Newcastle Utd 1 - 3 Man City - 15/12/12 - post-match reaction from page 32

Beren

This match could and should have been over as a contest after 35 minutes.

They sat back, waited for the initial gust of wind(I won't say 'hurricane..!)to blow itself out and then picked us off like Man U did. Nasri absolutely tortured us down the right and frankly, it was a delight to see the quick passing, tight control and constant movement off the ball by their forwards and m/f when they came forward at us....reminded me of how we used to play under KK and how the fortunes of the 2 clubs have changed since we beat them in the FA Cup under SBR nearly 10 years ago.

We have lost to them in 6 PL matches and Pardew has never out-witted Mancini.

We only really began to have a go at them with any conviction once Nasri went off because they lost a fair bit of forward guile and movement after that. Even then, they should have been out of sight by HT and the goal we pulled back through Ba being first to Colo's return punt into the area bore no comparison to the ones they crafted after tearing us to shreds.

The difference in investment between the 2 sides was obvious, but even worse was the way they set about playing football as opposed to our pedestrian efforts ...only Anita could say that he had a case for getting into their squad, let alone the first team, because he at least tried to play passing constructive football. Aguero and Tevez put Ba and Cisse to shame with their speed of thought and contol..neither is a big guy but they caused our defence far more problems than our statuesque pair up front did to theirs.

The worrying thing about all this is that City are not generally playing as well as last season but even allowing for that, they had far too much for us. Cabaye, Saylor and HBA in the side might have made it closer, but we would still have lost - they were NEVER in danger of losing and we never really looked like getting an equalizer.

We have fallen a long way as a club over the past 10 years and this match just highlighted that fact....we have better attendances than City as a rule, but their fans won't care about that. At the moment their future looks assured whereas ours will look very tricky indeed if we fail to beat QPR next week. Football has a habit of surpising people, but as a general rule, you end up in the league position the club deserves....the fans, of course, are excluded from that.

The next 3 weeks promise to be VERY interesting......

We have fallen a long way as a club over the past 10 years and this match just highlighted that fact....we have better attendances than City as a rule, but their fans won't care about that. At the moment their future looks assured whereas ours will look very tricky indeed if we fail to beat QPR next week. Football has a habit of surpising people, but as a general rule, you end up in the league position the club deserves....the fans, of course, are excluded from that.

You say this like they haven't spent over a £1 billion in the last few years. Them beating us today means nothing in the bigger picture as they've cheated while we've tried to do it the right way. Of course, with this being football, cheaters always prosper but we gave them a good game today which few expected.

You say this like they haven't spent over a £1 billion in the last few years. Them beating us today means nothing in the bigger picture as they've cheated while we've tried to do it the right way. Of course, with this being football, cheaters always prosper but we gave them a good game today which few expected.

Absolutely. I refuse to give those twats any credit for any of their "achievements" and would hate it if my club became a similar abomination.

Absolutely. I refuse to give those twats any credit for any of their "achievements" and would hate it if my club became a similar abomination.

As romantic as that last paragraph is, you're never going to achieve anything significant in this country without an artificial cash injection.

For that reason, I'd love for the same to happen to us. I'd fucking love us to win the league.

Did you actually read all my post ? I actually stated that the match illustrated the change in fortunes between the 2 clubs over the past 10 years....that also includes their takeover and subsequent investment.

And just how do you justify the statement that NUFC are doing it 'the right way' whilst they are cheating ? Did you think KK and SJH were cheating when we were outspending Man U and Arsenal in the mid-90s ? I bet you felt like chucking your ST when we paid a record fee for Shearer...!

I hope you feel vindicated then, if we don't spend a fortune on players in order to stay up next month...

I'm surprised at Ronaldo's reaction to this one, City had undeniably taken their foot off the pedal after their second goal and were just looking to counter, but that makes it all the more impressive that we managed to create chances. We usually really struggle against defensively minded teams, not least one of the toughest in the league.

I think there are plenty of positives to take from yesterday and I hope Pards keeps on doing what he's been doing tactically.

On another note I think we should start looking into the allocation of tickets we give both the Manchester clubs. Both are by far the worst offenders for throwing things down onto the home fans below and it's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured by one of these idiots. Apparently a woman in the Leazes End was hit by that flare thrown by the Man City fan yesterday. Give them both 1,800 tickets like what we get at their place from next season. It won't eradicate the problem but having 1,200 less of the cowards up there won't do any harm either.

Coming a bit late to the party here - did you guys pick up on these comments on the BBC Saturday football page:

From Dean in Newcastle, via text: "No fan quite knows the emotional rollercoaster quite like a Newcastle fan!"

Closely followed by:

Chris Lord on Twitter: "Erm.. Dean? I'm sure us Arsenal fans know it probably more."

I'm not one to miss an opportunity to abuse an Arse fan. What a beautiful encapsulation of the twattiness of the modern Gooner. I hope you gave him some stick.

Coming a bit late to the party here - did you guys pick up on these comments on the BBC Saturday football page:

From Dean in Newcastle, via text: "No fan quite knows the emotional rollercoaster quite like a Newcastle fan!"

Closely followed by:

Chris Lord on Twitter: "Erm.. Dean? I'm sure us Arsenal fans know it probably more."

I'm not one to miss an opportunity to abuse an Arse fan. What a beautiful encapsulation of the twattiness of the modern Gooner. I hope you gave him some stick.

To be fair there is the emotional rollercoaster of having to sell your house to buy a ticket there

Closely followed by:

:kinnear:

On another note I think we should start looking into the allocation of tickets we give both the Manchester clubs. Both are by far the worst offenders for throwing things down onto the home fans below and it's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured by one of these idiots. Apparently a woman in the Leazes End was hit by that flare thrown by the Man City fan yesterday. Give them both 1,800 tickets like what we get at their place from next season. It won't eradicate the problem but having 1,200 less of the cowards up there won't do any harm either.

:thup: Pack of cunts, both sets of fans.

Guest neesy111

Much better performance attacking wise but we can't defend like we have in the last 2 games or we will go down as we are not capable of scoring 2 or 3 every game.

Both fullbacks were absolute garbage.

Guest hobshobs

Man City are a freak show like. taking the p*ss out of the fair play rules.  and thier players are a bunch of f***ing windging premadonas. they believe they should not be challenged, or have free kicks against thier fowls. despicable bunch of absolute wankers.  toure rolling a dozen times from a tackle the big girls blouse.

Aye but they can take us apart with football on the deck.

yep- when the ref wont allow us to stop them. theres a technical word for the officials today.

bastardclueless

"yep- when the ref wont allow us to stop them."

Could you explain what that means.

Also for future reference "bastardclueless" is actually two words.

Guest bimpy474

Man City are a freak show like. taking the p*ss out of the fair play rules.  and thier players are a bunch of f***ing windging premadonas. they believe they should not be challenged, or have free kicks against thier fowls. despicable bunch of absolute wankers.  toure rolling a dozen times from a tackle the big girls blouse.

Aye but they can take us apart with football on the deck.

yep- when the ref wont allow us to stop them. theres a technical word for the officials today.

bastardclueless

"yep- when the ref wont allow us to stop them."

Could you explain what that means.

Also for future reference "bastardclueless" is actually two words.

Bet you play scrabble properly.

:lol:

Did you actually read all my post ? I actually stated that the match illustrated the change in fortunes between the 2 clubs over the past 10 years....that also includes their takeover and subsequent investment.

And just how do you justify the statement that NUFC are doing it 'the right way' whilst they are cheating ? Did you think KK and SJH were cheating when we were outspending Man U and Arsenal in the mid-90s ? I bet you felt like chucking your ST when we paid a record fee for Shearer...!

I hope you feel vindicated then, if we don't spend a fortune on players in order to stay up next month...

I can't find accurate, up to date numbers for Man City's total spend since the takeover but Milner's signing 2 and a half years ago took it past £1 billion. That's in no way comparable to what we did. Not even slightly.

It's also in no way comparable to whatever we'll spend in the next window as we've actually earned it, you know, doing it the right way?

Guest palnese

Did our goal count as a goal from a set penis?

[/quote

Think I read something on here about Opta putting it down as a goal from a set penis.

Never in a million years for me, mind.

Guest bimpy474

Did our goal count as a goal from a set penis?

They said that on Sky as the game was being played, total bullshit if it is. It was cleared and Colo hoyed it back in, how the hell can be classed as a set penis. Far too much foreplay like.

I can't find accurate, up to date numbers for Man City's total spend since the takeover but Milner's signing 2 and a half years ago took it past £1 billion. That's in no way comparable to what we did. Not even slightly.

It's also in no way comparable to whatever we'll spend in the next window as we've actually earned it, you know, doing it the right way?

You are forgetting that transfer fees have rocketed since the 90s - Shearer's 15m was a WORLD RECORD fee at the time...I think you'll find that the new record fee is more than double that. In the 1995 close season we spent 6m on Ferdinand, 4m on Barton and around 3 on Ginola that I can think of....can you see Ashley spending nearly 30m on improving the side, because that would be the modern equivalent ?

The game has changed and only big money can win the prizes....if you think that is wrong ask Fergie because he has just spent 24m on a 29 year old.

You are living in dreamland mate - there IS no 'right way'... in any walk of life if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

They've spent probably close to £2 billion in total and that's in no way comparable to anything we've ever done, inflation or no inflation. We weren't the only team in for Shearer either, we just got him.

We finished 5th last year and were 1 game away from being in the CL so the paying peanuts thing is obviously nonsense. We dropped the ball last Summer and Pardew is an idiot but we could have progress further this season with a few more peanuts spent, as most of us were saying at the time.

(The RVP thing :lol: )

They've spent probably close to £2 billion in total and that's in no way comparable to anything we've ever done, inflation or no inflation. We weren't the only team in for Shearer either, we just got him.

We finished 5th last year and were 1 game away from being in the CL so the paying peanuts thing is obviously nonsense. We dropped the ball last Summer and Pardew is an idiot but we could have progress further this season with a few more peanuts spent, as most of us were saying at the time.

(The RVP thing :lol: )

Dropped the ball ? We never even picked it up...

We are never going to agree - my final comment on this - for now - is to direct you to Alan Shearer's comments in his Sun column ; somehow, I don't think he's in your camp..!