Absolute tosh!

Even with a depleted squad the teams we put out against Swansea, West Ham and Southampton were far superior player-for-player.  We had home advantage in two of the three games and remember, the opposition didn't scrape lucky wins, they played us off the park. 

To further strengthen my argument, take a look at the Maritimo game - we put all of our big guns out and got outplayed by a small-time Portuguese team.

I just think calls for his head are a bit knee-jerk in the circumstances. Even the loss of Colo, HBA and Cabaye is bound to play a part. That's a 3rd of the 1st team. I don't think there's a glut of great managers who'd be prepared to take over and work under Ashleys restraints either. Let's weather the storm until we get our 1st X1 back and hopefully he's given the chance to reinforce in Jan'. A bit of stability at the club is what's needed i think.

We have a thin squad cause Pardew didn't have the balls or the self-esteem or the honesty to fight for a bigger squad. Comprende? ;)

Absolute tosh!

I just think calls for his head are a bit knee-jerk in the circumstances. Even the loss of Colo, HBA and Cabaye is bound to play a part. That's a 3rd of the 1st team. I don't think there's a glut of great managers who'd be prepared to take over and work under Ashleys restraints either. Let's weather the storm until we get our 1st X1 back and hopefully he's given the chance to reinforce in Jan'. A bit of stability at the club is what's needed i think.

Let's hope the club are thinking like you mate.

The circumstances are that we are currently 4 points off relegation  Our current form is as bad as all but 2 teams, even the mackems do us on goal difference. 

We can't just keep doing what we're doing, the time is fast approaching where players returning will not make the slightest difference, we may have already passed that point.

Guest neesy111

Alright. Your right, i'm wrong. I should know better than to take the alternative view on here. At the minute i'm equally annoyed by the reaction of some fans as the plight of the team.

:facepalm:

Alright. Your right, i'm wrong. I should know better than to take the alternative view on here. At the minute i'm equally annoyed by the reaction of some fans as the plight of the team.

Your view might be slightly different, that's up to you to decide where you stand.  I'm not sure why fans reactions would annoy you as much as our plight, that seems weird.

Absolute tosh!

I just think calls for his head are a bit knee-jerk in the circumstances. Even the loss of Colo, HBA and Cabaye is bound to play a part. I don't think there's a glut of great managers who'd be prepared to take over and work under Ashleys restraints either. Let's weather the storm until we get our 1st X1 back and hopefully he's given the chance to reinforce in Jan'.

The calls for his head are due to the fact that there are no signs of light at the end of the tunnel. There has been very little, if anything positive to take from our last 4 games and much of the season before.  If we were losing but playing well then fair enough, we'd be confident of turning a corner at some point.

I personally hope he turns it around but I've lost all faith and confidence in him.  To turn a top 5 team playing winning football in a winning formation into a shit, static long-ball lumping team who don't look like winning at all, in the space of 5 months takes a very special brand of terrible football management.

And as if that wasn't bad enough he's turned one of the most potent strikers in the league into a hapless poor-man's Carlton Cole in the same time period.

We cannot score from set pieces and we do not have the mental strength to win games after going behind.

It's not looking good at all.

Your view might be slightly different, that's up to you to decide where you stand.  I'm not sure why fans reactions would annoy you as much as our plight, that seems weird.

I'm seeing the team boo-ed off every game. Granted it's frustrating to watch recent non-performances, but that doesn't help one bit. I'm seeing the crowd pouring out 10 mins from the end of games while away fans ridicule us with their "time to go"  songs etc. Fickle sums it up.

What we need most at this stage as a club is stability. Unless we are able to attract a proven manager of real calibre to take over this gig, we can't afford to keep making changes. Pardew is allowed a blip in results. Any manager is. I am as concerned, as everyone else here is, that he simply doesn't see the problems, or has no clue as to how to go about solving them. But we all know it takes a combination of factors to get things right again (in the same way that it has taken a combination of factors for things to go wrong).

To me he never looked like he knew what he was doing up until we saw the team performance away at West Brom last season. He caught my attention with the home win against Man U, but I only started to see him as a potential "real deal" after that run that started at The Hawthorns.

I'm in two minds. Part of me doesn't believe he's as good as we hoped. The other doesn't want to rock an already rocking ship.

Nothing in life happens because of a single reason. There are always permutations and end results. At the moment it seems that everything is going against us, some things are his fault, some aren't. They say you become stronger and wiser when the going gets tough. Let's hope that we come out of this together as a club, owner, manager, players and fans.

I'm seeing the team boo-ed off every game. Granted it's frustrating to watch recent non-performances, but that doesn't help one bit. I'm seeing the crowd pouring out 10 mins from the end of games while away fans ridicule us with their "time to go"  songs etc. Fickle sums it up.

I can't stand the booing and negativity during the match so I can understand your feelings on that.  And the late arrivals, early pissing off at half time, late back after half time and early pissing off again at the end, the daft thing is that it's usually the same people.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Fucking hell.

That's football, it happens at other clubs when they are the shit creek like we are now.

Fans pay good money especially in the difficult economic situation the region is still in so they are entitled to boo the team off especially if they had seen all 3 of those home games where we must have played well for about 20 mins maximum in those 3 games. 

Sounds like your the fickle one pointing finger at the fans.

I don't think there's a distinct correlation between the type of player somebody was and the type of manager they become, tbh.

Same here but I do believe a correlation can be made between what kind of character they are and their abilities/ideas or lack of. KK for example was an extrovert,a  real charmer, a very positive forward thinking person and that's how his side played. Bobby was a bubbly positive person as well, full of adventure and excitable. Dalglish on the other hand was dour and that's how his sides played. Pardew is a bit false if you ask me, he's a working class bloke in an Armani suit with Hugo Boss glasses, a cosmopolitan wife and a dossier for every team and player. He has created an image for himself and speaks a good game, but when that image is exposed, well, he's just a working class bloke underneath it all. We play like his character. We are just a workmanlike team basically.

I run my own business and whenever I employ someone I always look at their character first and what kind of person they are. We have one kid working for us, he's a lazy so and so but he's a very funny kid and very likeable, he makes others tick. Give me him over a harder working kid who has nowt about him. You can tell a lot about a manager from their character and just what kind of managers they are or will be.

That's a very astute post HTT.

Yes I agree, generally the  more outgoing, flamboyant the manager, the more attractive football his team will play, and vice versa. See Howard Wilkinson, George Graham etc.

Absolute tosh!

We have a thin squad cause Pardew didn't have the balls or the self-esteem or the honesty to fight for a bigger squad. Comprende? ;)

Bullshit. What can he possibly do to get Ashley and Llambias to spend more money? Threaten to walk? Doubt that would work. It patently obvious Pardew and Carr suggest names then the rest is completely out of their hands.

You can blame Pardew for the performances yes, but to blame him for our failings in the transfer market is plain wrong imo.

I wonder if it's actually in Pardew's interests to have the squad he has. i bet he's on a percentage of sales - purchases.

I bet he isn't.

That was an interesting debate.

Redknapp was so what make you think Pard's isn't?

I'm currently in the still supporting him camp, think he's bought time with last season's over-achievement and the injuries are a significant factor IMO.

Can see where people are coming from on the "doesn't seem to be learning" front though - if he starts Ba and Cisse up front in a flat 4-4-2 Wednesday night I think I might cry a little bit.

i've always had this sneaky snake feeling about him, not genuine somehow, feels false in a way. One you would meet the the first time and he seems like a great bloke at first, but as the time goes you get that vibe he can't be trusted.

Or like in an movie where one guy knows one person is evil and the others refuse to believe him cause they all like him and believe he's as good as they get.    :lol:  :lol:

i've always had this sneaky snake feeling about him, not genuine somehow, feels false in a way. One you would meet the the first time and he seems like a great bloke at first, but as the time goes you get that vibe he can't be trusted.

Or like in an movie where one guy knows one person is evil and the others refuse to believe him cause they all like him and believe he's as good as they get.    :lol:  :lol:

Yup. He's extremely ineloquent in interviews as well. English isn't my first language, and even I can spot the grammatical mistakes he makes when talking to the press ffs. Maybe it's trivial but it always ground on my nuts and made me wary of him.