Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He looks to have good movement, and is versatile in being good in the air and on the ground.

Only worry is that he looks almost 100% right footed, and I was hoping we would go for someone to play on the left of a 433. Still, will definitely strengthen the squad.

Balance on the wings.

:yao:

Doesn't one of the Ayews play on their left? Great player, by the way.

He looks to have good movement, and is versatile in being good in the air and on the ground.

Only worry is that he looks almost 100% right footed, and I was hoping we would go for someone to play on the left of a 433. Still, will definitely strengthen the squad.

I really don't think a player being right-footed would stop Pardew playing him on the left :laugh:

I think it's really important we get someone on the right actually. We've missed attacking balance for what feels like (and maybe is) years. Enrique, Gutierrez (of old), Santon have done well for us down the left recently.

On the right, HBA has been doing a solo act - but isn't an out and out wideman - especially with his tendency to cut inside on his left. Obertan is rubbish in the Premiership and Barton couldn't exactly maraud. Then there's Simpson. Despite his creditable efforts recently, he isn't the cutting edge we need.

Maybe Remy will allow HBA to go to the left/centre of a front 3/4.

4-3-3:

Cabaye    Tiote    Anita

Remy    Ba/Cisse    HBA

4-2-3-1:

Anita      Tiote

Remy      HBA      Cabaye

Ba/Cisse

Although both of those would require movement and a style of play we seem light years away from discovering!

People never learn. We've been down this road with this board many times  before and ended up a fruitless chase . Someone usually moves the goalposts or it is all bollocks in the first place. And then we get the "we did all we could to get these deals over the line " rhetoric.

Don't hold your breath folks.

To be frank, signing somebody like Remy pretty much means one of your current two (I imagine Ba) is leaving. You don't sign somebody of his stature for a rotation role.

I'm quite amazed at how indifferent I'd be to Ba's departure. Such a wonderful talented player who's goalscoring record speaks for itself but I do wonder whether he is part of the reason we aren't functioning as well as we should.

I'd still rather keep him mind.....

People never learn. We've been down this road with this board many times  before and ended up a fruitless chase . Someone usually moves the goalposts or it is all bollocks in the first place. And then we get the "we did all we could to get these deals over the line " rhetoric.

Also we've sometimes made some signings. Wow, draw your own conclusions.

Guest firetotheworks

I think we're forgetting that Ba can play football as well, but Pardew still has us lump it up to him (tbf, this has stopped a bit since we've went 433)

It's more the people writing down formations with Remy in them tbh. And how many of the transfers that we've made have been plastered over the media before we've signed them ?

glad I already pissed on my own chips.

It's more the people writing down formations with Remy in them tbh. And how many of the transfers that we've made have been plastered over the media before we've signed them ?

I think you're right in a way - but posting possible formations isn't an OTT reaction, it's just hope/debate. Fans need hope - especially Newcastle fans. :razz:

Also, that last sentence is very bad science.

Guest neesy111

:jesuswept:

1 fucking player.  How about the CB you said we needed fucking 12 months ago........  The RB we wanted in the summer.......  The striker to replace Leon Best........

Guest Roger Kint

I'm more interested in page 48, as no doubt what Pards says about transfers is usually a lie.

No when its bad news he speaks the truth, anything hopeful is the lie

I'd rather just wait and see what actually happens.

Ahh, the alright on the night brigade is back from the summer.....

Well it seems a bit idiotic to criticise something that hasn't happened. Also, we all know that most quotes and rumours about transfers end up being wrong. I doubt Pardew is going to reveal exact transfer deals to the Chronicle.

I'm saying we're going to sign 'enough' players, we probably won't.