Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

Ray Wilkins having a fucking mare on SS here.

"Oh they'll miss Tiote, Cisse and Ba due to the ACoN in January". Mackem host "Cisse and Ba aren't going Ray", Wilkins "Oh well that's great news for Noocarstle then".

Literally, seconds later:

RW "Citeh will miss Yaya Toure when he goes to the ACoN, I mean they just capitulated last year without him".

Host "Thanks Ray. Though we should just clarify that Citeh won 4 out of the 5 games he missed last year".

Aye, too true. Also pointed the finger at Williamson for not marking Garcia well enough for the second. It was Perch, like, but they do look very similar. Meanwhile, Williamson was covering Y Toure at the far post I think. Or possibly Scholes, it's so confusing. Invoice for my expert word to follow.

In possession, our best performance in ages. Unfortunately the defending was utterly abysmal, with the same players letting us down over and over again. That Simpson short corner had to be seen to be believed.

Fair comment.

In possession, our best performance in ages. Unfortunately the defending was utterly abysmal, with the same players letting us down over and over again. That Simpson short corner had to be seen to be believed.

Get your wallet out you fat fucking cunt.

Some defensive investment (lol) and we'll be ok as long as we can keep up this level of performance more often.

Guest bimpy474

"Oh they'll miss Tiote, Cisse and Ba due to the ACoN in January". Mackem host "Cisse and Ba aren't going Ray", Wilkins "Oh well that's great news for Noocarstle then".

RW "Citeh will miss Yaya Toure when he goes to the ACoN, I mean they just capitulated last year without him".

Host "Thanks Ray. Though we should just clarify that Citeh won 4 out of the 5 games he missed last year".

Aye, too true. Also pointed the finger at Williamson for not marking Garcia well enough for the second. It was Perch, like, but they do look very similar. Meanwhile, Williamson was covering Y Toure at the far post I think. Or possibly Scholes, it's so confusing. Invoice for my expert word to follow.

Garcia was Colo's man at the corners.

Garcia was Colo's man at the corners.

I didn't mean he'd picked the right culprit, just that he'd misidentified the man he was talking about. :)

I still feel very encouraged by that. Have faith in us turning it around now, I think the players showed graft and commitment today. That's been missing so far this season. Combined with the insight that we need to play it on the ground more, we'll hopefully be fine.

One of out best performances of the season for me (the second half anyway). Quite a few encouraging signs, namely the passing and the movement. It was such a spirited performance and one which we probably didn't deserve to lose. Defensive errors galore mind. All in all, this loss hasn't put me in a foul mood (compared to our other losses this season anyway) so that's a somewhat decent sign in itself.

We have to build on today and transfer it to the QPR game next Saturday. Nervous/positive signs ahead...

Guest Craig-NUFC

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho

Northumbria Police believed to be investigating a complaint about Man City's Alexander Kolarov. Dispute with some fans about Albanian flag.

Guest Howaythetoon

We played really well at times and caused them plenty of problems. We actually mixed our play very well throughout. We conceded sloppy goals and got beat but that was very encouraging from a performance perspective.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho

Northumbria Police believed to be investigating a complaint about Man City's Alexander Kolarov. Dispute with some fans about Albanian flag.

http://static.wetpaint.me/xfac/ROOT/photos/300_250/britney--3906357561701926450.jpg

Plenty of positives to take out of that. On another day we'd have beaten them but they took their chances and that's what happens when your team is worth £500 million.

Williams' best game in a while too and Anita continues to get/look better. Krul not smashing it long makes all the difference.

City fan in the pub today: "It should have been 10, it should have been 10, you lucky bastards, it should have been 10."

Granted that on another day, City could have beaten us by 4 goals if they had took their chances but had to bite my tongue, was getting quite wound up.

Plenty of positives to take out of that. On another day we'd have beaten them but they took their chances and that's what happens when your team is worth £500 million.

Williams' best game in a while too and Anita continues to get/look better. Krul not smashing it long makes all the difference.

They could have had 4 or 5 in the first half, on another day we could have been slaughtered before the break.  We played some decent stuff in the 2nd half but I felt that they were happy to sit back at 2-0 and said that they would score once we got it back to 1 goal.  Man City have good players but they didn't look that good as a team until they had to do something and then they ripped through us.

Can't help but laugh at the bolded bit. They missed a fucking hatful.

City fan in the pub today: "It should have been 10, it should have been 10, you lucky bastards, it should have been 10."

Granted that on another day, City could have beaten us by 4 goals if they had took their chances but had to bite my tongue, was getting quite wound up.

That song's about the time they beat Man U 6-1

Has owt been said about them chucking a flare into our fans in the Leazes? f***ing scummy c***s.

Was it a flare?  I thought it was a bag of blue powder or something.  I noticed that the police numbers in with the Man City fans were a lot higher after that than before.

Not a very pleasant story to tell, and I'm copying and pasting from earlier. I apologise in advance for the language used, but it is an accurate portrayal.

Lost today, as expected. City fans were twats, some of them, flares thrown into the lower tiers, and I'm not talking trousers.

These things bothered me very little. What bothered me were at least two alleged Newcastle fans, ones I've heard a lot of shit from before.

"You black cunt"

"fuck off back home Yaya"

and

"Fuck off back to Africa"

I probably should have gone straight to report this, but being a daft twat thought I'd confront him. The details are sketchy at this point, but I wasn't injured, merely threatened to have my head kicked in.

I may talk tough sometimes, but I'll admit I was fucking terrified. I'm sure I've been more scared, but not very often.

Not very long story shortened, I wasn't going back to those seats under any circumstances, there's a bunch of them. I was all for going home, but security/stewards got us a couple of seats at pitch level in the Leazes.

They played much better second half and I really didn't give a toss. I don't know the outcome re:the racism, but I know at least one person confirmed the things I heard, and frankly I'm guessing dozens more did.

This is the 21st Century. What is wrong with people?

Didn't know where to post this, apologies if I've done it wrong. I'm ashamed that I've heard some of this shit before and done nothing but get annoyed. I was also daft not to take it straight to security. This is not who we are, or shouldn't be.

Can't help but laugh at the bolded bit. They missed a f***ing hatful.

We had more shots.

Can't help but laugh at the bolded bit. They missed a f***ing hatful.

We had more shots.

Alreet Pards.

Not a very pleasant story to tell, and I'm copying and pasting from earlier. I apologise in advance for the language used, but it is an accurate portrayal.

Lost today, as expected. City fans were twats, some of them, flares thrown into the lower tiers, and I'm not talking trousers.

These things bothered me very little. What bothered me were at least two alleged Newcastle fans, ones I've heard a lot of shit from before.

"You black cunt"

"fuck off back home Yaya"

and

"Fuck off back to Africa"

I probably should have gone straight to report this, but being a daft twat thought I'd confront him. The details are sketchy at this point, but I wasn't injured, merely threatened to have my head kicked in.

I may talk tough sometimes, but I'll admit I was fucking terrified. I'm sure I've been more scared, but not very often.

Not very long story shortened, I wasn't going back to those seats under any circumstances, there's a bunch of them. I was all for going home, but security/stewards got us a couple of seats at pitch level in the Leazes.

They played much better second half and I really didn't give a toss. I don't know the outcome re:the racism, but I know at least one person confirmed the things I heard, and frankly I'm guessing dozens more did.

This is the 21st Century. What is wrong with people?

Didn't know where to post this, apologies if I've done it wrong. I'm ashamed that I've heard some of this shit before and done nothing but get annoyed. I was also daft not to take it straight to security. This is not who we are, or shouldn't be.

Might be worth putting it into the racism thread. It doesn't surprise me at all as our own club has it's fair share of troglodytes as well, in particular from our very own match goers. Some of the ignorance shown when you're at away games is pathetic too.