Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Confidence issues and injuries.

Now I am a massive Ba fan so am a little biased but that really doesn't fill me with confidence if he is replacing Ba.

Signing Remy and keeping Ba then I am as happy as this Larry people keep going on about.

Guest sicko2ndbest

sicko2ndbest's told you to change the thread title man, Dave.  Fix up, look sharp and that.

Oh I've missed your banter Inter

Merry xmas

You're still rubbish, you haven't improved, not even marginally.

Best wishes for 2013.

Noooooo.....Inter........I can't possibly enjoy Xmas after that critique

If Demba goes we'd need to sign another (not that we will) i would go for another like Remy who can play wide and centrally, would give us great options up front/wide.

But hopefully we'll get one in at least, no matter what happens with Ba.

Guest bimpy474

"Without a doubt, one of Remy’s major strengths is his aerial power"

Hmmm wonder what Pardew is thinking :lol:

Ah but if you read on ...

"...and when he has a well-established partnership with someone who can cross..."

so that's us screwed!

Oh ffs  :lol:

Here's the article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-agree-10m-loic-remy-1498940

Toon Rem-edy: Newcastle agree £10m Remy deal.. as Ba prepares to leave

20 Dec 2012 22:30

Marseille striker is poised to move in January after club beat off interest from West Ham, Tottenham and QPR

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has agreed a £10m deal for Loic Remy - paving the way for Demba Ba to leave next month.

Marseille striker Remy, 25, is poised to move in January in a deal which could involve Sylvain Marveaux going the other way.

It will be a major coup for Pardew and Newcastle as they have beaten off interest from West Ham, QPR and Tottenham to get Remy.

Marseille have decided to cash in this January rather than allow France international Remy to run down his contract as he was valued at £20m last summer when Spurs enquired.

But Newcastle have moved in because they are set to lose Ba who has a £7m contract buy-out clause, with Arsenal among the interested clubs.

Newcastle have moved to renegotiate Ba’s contract and remove the buy-out but with no success so the stand-off has pushed them into bracing themselves to lose him in January.

But there is also a deeper underlying problem in the strike force which Pardew believes his January merry-go-round could solve.

Ba was outspoken again this week in an outburst about style of play and his teammates, which is understood to have upset some of the squad.

Ba and his Senegalese international team mate Papiss Cisse have struggled to play together this season and that breakdown is a major factor in recent disappointing results.

Cisse was a sensation when he arrived last season with 13 goals, including the Goal of the Season in a victory at Chelsea.

But even Match of the Day pundit and Newcastle legend Alan Shearer has highlighted the fact that they do not appear to be passing to each other.

Even though they play together for club and country, the partnership has not worked. Ba played wide for much of last season while he has switched inside this term only for Cisse’s goals to dry up.

Pardew now faces having to sell Ba because of his contract but Remy coming in provides the perfect solution.

Pardew hopes Remy will give Newcastle a much needed lift as his pace and goals have made him one of Europe’s most sought after strikers.

sicko2ndbest's told you to change the thread title man, Dave.  Fix up, look sharp and that.

Oh I've missed your banter Inter

Merry xmas

You're still rubbish, you haven't improved, not even marginally.

Best wishes for 2013.

:lol:

On a serious note, would be impressed if we pulled this one off, drooling at the prospect of Remy on the left and Barfa on the right! Sick to the back teeth of the Ba saga, holding the club to ransom on his wages, bitching and moaning when he doesn't get to play down the middle or, heaven forbid, gets left on the bench!!!?!?!? Remy, Cisse, Ben Arfa would be enough to put the shitters up any team.

Hopefully this is already what you class as a 'done' deal and it just waiting to be announced. If we signed him and kept Ba I'd be ecstatic, yet if we signed him and lost Ba we still may end up better as a team as this might allow Cisse to play centrally again whilst him and Ben Arfa are both allowed to roam around him. Either situation sounds good to me at the moment.

Plus this might also mean we're moving forward as a club and that weren't not left in the lurch like we were with Carroll, if there's any hit that a player is moving on let's bring his replacement in first. Then that can either show ambition to other players that we mean business and the other player might also re-consider their decision, or if not we don't have an unhappy player on our books and we've already got a replacement in.

I agree, only thing that worries me is it might take him a while to settle and lets say it takes a month for Cisse to get back to good form, where's our goals coming from?(if Ba goes I mean)

Hopefully this is already what you class as a 'done' deal and it just waiting to be announced. If we signed him and kept Ba I'd be ecstatic, yet if we signed him and lost Ba we still may end up better as a team as this might allow Cisse to play centrally again whilst him and Ben Arfa are both allowed to roam around him. Either situation sounds good to me at the moment.

Plus this might also mean we're moving forward as a club and that weren't not left in the lurch like we were with Carroll, if there's any hit that a player is moving on let's bring his replacement in first. Then that can either show ambition to other players that we mean business and the other player might also re-consider their decision, or if not we don't have an unhappy player on our books and we've already got a replacement in.

Agree entirely. You think this will ease the way for more 433 tho?

I agree, only thing that worries me is it might take him a while to settle and lets say it takes a month for Cisse to get back to good form, where's our goals coming from?(if Ba goes I mean)

It's a risk we'll have to take. If we don't change things, we're heading south.

Same place as the second half of last season ?

Demba Ba is an excellent player and goalscorer but we all know that something in the chemistry of the team is just not right. It won't have been lost on the people upstairs has probably been the Carr's remit in the last few months to remedy it.

Here's the article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-agree-10m-loic-remy-1498940

Toon Rem-edy: Newcastle agree £10m Remy deal.. as Ba prepares to leave

20 Dec 2012 22:30

Marseille striker is poised to move in January after club beat off interest from West Ham, Tottenham and QPR

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has agreed a £10m deal for Loic Remy - paving the way for Demba Ba to leave next month.

Marseille striker Remy, 25, is poised to move in January in a deal which could involve Sylvain Marveaux going the other way.

It will be a major coup for Pardew and Newcastle as they have beaten off interest from West Ham, QPR and Tottenham to get Remy.

Marseille have decided to cash in this January rather than allow France international Remy to run down his contract as he was valued at £20m last summer when Spurs enquired.

But Newcastle have moved in because they are set to lose Ba who has a £7m contract buy-out clause, with Arsenal among the interested clubs.

Newcastle have moved to renegotiate Ba’s contract and remove the buy-out but with no success so the stand-off has pushed them into bracing themselves to lose him in January.

But there is also a deeper underlying problem in the strike force which Pardew believes his January merry-go-round could solve.

Ba was outspoken again this week in an outburst about style of play and his teammates, which is understood to have upset some of the squad.

Ba and his Senegalese international team mate Papiss Cisse have struggled to play together this season and that breakdown is a major factor in recent disappointing results.

Cisse was a sensation when he arrived last season with 13 goals, including the Goal of the Season in a victory at Chelsea.

But even Match of the Day pundit and Newcastle legend Alan Shearer has highlighted the fact that they do not appear to be passing to each other.

Even though they play together for club and country, the partnership has not worked. Ba played wide for much of last season while he has switched inside this term only for Cisse’s goals to dry up.

Pardew now faces having to sell Ba because of his contract but Remy coming in provides the perfect solution.

Pardew hopes Remy will give Newcastle a much needed lift as his pace and goals have made him one of Europe’s most sought after strikers.

Guesswork galore.

It's a risk we'll have to take. If we don't change things, we're heading south.

:thup: Just hope Pardew has a plan and he's not just relying on things to fall into place for him.

On a serious note, would be impressed if we pulled this one off, drooling at the prospect of Remy on the left and Barfa on the right! Sick to the back teeth of the Ba saga, holding the club to ransom on his wages, bitching and moaning when he doesn't get to play down the middle or, heaven forbid, gets left on the bench!!!?!?!? Remy, Cisse, Ben Arfa would be enough to put the shitters up any team.

Provided we hold onto Ben Arfa  :yao: