Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've said I don't think there's not much to read into Pardew's comments on stuff, but FWIW:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/demba-bas-future-in-his-own-hands-says-newcastle-boss-alan-pardew-8427664.html

[Pardew] dismissed suggestions that Ajax's Jody Lukoki might be among them, but confirmed that Marseille frontman Loic Remy could well be.

He said: "That's a situation we are looking at."

Guest malandro

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93317.msg4089964.html#msg4089964

Newcastle are far from happy with the Senegal international, who made his comments on French television, and Pardew will discuss with managing director Derek Llambias what action to take.

Ba also criticised the team’s tactics and, as the interview was not sanctioned by the club’s press department, he is in breach of contract and could be fined two weeks wages, about £90,000.

Just seen Pardew say that he's got no problem with the interview on French TV and that no disciplinary action will be taken or needed.

So aye, Edwards is a s***-stirring w***** as I said.

Couldn't disagree but I don't trust anything Pardew or the club says either. The whole Ba thing is a boring tardy mess.

The problem on the transfer horizon is our clear desperation pushing up the asking price of any player we go for. That and the increased wages needed to attract good foreign players to a struggling desperate club in the 'frozen north'... I can't see MA biting the bullet and paying inflated transfer fees / wages.

Don't think it's any coincidence that Ba's comments have come at a time when we've been linked with Remy. We're trying to haggle a deal out by most accounts and this is both sides just posturing. Ba is reminding us that he could easily go to a bigger and better club for a relative pittance and we're linked immediately with someone who could replace him.

Hopefully this is already what you class as a 'done' deal and it just waiting to be announced. If we signed him and kept Ba I'd be ecstatic, yet if we signed him and lost Ba we still may end up better as a team as this might allow Cisse to play centrally again whilst him and Ben Arfa are both allowed to roam around him. Either situation sounds good to me at the moment.

Plus this might also mean we're moving forward as a club and that weren't not left in the lurch like we were with Carroll, if there's any hit that a player is moving on let's bring his replacement in first. Then that can either show ambition to other players that we mean business and the other player might also re-consider their decision, or if not we don't have an unhappy player on our books and we've already got a replacement in.