Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wasn't that bothered about this guy when he was coming to us and i'm not bothered about him now. I just couldn't get excited about a player that has done shit all this season.

btw I don't know where this myth that Redknapp plays good football has come from, ask a Spurs fan what they think of his football. They were always complaining about him playing 442 and hoofing it long to Crouch, sounds familiar.

SSN transfer window gadgey.... Remy believes he's made the right move for "footballing reasons"

f*** off.

If he goes to QPR he has. We are playing diabolically and it was bound to catch up to us sooner or later recruitment wise.

Like I said yesterday had we been top half like expected he'd have signed and not even thought about QPR.

Money talks, and if they werent offering mad cash he'd come here, but if they were offering mad cash and we were looking good then he'd be here im absolutely sure of it.

I was about to say this like. If you think that the style of football played hasn't had an impact on things then people are naive in the extreme. Sure the money will have got him interested, but the style of football played is a draw for these frenchies (i think Cabaye mentioned it just after we signed him), it would only take 10 mins of Harry filling his lugs with correct information about how we play hoofball and how flowing the football he played as spurs was and that might have sealed it. So yeah when you come down to it, we have two teams battling one another for relegation one offers more money and potentially better football and living in London, the other is a hoofball side with a few poorly used french internationals somewhere in the North.

Why on earth would Remy believe anything Redknapp has to say about style of play ect?  He'd believe him no more than he would Cabaye or Barton.  No idea what the motivation is to try to convince yourself or others that this isn't 95% about the money, but it really is.  QPR offer nothing over us outside of London, that's it.  We're much better known and more respected in France, much better stadium and facilities, in a better position in the league and have more players he'd know.  QPR have a crazy contract offer, no need to pretend otherwise.

Read my comments. I don't doubt that money drove the deal, I'm just saying, that as footballing reasons have been mentioned in the press as part of this, it would only take a look at our season so far to realise that we are an awful footballing side, and that by and large Redknapp gets good players to play good football. Ok so the press may be making up lies to help the Harry PR show, or in fact, it could have been part of the reason for rejecting us...

Did you expect anything else?  Seriously, do you think Remy or anyone connected with him was going to say "I came here because you offered me more money"?  No matter what the reason Remy is going to say its all about Football and the press are happy to report that because its Harry.  I mean the reports we've seen are basically denying that money had any influence at all, obviously you don't believe that so why believe any of it?

I have said a few times now that I think money had a huge role to play. I get your point about him not wanting to come out and say that he went for the best deal, but by the same token it is not unheard of for people to come out and say that though is it? (Ba anyone?) I do think that money obviously had a huge role to play, but I have also said that the way we play football at the moment may have impacted negatively on our offer. If the guy has said that footballing reasons is a factor, then perhaps it is?

I'm sure some players are honest enough to admit it, Remy clearly isn't considering the claims coming from his camp that money had nothing to do with it.  I see no reason to believe a word he says if he can't at least admit that money has been a major factor in his decision.

Guest alijmitchell

SSN transfer window gadgey.... Remy believes he's made the right move for "footballing reasons"

f*** off.

If he goes to QPR he has. We are playing diabolically and it was bound to catch up to us sooner or later recruitment wise.

Like I said yesterday had we been top half like expected he'd have signed and not even thought about QPR.

Money talks, and if they werent offering mad cash he'd come here, but if they were offering mad cash and we were looking good then he'd be here im absolutely sure of it.

I was about to say this like. If you think that the style of football played hasn't had an impact on things then people are naive in the extreme. Sure the money will have got him interested, but the style of football played is a draw for these frenchies (i think Cabaye mentioned it just after we signed him), it would only take 10 mins of Harry filling his lugs with correct information about how we play hoofball and how flowing the football he played as spurs was and that might have sealed it. So yeah when you come down to it, we have two teams battling one another for relegation one offers more money and potentially better football and living in London, the other is a hoofball side with a few poorly used french internationals somewhere in the North.

Why on earth would Remy believe anything Redknapp has to say about style of play ect?  He'd believe him no more than he would Cabaye or Barton.  No idea what the motivation is to try to convince yourself or others that this isn't 95% about the money, but it really is.  QPR offer nothing over us outside of London, that's it.  We're much better known and more respected in France, much better stadium and facilities, in a better position in the league and have more players he'd know.  QPR have a crazy contract offer, no need to pretend otherwise.

Read my comments. I don't doubt that money drove the deal, I'm just saying, that as footballing reasons have been mentioned in the press as part of this, it would only take a look at our season so far to realise that we are an awful footballing side, and that by and large Redknapp gets good players to play good football. Ok so the press may be making up lies to help the Harry PR show, or in fact, it could have been part of the reason for rejecting us...

Did you expect anything else?  Seriously, do you think Remy or anyone connected with him was going to say "I came here because you offered me more money"?  No matter what the reason Remy is going to say its all about Football and the press are happy to report that because its Harry.  I mean the reports we've seen are basically denying that money had any influence at all, obviously you don't believe that so why believe any of it?

I have said a few times now that I think money had a huge role to play. I get your point about him not wanting to come out and say that he went for the best deal, but by the same token it is not unheard of for people to come out and say that though is it? (Ba anyone?) I do think that money obviously had a huge role to play, but I have also said that the way we play football at the moment may have impacted negatively on our offer. If the guy has said that footballing reasons is a factor, then perhaps it is?

I'm sure some players are honest enough to admit it, Remy clearly isn't considering the claims coming from his camp that money had nothing to do with it.  I see no reason to believe a word he says if he can't at least admit that money has been a major factor in his decision.

I'm just saying that it is a good chance it is both the money and the offer of playing more attractive style of football not either or.

Guest alijmitchell

Francois Piraux ‏@F8Piraux

In addition to Loïc Rémy, QPR want Yann M'Vila from Rennes. Currently in negotiation, Rennes want 10-13€M for this player.

I so hope they go down...

Why do I always read here that when it comes to players choosing between working in London or Newcastle they would choose the earlier ? This is a genuine question from someone who is not from the UK and only visited London twice long time ago. I would have thought Newcastle was a nice city to work in especially if you are footballer when you have locals who eat, drink and breath football.

f*** off.

I'm just saying that it is a good chance it is both the money and the offer of playing more attractive style of football not either or.

Exactly. It's not as if most people haven't already acknowledged that the money was the main factor - that's obvious. But other smaller factors all add up and can make the difference if a player is undecided.

Guest alijmitchell

Why do I always read here that when it comes to players choosing between working in London or Newcastle they would choose the earlier ? This is a genuine question from someone who is not from the UK and only visited London twice long time ago. I would have thought Newcastle was a nice city to work in especially if you are footballer when you have locals who eat, drink and breath football.

Bigger, more to do, better places to eat and drink, flashier lifestyle?

Guest icemanblue

In addition to Loïc Rémy, QPR want Yann M'Vila from Rennes. Currently in negotiation, Rennes want 10-13€M for this player.

'We've got no fackin' dosh, guv'na!'

Guest alijmitchell

Saying that I feckin hate the place

Guest icemanblue

Qpr are going all out, fair play to Harry he has a way of getting his chairman to dish out the cash.

Canny good at financially crippling clubs, as well.

Player and club should milk QPR for as much as possible. They have brought it on themselves.

Travel links, more international feel would be a couple that come to mind. Newcastle is a great city to work in in it's own way. Not everyone prefers London.

I agree bigger means all the above but also bigger means more crimes, dirtier, more polluted, more crowded...

Can live relatively anonymously I imagine would be the main draw unlike up here in the goldfish bowl. Plus the stuff mentioned by others.

Cant quite believe how naive some folk are....this bloke clearly doesnt give a flying fuck about Either us or QPR(& why would he?) & as were both hardly pulling up trees this season theres no chance of imminent CL football from either next year.

Its all about the money.....cant blame him but Fuckhim....move on