Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pay QPR what they want (more) when the player has an active release clause of 8m? Doesn't make much sense there.

Arsenal getting Sanchez pretty much for sure now.

Yeah, Sanchez's imminent transfer has dashed Remy's Arsenal hopes if any.

Interesting ... it's not impossible that he ends up back with us, I don't think.

Arsenal were the main obstacle, and seems they've opted for Sanchez.

Spurs link, I'm not sure was ever accurate. They've still got Adebayor and Soldado upfront, and so many attacking midfielders/wingers to play wide.

Would be pretty cool if we ended up getting him afterall. Maybe he hasn't ended up having as many options as he thought he would, as far as Champions League clubs go.

If it's right that he wants to stay in the capital then he might just stick with QPR, which is fine by me. He's a good striker for us but unless he really wants to be here, then I'd rather we moved on.

I still maintain I'd have him back playing for us instantly if we could secure that. Strange that we'd be able "pay whatever it takes" to get him here, seems completely false based on history.

The only way he'll come to us is if we promise him a big money move based on performances, he's a mercenary that wants to play in the Champions League, the only pull we potentially have is money, that we won't spend.

I still maintain I'd have him back playing for us instantly if we could secure that. Strange that we'd be able "pay whatever it takes" to get him here, seems completely false based on history.

It's interesting isn't it. I think it's due to the fact he's actually come in and shown that he can perform for us. I think that helps convince someone like MA.

Just sounds like we're being used by QPR to push the price up on Arsenal.

clause ain't it? Maybe QPR trying to hurry Arsenal along because Redknapps getting itchy feet transfer wise and needs the cash in before he can spend more.

Guest bimpy474

Has the fact the clause is still active been confirmed anywhere?

If he played or us Arry would have let us know what it was.

don't see any way he'll come back here like, we're pissing up the wrong drainpipe there...almost necessarily putting our attention in the wrong place if you will

I hope you're not trying to suggest that we're using this Remy link to play for time until the inevitable 'couldn't get him over the line, no time to look at other targets' piece?!?

For what it's worth if there was any chance of it happening I think we should be looking to break the bank/burn the pay structure to get this lad in quickly. A striker who has proven he can score goals in this team with these tactics is worth his weight in gold and then some Imo.