Stoke City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

We had one chance the whole match and we scored it.

Always good to get your first sentence completely wrong :thup:

Fine, we had about 2 other shots in the second half. Whoopdie doo!

Middle of 2nd half stats showed them having 2 on target and us having 5.

We play worse football then Stoke at the moment! An absolute joke we are at the moment. Pardew has got to go. I can't think of a team who passes a ball worse then us, and there is no movement from any player. the tempo og our game is way to slow. Every goal kick, free kick and throw inn take a fucking age.

I realise people are pissed off, but lets not get silly.  We certainly didn't play good Football, but Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.  Our shocking defending rewarded them for it though :(

Threw my headphones across the room at FT, pretty sure they caught my lass in the face. Says a lot about her that she didn't kick-off about it. Anyway I'm fucking fuming, we played pretty well for most of it and then fucking collapsed against the most despicable of teams. Wake me up when its May.

We play worse football then Stoke at the moment! An absolute joke we are at the moment. Pardew has got to go. I can't think of a team who passes a ball worse then us, and there is no movement from any player. the tempo og our game is way to slow. Every goal kick, free kick and throw inn take a fucking age.

I realise people are pissed off, but lets not get silly.  Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.

Ermmm...

Guest Wally_McFool

Is there a worst Center half than Williamson in the Premiership? I can't think of one.  I'd rather Shola played at CB at least he'd win a header.

This useless cunt is rapidly catching up with Graham Oates and Glenn Keeley as being  the worst central defender ever to play for Newcastle.

Guest firetotheworks

Did we play a bit better than the last few games or am I just desperately looking for a postive?

Nah we did, but still nowhere near good enough.

Gutted, we didn't deserve to come away with nothing tonight.  They hardly created anything until we shot ourselves in the foot.  I thought Cisse and Anita played really well and can’t understand why those two were brought off.  For the first time in weeks we were competitive in midfield which I think we all expected when we put a 3rd central midfielder in that area of the pitch.  Cisse scored from one of the few genuine chances he’s had all season and has shown that he’ll get goals if we create chances.

Guest ItalianMagpie

This is painful.

Even when you're playing like shit, when half your squad is out and the other half is underperforming, when everything that could go wrong goes wrong...you still pick a random win every now and then. If you don't, that's relegation stuff.

Kenwyne Jones shouldn't have even been on the pitch to set up the second like. Dirty fucking Mackem cunt elbowed Perch square in the face and didn't even get as much as a warning from Webb.

Did we play a bit better than the last few games or am I just desperately looking for a postive?

We did, we wouldn't have lost the three games before tonight if we'd put as much effort in as we have against Stoke, I just hope the players realise that and take something from the game.

Is there a worst Center half than Williamson in the Premiership? I can't think of one.  I'd rather Shola played at CB at least he'd win a header.

This useless c*** is rapidly catching up with Graham Oates and Glenn Keeley as being  the worst central defender ever to play for Newcastle.

:jesuswept:

I realise people are pissed off, but lets not get silly.  Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.

Ermmm...

Did I say we didn't hit any aimless balls?, we did, just less than Stoke.  Even their throws were all launched into the area.

Anyway I'm off, think I'll come back when people calm down and gain some perspective.