Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As long as that rape case hangs over him, a fair few clubs who are actually willing to spend good money will look elsewhere and avoid Remy.

With our current total desperation for a forward and a reluctance to fork out it's not surprise we're favourites to get him. The loan deal is a double bonus for Ashley if it's accepted as they will not doubt cut it short if found guilty and he's not spending any fee's, at least not yet.

If QPR are mad enough to agree to a deal where they continue to pay part of the player's wages and risk losing him for the relatively low release clause fee apparently in his contract if he is cleared from the rape charges and does well enough for the other club, surely there would be other Premiership clubs interested in that kind of deal? Still can't see us getting him on this basis, although I'm surprised QPR haaven't told us to do one yet...

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 19h

I predict 4 more players will leave Qpr. 2 more will leave on Loan next week as we want to keep them for future. But more to go. Lets see.

Still in talks and it's July 29th. It's the same thing that bugs me with the Gomis haggling. Surely it's something you do far earlier than this.

Maybe I am being naive, but I really don't get why these "smaller" transfers take so long. I can fully understand the huge transfers turning into a saga as there is so much to think about but the ones for Gomis and Remy take so long. We are led to believe that we scout our players well and that these targets have been on the agenda for a while. So I don't understand that a few weeks after the season has ended talk do not begin then. Surely this would benefit the buying and selling club as well as the players. Obviously negotiations can be niggly at times but it's not as if this is the unions sorting out strikes etc. So frustrating. Maybe I am missing something I do not know.

Just sign someone FFS...

Really hope we sign this guy, more-so than Gomis - he's the one with bags of pace and brings goals to the team.

Yeah seems the better option for us. As I said earlier not overly bothered by the fact he turned us down in January, the biggest question mark is what he has been accused of and will that come back to bite us on the ass?

Still in talks and it's July 29th. It's the same thing that bugs me with the Gomis haggling. Surely it's something you do far earlier than this.

Maybe I am being naive, but I really don't get why these "smaller" transfers take so long. I can fully understand the huge transfers turning into a saga as there is so much to think about but the ones for Gomis and Remy take so long. We are led to believe that we scout our players well and that these targets have been on the agenda for a while. So I don't understand that a few weeks after the season has ended talk do not begin then. Surely this would benefit the buying and selling club as well as the players. Obviously negotiations can be niggly at times but it's not as if this is the unions sorting out strikes etc. So frustrating. Maybe I am missing something I do not know.

Just sign someone FFS...

Easy to fathom really. We have a lazy attitude to player recruitment, almost as if it's a chore. Can anyone really see Ashley hell bent on getting anyone in a soon as possible?

Quite a few of our fans still seem to think that Joe Kinnear is actually a Director of Football. That's not why he was brought here.

As Toons Taylor (I think?) mentioned earlier, getting Remy in would probably strengthen our hand in the Gomis negotiations.

Until we go till January with what we've got and then he gets sent down.

If we got Remy first then I could easily see us gambling with him, Cisse & Gouffran until January and either signing him cheap a la Sissoko in January or even wait until next summer if we're not in relegation trouble.

That's what I think will happen. I'm not sure if we would still be in for Remy if the Gomis bid had been accepted, it would be nice to think so. I just think if Lyon are looking for more than £7m we'll just wait and pick him up in January or the summer if we can tie up the Remy loan.

Is it safe to assume this could happen seeing as our bid went public and QPR didn't slap it down saying something like "there's no way he's going on loan" or anything like that.