Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£9m + SWP. :D

That probably knocks about £5m off the deal, surely?

There's no way QPR could sell SWP if they tried. Probably not even on a free. He's a millstone around the club's neck and they'll have to Alan Smith this one through to it's conclusion I'm afraid.

I love the idea that throwing unwanted players into transfer deals has any chance of working. You go Harry.

Also heard Harry quoted as saying he 'hates the January window' on the radio today. Aye, right. Like Jimmy Saville hates a children's ward.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lots of contradicting quotes today along the lines

1) we want to know early so we can sign his replacement early

2) we want Remy regardless

Does this mean we get Remy + another striker if he leaves?

Guest Wally_McFool

Lots of contradicting quotes today along the lines

1) we want to know early so we can sign his replacement early

2) we want Remy regardless

Does this mean we get Remy + another striker if he leaves?

Fully expect Newcastle to try and sign Remy as soon as possible.

Fully expect us to end up with Marlon King  or someone instead  ;D  :cheesy:

The usual strategy is one in - one out, but I think Ashley needs to make an exception here, given our situation. We need another striker regardless, and that's nothing to do with numbers. At the moment we have three players who should be seen as chasing the same position.

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the strategy, because every club needs to operate within some financial discipline. I'd criticise Pardew and those on the football side for not using it with more imagination over the summer - ie cashing in on over-rated players and bringing in under-rated ones.

Guest nufc_89

The journal says we will step up negotiations for him by next week. I hate this, why start pursuing him by next week and not at this very moment, what can possibly get better by waiting?

The journal says we will step up negotiations for him by next week. I hate this, why start pursuing him by next week and not at this very moment, what can possibly get better by waiting?

Scenario 1: It's filler, a little tidbit in a story to add interest but without any need for quotes or evidence. A nothing, throw-away line.

Scenario 2: The club has to take the kids to school and sort out the shopping, oh, and nan's coming over at the weekend so they can't do anything til she's packed off hyem.

Journal saying we intend to step up negotiations for Loïc Rémy after the weekend and want to sign the France international regardless of the conclusion to the long and drawn-out Ba saga.

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2013/01/01/alan-pardew-demba-ba-must-break-silence-on-his-future-61634-32524125/2/#ixzz2Gj1PwpOu