Stoke City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 28/11/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

I know, I only disagreed with someone who said that we play worse Football than Stoke at the moment.

Actually we are playing as bad as we did when we went down.

And thats worrying.

Over the last few games, especially West Ham and Southampton I'd agree, nowt to do with my post though.  Stoke play worse Football than us when we got relegated, its just far more effective.  Again I'm not complaining, just disagreeing with the assertion that they play better Football in general.

Guest bimpy474

improvement from tiote? his passing was diabolical. cost us the win tbh, shocking ball to give the ball away for their first. did it time and time again.

:thup: i'm not seeing no improvement at all he looks as crap as he has been all season.

And its his own fault, he has always been a player who needs run of games, gets so many suspensions he just doesn't get those games.

improvement from tiote? his passing was diabolical. cost us the win tbh, shocking ball to give the ball away for their first. did it time and time again. almost a quality ping for sammy at the end

Sadly thats still and improvement from the last two games, even trying to pass on the ground and getting some of them right vs every touch being up in the air.

Just glad I'm off for the next 6 days so I can drink myself into oblivion.  Think I'll start now, I'm off.

Guest bimpy474

simpson had an awful touch towards the end that just went out of play. he could have had a little touch that gave colo (?) a chance to move forward and get the ball in the box

Yep, in keeping with his usual shitness.

Got to keep in mind that we were 10mins from everyone being pretty delighted with the result and us sitting in 11th right now. The performance was okay up to that point too.

Doesn't change the fact that we're still losing games, but it's certainly a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Worrying thing is if any confidence we built up evaporated at the end.

:thup: although it doesn't excuse an embarrassing last 10 minutes filled with poor play. Confidence evaporated when they equalised, they didn't have to work that hard for the goals or anything.

Do you not think our legs had gone by then though, we worked bloody hard tonight after having played Thursday and again on sunday?

improvement from tiote? his passing was diabolical. cost us the win tbh, shocking ball to give the ball away for their first. did it time and time again. almost a quality ping for sammy at the end

The give away for the goal was terrible but his back pass that was harder than most peoples shots aimed right at Kruls chest was equally as bad. He was very poor tonight.

Guest bimpy474

Krul played 31 long balls tonight. :lol:

Amazing when you aiming them at Huth and Shawcross, might as well have just kicked them straight out.  :undecided:

We play worse football then Stoke at the moment! An absolute joke we are at the moment. Pardew has got to go. I can't think of a team who passes a ball worse then us, and there is no movement from any player. the tempo og our game is way to slow. Every goal kick, free kick and throw inn take a f***ing age.

I realise people are p*ssed off, but lets not get silly.  We certainly didn't play good Football, but Stoke spent the entire second half launching the ball aimlessly into the area at every single opportunity, even from throws.  Our shocking defending rewarded them for it though :(

It was us who were hoofing the ball at every given oppertunity. to our luck, Cisse and Ba got 2 of our 3 good chances from a hoofball. I'ts just so frustrating to watch 90 min. of anti football and lose every week. When we lost to swansea, I wasn't as frustrated, because, at least we tried to play a passing game. That loss wasn't as hard to take, because the performance wasn't as s***.

I'm not going to repeat myself, all I'll say is you must be completely ignoring the other team when you watch our games and only focusing your eyes when we get a decent chance.

I'm not saying that Stoke were brilliant, wich is the worringing part. Maybe my expectations are a bit to high, but I was hoping that we could at least string 5 passes together with out losing the ball. If we were playing against man utd I would have been okay with our performance, because I wouldn't expect us to see alot of the ball, but not against stoke.

But todays performance has been better then against west ham and Southampton. We did work hard, and I think Santon, collo, Anita and Santon all had a decent game.

Got to keep in mind that we were 10mins from everyone being pretty delighted with the result and us sitting in 11th right now. The performance was okay up to that point too.

Doesn't change the fact that we're still losing games, but it's certainly a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Worrying thing is if any confidence we built up evaporated at the end.

:thup: although it doesn't excuse an embarrassing last 10 minutes filled with poor play. Confidence evaporated when they equalised, they didn't have to work that hard for the goals or anything.

Do you not think our legs had gone by then though, we worked bloody hard tonight after having played Thursday and again on sunday?

A bit yes and it should have been addressed but Colo didn't play on Sunday so it's no excuse, the others to a degree I can accept it but still we shouldn't have been caught so open at that stage of the game x2.

Given the amount backpasses fired back at him I'm not surprised, not a lot you can do some times despite all the will in the world.

Guest firetotheworks

Amazing when you aiming them at Huth and Shawcross, might as well have just kicked them straight out.  :undecided:

He does do a fair bit of the time like.

Guest bimpy474

He did on a few occaisons! :lol:

Aye i noticed that, and kicked quite a few to where none of our players were.

There are only 2 explanations for the Krull long ball thing, he's doing it cos he's nervy passing out, which not sure holds too much water even if his distribution isn't his strong point, or Pardew just doesn't trust our backline in possession. Colo and Santon for me are fine, the other two liabilities so can see half why, but odd.

I absolutely hate the way when we retrieve possession from a corner or committed attack, Krul (which he is obviously instructed to do) waits until the opposition are all back in position along with us, and then he knocks it long and we lose it (again). I appreciate the fact that this can be good to calm things down and take the sting out of the game, but with players like Jonas, Cisse, Ba and Santon, why don't we focus on trying to hit teams on the break???! Get wide, push out immediately. It's all so negative.

Doing this played right into Stokes hands. We allowed them to set up and swallow up the long ball. Pardew's a buffoon, man.

Guest icemanblue

Proper sickener, that. More so after an improved display. Anita and Cisse looked like different players tonight. Hopefully they can carry that level of performance into the Wigan game, because we'll need it. I just hope that hasn't knocked the team's confidence completely.