Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We would be a centre back away from probably the best squad we have ever had :lol:

:anguish:

Good players on paper because they're French internationals, that's all.

+ 2 Argentineans, 1 Ivorian, 2 Dutch, 2 English (3 if we signed ince or Sinclair), 1 Senegalese, 1 Italian...

Come on when have we had any depth at the back? Our glory years under Sir Bobby had Shola and Lua Lua as 3rd/4th choice, players like McClen, Brittain etc.. were getting games.

This potential squad could be the best I remember anyway, even if it is a bunch of French and on paper :D

Good as Sir Bob's spell at the club was, you cannot say it was our 'glory years'....under KK and SJH we finished second in the PL twice and were a far bigger threat to Man U than under SBR and Shepherd. We had a better squad and played better football.

Even the KK era was hardly our glory years...we won the FA Cup 3 times in the 1950s.....

We would be a centre back away from probably the best squad we have ever had :lol:

+ 2 Argentineans, 1 Ivorian, 2 Dutch, 2 English (3 if we signed ince or Sinclair), 1 Senegalese, 1 Italian...

Come on when have we had any depth at the back? Our glory years under Sir Bobby had Shola and Lua Lua as 3rd/4th choice, players like McClen, Brittain etc.. were getting games.

This potential squad could be the best I remember anyway, even if it is a bunch of French and on paper :D

We potentially have a good squad I agree but the proof will be in the pudding whether it's the best ever. The best ever would assume it's good enough to win a host of trophies - that won't happen.

This thread is about to come full circle if he signs :lol:

Rumor? Is he going to sign? No. Yes. Fee agreed! He's on his way. NO hes going to QPR? Can't be true. Signs for QPR. f*** him, f*** Harry. Didn't want him anyway. Eh, maybe come back? Rumor...Again? No. Yes. Loan agreed. Traveling up for a Medical.

Rumor? Is he going to sign? No. Yes. Fee agreed! He's on his way. NO hes going to QPR? Can't be true. Signs for QPR. f*** him, f*** Harry. Didn't want him anyway. Eh, maybe come back? Rumor...Again? No. Yes. Loan agreed. Traveling up for a Medical.

:lol: :thup:

Good as Sir Bob's spell at the club was, you cannot say it was our 'glory years'....under KK and SJH we finished second in the PL twice and were a far bigger threat to Man U than under SBR and Shepherd. We had a better squad and played better football.

Even the KK era was hardly our glory years...we won the FA Cup 3 times in the 1950s.....

Sorry I meant glory years under Sir Bobby as in the best periods when he was manager rather than them being the best years of Newcastle. Even KKs squads etc.. this feels more complete (if the signings come off). We really will have pretty much 2 quality players in every position, well hopefully!

And he's back to being mint again :lol:

Sorry I meant glory years under Sir Bobby as in the best periods when he was manager rather than them being the best years of Newcastle. Even KKs squads etc.. this feels more complete (if the signings come off). We really will have pretty much 2 quality players in every position, well hopefully!

It'll still feel like crazy teeth lady driving Michael Schumacher's Ferrari until we get rid of Pards I'm afraid.

The rape thing still concerns me. Hope he keeps his head down while he's here as we really don't need any further negative press after the Kinnear debacle and our poor season last time out.

It'll still feel like crazy teeth lady driving Michael Schumacher's Ferrari until we get rid of Pards I'm afraid.

I think we'll find that's true once the euphoria settles down, but at least we can get the pieces in place and then maybe he'll put together a combination that resembles a coherent 11.