Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep Ba and get this guy, quality. Lose Ba then who knows.

Keep Ba and it leaves Cissé where?

Good question, who knows if Remy would settle in straight away though that's what I'm thinking about. Sell our top scorer and buy this guy when we are going to be deep in a relegation fight? I have only seen Remy play once I think so I know nothing about him, from the sounds of things he is top class but it often takes french players a while to settle in this league. We need a strong squad right now for this season.

Guest Roger Kint

Didnt Pardew remove Obertan from the Europa squad list a few days before the Bordeaux game? Remember thinking at the time his toe injury must be much worse than expected but a bit of straw clutching makes it fit in with this story  :lol:

It would be just like us to ignore defenders this window and sign him instead, not very confident of either though tbh

Guest ItalianMagpie

Didnt Pardew remove Obertan from the Europa squad list a few days before the Bordeaux game? Remember thinking at the time his toe injury must be much worse than expected but a bit of straw clutching makes it fit in with this story  :lol:

It would be just like us to ignore defenders this window and sign him instead, not very confident of either though tbh

If this deal is really worth 10 millions and Ba's not going Ashley won't spend 1 more penny in January.

Guest neesy111

If this deal is really worth 10 millions and Ba's not going Ashley won't spend 1 more penny in January.

He might be forced to.

If he thinks next season's TV money windfall could be in jeopardy then I think he might.  Add to that the fact that our reported targets are on expiring contracts and so could be bought on the cheap and I think he'd go for it.

Guest Brazilianbob

Lets not forget that the club is limited in its buying potential by the financial fair play rules, so we cant just tell Ashley to stick his hand in his pocket.

Lets not forget that the club is limited in its buying potential by the financial fair play rules, so we cant just tell Ashley to stick his hand in his pocket.

I don't think that's an issue for us tbh.  We're allowed £45m losses over the next 3(?) years and we're currently breaking even with an extra £30m a season to come starting next season. 

Ashley the gambler has no problem whatsoever buying at any price, as long as the odds are heavily stacked in favour of a profitable resale if that becomes necessary.

There will however be no purchases which don't fit that model.

Guest ItalianMagpie

If he thinks next season's TV money windfall could be in jeopardy then I think he might.  Add to that the fact that our reported targets are on expiring contracts and so could be bought on the cheap and I think he'd go for it.

Yes but so far he showed no flexibility whatsoever, either it is how he thinks it should be or he will never go for it.

I don't know, when we got relegated he didn't do so much in January either...

Guest neesy111

He's quick as well isn't he? Something we desperately need in our side is a bit more pace.

Not that I am getting my hopes up of course.

Yes, he's quick and has good movement on him, plus a good header.

That will be good for our hit and hope tactic when it returns.

He looks to have good movement, and is versatile in being good in the air and on the ground.

Only worry is that he looks almost 100% right footed, and I was hoping we would go for someone to play on the left of a 433. Still, will definitely strengthen the squad.

Guest neesy111

He looks to have good movement, and is versatile in being good in the air and on the ground.

Only worry is that he looks almost 100% right footed, and I was hoping we would go for someone to play on the left of a 433. Still, will definitely strengthen the squad.

Balance on the wings.

:yao: