Stoke City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Just about to start on FSC. Should I even watch this s***?

No. It's more infuriating than the Bills and the co-commentator was so far up Stoke's arse he might as well have been in the dugout with the rest of Pulis' detestable cretins.

Is there a worst Center half than Williamson in the Premiership? I can't think of one.  I'd rather Shola played at CB at least he'd win a header.

Anton Ferdinand might give him a run for his money

Dean Ashton pulling a shopping trolley would give him a run for his money.

We play worse football then Stoke at the moment! An absolute joke we are at the moment. Pardew has got to go. I can't think of a team who passes a ball worse then us, and there is no movement from any player. the tempo og our game is way to slow. Every goal kick, free kick and throw inn take a fucking age.

I realise people are pissed off, but lets not get silly.  Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.

Ermmm...

Did I say we didn't hit any aimless balls?, we did, just less than Stoke.  Even their throws were all launched into the area.

That's how Stoke play though, it's what they are good at. It's why everyone hates playing against them, as long as you're just one goal ahead it doesn't matter how well you play or how well you contain them, they are always just a launch away from an equaliser.

Did we play a bit better than the last few games or am I just desperately looking for a postive?

yes we did despite what a load of kneejerkers on here will tell you.

Pretty much everyone has acknowledged that. Still lost.

deserved at least a point thought we were pretty comfortable for 80 mins then the one player you think you can rely on, Colo goes walkabout and we lose 2 goals.  Dragged out into no mans land instead on being in position in line with the post and no idea where he was for the 2nd when Jerome just ran off him to get onto Jones's knockdown.  (i might change my opinion after watching MOTD as only seen it on a stream that wasn't brillant)

Gutted at the minute as really thought we would hold on to an unlikely win although in saying that you can't miss one on ones and expect to win,  i would expect strikers of Ba and Cisses quality to both score when running clear and into the box with only keeper to beat, especially as the defenders were never going to catch them.

We play worse football then Stoke at the moment! An absolute joke we are at the moment. Pardew has got to go. I can't think of a team who passes a ball worse then us, and there is no movement from any player. the tempo og our game is way to slow. Every goal kick, free kick and throw inn take a f***ing age.

I realise people are p*ssed off, but lets not get silly.  We certainly didn't play good Football, but Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.  Our shocking defending rewarded them for it though :(

It was us who were hoofing the ball at every given oppertunity. to our luck, Cisse and Ba got 2 of our 3 good chances from a hoofball. I'ts just so frustrating to watch 90 min. of anti football and lose every week. When we lost to swansea, I wasn't as frustrated, because, at least we tried to play a passing game. That loss wasn't as hard to take, because the performance wasn't as shit.

We play worse football then Stoke at the moment! An absolute joke we are at the moment. Pardew has got to go. I can't think of a team who passes a ball worse then us, and there is no movement from any player. the tempo og our game is way to slow. Every goal kick, free kick and throw inn take a fucking age.

I realise people are pissed off, but lets not get silly.  Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.

Ermmm...

Did I say we didn't hit any aimless balls?, we did, just less than Stoke.  Even their throws were all launched into the area.

That's how Stoke play though, it's what they are good at. It's why everyone hates playing against them, as long as you're just one goal ahead it doesn't matter how well you play or how well you contain them, they are always just a launch away from an equaliser.

I know, I only disagreed with someone who said that we play worse Football than Stoke at the moment.

Must admit, I have preached patience, but I have none left and frankly fed up with the directionless crap we are producing.

Remember - we have been losing to the bread and butter teams. NOT the quality.

Got to keep in mind that we were 10mins from everyone being pretty delighted with the result and us sitting in 11th right now. The performance was okay up to that point too.

Doesn't change the fact that we're still losing games, but it's certainly a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Worrying thing is if any confidence we built up evaporated at the end.

We play worse football then Stoke at the moment! An absolute joke we are at the moment. Pardew has got to go. I can't think of a team who passes a ball worse then us, and there is no movement from any player. the tempo og our game is way to slow. Every goal kick, free kick and throw inn take a f***ing age.

I realise people are p*ssed off, but lets not get silly.  We certainly didn't play good Football, but Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.  Our shocking defending rewarded them for it though :(

It was us who were hoofing the ball at every given oppertunity. to our luck, Cisse and Ba got 2 of our 3 good chances from a hoofball. I'ts just so frustrating to watch 90 min. of anti football and lose every week. When we lost to swansea, I wasn't as frustrated, because, at least we tried to play a passing game. That loss wasn't as hard to take, because the performance wasn't as shit.

I'm not going to repeat myself, all I'll say is you must be completely ignoring the other team when you watch our games and only focusing your eyes when we get a decent chance.

Got to keep in mind that we were 10mins from everyone being pretty delighted with the result and us sitting in 11th right now. The performance was okay up to that point too.

Doesn't change the fact that we're still losing games, but it's certainly a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Worrying thing is if any confidence we built up evaporated at the end.

The players need to forget about the result and remember that we played well for 75 to 80 minutes.

:thup: although it doesn't excuse an embarrassing last 10 minutes filled with poor play. Confidence evaporated when they equalised, they didn't have to work that hard for the goals or anything.

Guest bimpy474

For all the talk of formation, tactics, etc. there was a definite improvement from a few individuals tonight as well which will bode well hopefully. Namely Anita, Tiote & Cisse.

4-3-3 was why we were better imo. Better in central midfield.

For all the talk of formation, tactics, etc. there was a definite improvement from a few individuals tonight as well which will bode well hopefully. Namely Anita, Tiote & Cisse.

Do you not think the improvement had anything to do with the formation because I do.

Tiote? he was god awful constantly gave the ball away one of which led to the first goal, f*cking lliability these days.

I know, I only disagreed with someone who said that we play worse Football than Stoke at the moment.

Actually we are playing as bad as we did when we went down.

And thats worrying.

November has been a nightmare. I hope to God December is an improvement. (Can it be worse ?)

And we NEVER do well in December.

Was utterly predictable we would crumble as soon as they scored. Both Colo and Williamson should be ashamed of their defending for the goals, especially with people like Anita running their balls off for the team. Didn't matter how it came we needed to stop the rot tonight and get some points but now it may have done more harm than good.

Players won't know what to think now if we can't even beat the one team that play worse football than us.

improvement from tiote? his passing was diabolical. cost us the win tbh, shocking ball to give the ball away for their first. did it time and time again. almost a quality ping for sammy at the end

Even if the performance was in the right direction, it was against Stoke. There still needs to be a huge leap forward in performance to get anything from any of the better teams.

We don't have the squad available or the Manager to acheive it at present. The January window is our only real hope or change of manager of course.  Just hope we're not cut loose by then.