Pardew Out?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking at the fixtures, if he doesn't get a win from his next 3 games his position must be in real jeopardy.

Only 2 winnable games until next year imo. I worry for us more than Pardew at present.

don't think any of us is worried for Pardew, 8 years on the contract £££, win win situation for him .

Not at all, the point is that he has had recent success and is now getting hammered because of a bad spell.

Bad spell i can deal with, bullshit statements and complete contradiction of himself, and the putrid football, i bloody well cant and wont put up with.

He needs to stop blaming everything and look at his tactics which are woeful, yet he ploughs on with them regardless.

Set Penises........explain them to me......18 months and he has done nothing about them at all.

I'm not saying I can explain everything, or that he doesn't deserve criticism. I'm just saying that a lot of stuff that has happened this season (not just to us) has shown me just how extremely short-termist a lot of fans can be.

Obviously we should be discussing what he can/should do better, but it shouldn't be in the context of sacking him IMO.

I get the short term kneejerk stuff but thats not why i've had my fill of Pardew.

It was his Radio Newcastle interview and the "you need to control the midfield" and "we will be doing something about our set pieces".

Both of those have turned out to be utter bullshit, and everything he has tried to do with the team, system, formation, tactics have been the complete opposite of what he spewed out.

I'm worried as he seems intent on not changing from what isn't working. That and telling us we didn't play 4-4-2 against Swansea as if we are thick as pig s***. I mean after playing and watching football for the last 35 years i know nothing of a formation or tactic.

Mind you i'm supposed to grateful according to Pardew, aren't i ?

Thing is, if he played this "system" because he believed in it, he would have come out and said so by now. He would have been brave enough to ask the fans to be patient and trust that this "system" will bear fruit eventually.

There's no "system" to speak of though, and even commentators have struggled lately to figure out what it is we're trying to do. There isn't any part of what we do, that we actually do well. If we were coming out with 0-0 draws all over the place, one would think "Well at least we defend pretty well". Alternatively it's not like we're creating bucketloads of chances that we simply can't finish. There is the absolute sum of ZERO about our play at the moment, and this is the most worrying thing.

This is something I have been meaning to ask those who actually go and see NUFC;  Can they identify something that he is actually trying to achieve??  I haven't heard one comment which tells me there is something he is attempting to get the team playing, despite the poor performances.

Speculation is that there will be a lot of clauses in his 8 year contract. Perhaps one of those clauses could be he is on thin ice if the team loses four league games on the trot? Just a thought.  One thing I reckon Ashley and Dekka are doing now is looking around for alternatives.

With the blinkers they will be wearing and the criteria they will use, I think you'll find that their choices will be somewhat limted - probably to Championship hopefuls.....

Judging on the types of managers we've had so far under Ashley and the way in which he works.  I really don't see who we'll get that's any better? 

We won't get a decent foreign name and I'm not even sure we'll get a decent manager from the Championship.  We won't pay decent compo to get a good manager's service, we won't offer good wages or a big transfer kitty, we won't.....  See where this is going?

Also, if we sack the 'manager of the year', who has just got us back into Europe via a 5th place finish.  What is that going to look like to prosepctive targets?

Basically, I'm at a point where I'm not really arsed if he stays or goes.  I personally don't have faith that he will turn it around.  But at the same time, I'm not convinced whatever chump we get in to replace him will do much better either.

Feel pretty 'MEH' about the whole thing TBH.  :undecided:

Judging on the types of managers we've had so far under Ashley and the way in which he works.  I really don't see who we'll get that's any better? 

We won't get a decent foreign name and I'm not even sure we'll get a decent manager from the Championship.  We won't pay decent compo to get a good manager's service, we won't offer good wages or a big transfer kitty, we won't.....  See where this is going?

Also, if we sack the 'manager of the year', who has just got us back into Europe via a 5th place finish.  What is that going to look like to prosepctive targets?

Basically, I'm at a point where I'm not really arsed if he stays or goes.  I personally don't have faith that he will turn it around.  But at the same time, I'm not convinced whatever chump we get in to replace him will do much better either.

Feel pretty 'MEH' about the whole thing TBH.  :undecided:

I imagine they'd get on with Holloway.

I guarantee he would do a much better job with the players we have.

I think they're mate Poyet would too.

There will be an approipriate manager out there. Up to them to commit to finding one who can work with the types of players they're bringin in.

I really don't think it's as impossible as some think.

I mean the one we have is completely blowing it at the moment anyway!

To be honest we're buggered whoever is running the show unless we get some players in. We overachieved last season and for that we owe Pardew some benefit of the doubt. I admit that runs out every time he plays formations and tactics which don't suit our 'big guns'. But when you've got the likes of Williamson, Simpson, Sammy, Ferguson on the pitch you have to accept that these are not top drawer players. I think talk of 'Pardew out' is premature but I am very worried. Last time we were in major trouble come christmas we weakened rather than strengthened and paid the price.

I attribute some of our problems to poor tactics but I also think it is hard to motivate player who know they are head and shoulders above those sitting on the bench. I hope Pardew can work a miracle but doubt he can, and I see nothing but a struggle ahead, whether he stays or is replaced. Unless we strengthen in January.

To be honest we're buggered whoever is running the show unless we get some players in. We overachieved last season and for that we owe Pardew some benefit of the doubt. I admit that runs out every time he plays formations and tactics which don't suit our 'big guns'. But when you've got the likes of Williamson, Simpson, Sammy, Ferguson on the pitch you have to accept that these are not top drawer players. I think talk of 'Pardew out' is premature but I am very worried. Last time we were in major trouble come christmas we weakened rather than strengthened and paid the price.

I attribute some of our problems to poor tactics but I also think it is hard to motivate player who know they are head and shoulders above those sitting on the bench. I hope Pardew can work a miracle but doubt he can, and I see nothing but a struggle ahead, whether he stays or is replaced. Unless we strengthen in January.

Pards shouldn't you be concentrating on fine tuning those ground breaking set pieces we'll be using tonight?

Pards shouldn't you be concentrating on finetuning those ground breaking set pieces we'll be using tonight?

:lol:

Nobody has a chance with anything vaguely positive at the minute.

Guest bimpy474

While i agree with a lot od what you say.

West Brom : Ridgewell, McAuley, Jones, El Ghanassy.

Aston Villa  : The whole squad basically.

Fulham      : Baird, Kelly, Sidwell, Richardson.

Norwich      : Martin, Howson, Tettey, Pilkington.

Wigan        : Caldwell, Watson, Boyce, Beausejour.

All unfashionable players on a par with ours imo, yet all those teams play decent football, with movement and pace.

There is no reason for us to play the way we do unless its Pardew's preferred style.

Guest icemanblue

Pards shouldn't you be concentrating on finetuning those ground breaking set pieces we'll be using tonight?

Is this what it felt like when you were defending Ashley, Ian? :lol:

This place has gone to utter shit.

This place has gone to utter s***.

Why do you have to defend anyone?  Why not just discuss what you think is best for NUFC and forget about 'taking sides'?

This place has gone to utter shit.

Nah, I haven't got suicidal thoughts yet even.

I'm coming of the back of a couple of months forum break as well, that helped. Think I'll take another one if we lose to Stoke.

Guest neesy111

As I've said, if people constantly don't like the theme / attitude of whats being discussed on the board then they really shouldn't i.e. posting in it, if they are only going to moan on about it as Inochi is doing.

As I've said, if people constantly don't like the theme / attitude of whats being discussed on the board then they really shouldn't i.e. posting in it, if they are only going to moan on about it as Inochi is doing.

Sure, but you also need some people with a different point of view to make it worthwhile.

FWIW you're basically right, that's why I stopped coming on here for a couple of months.

Guest bimpy474

Everybody's point of view is valid isn't it ?, whether you agree with it or not.

If i dont like something i dont comment on it, this is a place to debate not ridicule people for having a different opinion to your own.

Sometimes people are just bullies and arrogant, funny feckers like.

Because you say so, Inochi? :lol:

Well, erm, yes? I don't understand how else it could possibly be said?!

Your talking like your opinion should be the only opinion. Well, loads on here is very negative atm. Rightfully that is. It's not gone to the shits just because you disagree.

Guest icemanblue

Because you say so, Inochi? :lol:

Well, erm, yes? I don't understand how else it could possibly be said?!

Your talking like your opinion should be the only opinion. Well, loads on here is very negative atm. Rightfully that is. It's not gone to the shits just because you disagree.

Sorry. I didn't realise I'd said so much, and talked for so many, in one of my own sentences.

Guest neesy111

Sure, but you also need some people with a different point of view to make it worthwhile.

FWIW you're basically right, that's why I stopped coming on here for a couple of months.

Totally agree.

I think the reason why the place is so downbeat is because of the season as a whole and not just the performances/results from the last 4 games.  The performances before that were a big concern any case, not magnified against because of the results against 4 teams we should be beating and seeing nothing in those 4 games that we can go forward with.

Totally agree.

I think the reason why the place is so downbeat is because of the season as a whole and not just the performances/results from the last 4 games.  The performances before that were a big concern any case, not magnified against because of the results against 4 teams we should be beating and seeing nothing in those 4 games that we can go forward with.

Aye, I totally understand why it's downbeat, I'm far from happy myself.

I'm not ready to think about Pardew's job yet though. I'm hoping he can turn it round, and I know Ashley probably won't sack him anyway.

Guest neesy111

Totally agree.

Aye, I totally understand why it's downbeat, I'm far from happy myself.

I'm not ready to think about Pardew's job yet though. I'm hoping he can turn it round, and I know Ashley probably won't sack him anyway.

That's probably the most certain thing from the whole situation.  Though in true NUFC fashion we'll probably sack Pardew right at the end of the transfer window.

Guest bimpy474

I dont want him to leave. I think he will be good again once his manager of the year ego leaves. When ever he leaves though I really want us to go to a continental manager.

Martinez or Laudrup for me like.