Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty fkn sure they've got our Taylors mixed up.

Ryan to replace Remy in the Championship on their wing.

Ryan is out for the season, I can't see them wanting him.

Makes about as much sense as offloading Steven for fuck all and having Williamson as sole backup. ;)

Pretty fkn sure they've got our Taylors mixed up.

Ryan to replace Remy in the Championship on their wing.

Ryan is out for the season, I can't see them wanting him.

Maybe for £800k, and we could use his wages on Remy. Not that farfetched imo

Not for me.

thanks but no thanks.

Too many risks involved here for us to get bitten on the arse by.

A decent player no doubt, fits and ticks a few boxes for us even though he seems a bit bankrupt in the honesty and integrity stakes. Given his royal fucking over of us in Jan.

The small matter of a rape allegation hanging over him seals it for me.

Innocent till proven guilty I know but.......

If we spunk all our money and hopes on this guy and he ends up banged up what then?? Were left up shit creek, out of a transfer window with what? Shola again??

OK I'm sure we would recover money etc, have a clause added etc but from a team point of view we would be right in the clarts.

There has to be an alternative in world football who isn't potentially facing a seriously long jail term, surely :lol:

Why risk it??

I doubt we would go near him unless we got legal assurances of how likely it is he will be guilty or not guilty.

We won't go into this with the possibility of him being guilty, the likelihood of him being not guilty would have be heavily stacked against the guilty likelihood.

Or perhaps i'm overestimating the intelligence of the board :lol:

I doubt we would go near him unless we got legal assurances of how likely it is he will be guilty or not guilty.

We won't go into this with the possibility of him being guilty, the likelihood of him being not guilty would have be heavily stacked against the guilty likelihood.

Or perhaps i'm overestimating the intelligence of the board :lol:

I cant see how we would know though?

cant see the "Excuse me Mr CPS we are NUFC and we need to plan our strategy for next season, what's the heads up on Loic here then" working.  :lol:

just seems a big gamble. unless we ask him of course.

Seems an honest and upright lad.. :lol:

I'd like to think it's the type of thing that Ashley will get advice on, doesn't part with money on players too easily.

If we're trying to do a deal I'd say he's almost definitely going to get off.

Maybe el Porko just fancies playing with QPR. Be amazed if the first bid meets the release clause. Little NUFC directors/owners love more than brinkmanship for the sake of it.

The fact that NUFC now have to target a player who has already rejected them for a club now relegated and who faces a serious criminal charge which could side-line him for a couple of seasons shows how far the club has fallen.

Just accepting the scraps now - the player is just using the club as a lifeboat.

The fact that NUFC now have to target a player who has already rejected them for a club now relegated and who faces a serious criminal charge which could side-line him for a couple of seasons shows how far the club has fallen.

Just accepting the scraps now - the player is just using the club as a lifeboat.

That or it shows how highly they rate the player that they still want to pursue him.

If this is true, I can only think it's a mixture of missing out on all our other targets, combined with Ashley's love of a gamble.

I'm not bothered what happened in January. We've hijacked other club's transfers in the past, and Remy had a can't-lose opportunity at QPR. It's the possible criminal trial that's the worry.

I'm not worried about Taylor either. I don't see him as better than Williamson, but we will need some cover if he goes, in the event of injuries.

Should try for a loan deal with mandatory purchase agreement if he is proven innocent.

All depends on which other clubs having a serious interest in him.

There should be no problem in paying more for Remy now than in January because he's proved himself in the league.

I think Remy and agents will know the money they got in January won't be matched by anyone, and if he'd joined us in January he wouldn't be getting a payrise 6 months in. You'd imagine what we offered in January is similar to the likes of Ben Arfa and Cabaye so don't think it's unreasonable to offer the same again.

I can't imagine our lot being too impressed with his behaviour and choice in January tbh. If we go back for him I imagine we'd lowball him massively as a result.