Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The only player we have who looks remotely like a b2b midfielder is Dan Gosling (possibly Abeid but haven't seen enough).

The only player we have with the physical attributes to make it as a b2b midfielder is Sammy Ameobi.

You what?

When he puts on a bit more muscle, he'll have the PHYSICAL attributes to perform as a modern day b2b midfielder. The closest thing we have to Yaya Toure.

Holy shit. :spit:

I think Sammy has swung from even end of the 'rated' scale, he did get a bit too hyped a little but because of that he is getting the opposite.

He is raw as fuck and goes from a fantastic bit of skill to looking like he has never touched a ball in his life but he is confident and direct. Even when he is in clown shoes mode he is quick enough to spawn his was through at times and look dangerous.

Still a long way off and might never make it but games like yesterday he looks dangerous enough and is a good player to bring on against tired legs.

Needs a loan to really push on though. I wouldn't want him bulking up either really, just improve his consistency and decision making.

The only player we have who looks remotely like a b2b midfielder is Dan Gosling (possibly Abeid but haven't seen enough).

The only player we have with the physical attributes to make it as a b2b midfielder is Sammy Ameobi.

You what?

When he puts on a bit more muscle, he'll have the PHYSICAL attributes to perform as a modern day b2b midfielder. The closest thing we have to Yaya Toure.

Not a crazy idea as people are making out, but I don't think it'll happen. I can't see that he'll have the stamina for that role. He seems to operate in bursts, so is likely to remain as an attacker.

But I think I know where you're coming from. He's got that long stride, he's strong, he can shoot, and has that deceptive change of pace which can take him past people, like a Viera.

Ultimately, I'm not sure what his best role would be. I don't think he'd reach his full potential as an orthodox winger.

And incidentally, people are being very sparing in their praise of him last night. He was only on for 10 minutes, but looked dangerous nearly every time he had the ball.

You what?

Crackhead!

Think we're more likely to sign Aubameyang of these two, a couple years younger and i think this would be a easier deal to get done compared to the Remy one. And tbh, he's not as rusty as Remy is now.

Think we're more likely to sign Aubameyang of these two, a couple years younger and i think this would be a easier deal to get done compared to the Remy one. And tbh, he's not as rusty as Remy is now.

I'd be delighted with either one tbh :lol:

Same here tbh. Just a hunch i have.

Huge for us to get someone like remy or aubameyang in this window. For once i actually agreed with something Pardew said recently. He said after the game that it was a bit un-acceptable that this club had to put out that sort of a weakened team against Everton.  Obviously the problems would have been eased if he had just put Cisse upfront and kept Shola on the bench but that's a separate issue :)

Huge for us to get someone like remy or aubameyang in this window. For once i actually agreed with something Pardew said recently. He said after the game that it was a bit un-acceptable that this club had to put out that sort of a weakened team against Everton.  Obviously the problems would have been eased if he had just put Cisse upfront and kept Shola on the bench but that's a separate issue :)

Yet in the summer he said it was ok because " the kids will come good and beef up the squad".

Yet in the summer he said it was ok because " the kids will come good and beef up the squad".

end of the summer window - Make the best of it.

Transfer window opening - Get me some fucking players.

He will be saying the squad is fine again if we don't sign anyone (other than Debuchy) when the window closes this time.

As i said earlier it means absolutely f*ck all, sports directors and chairmans always do this majority of the time the player leaves.

He's just doing some PR to help please the fans, doesn't mean he's definitely coming here but i highly doubt this has any significance what so ever.

Our striker search will go down to the last day I think, that and the CB too, in fact once debuchy is confirm I expect to hear nothing from them until the last day of the window to tells us they are unlikely to do any more business :(

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Times

Valuation met

Title change?

Newcastle United have wasted little time in their attempts to replace Demba Ba, having opened transfer talks with Loïc Rémy after meeting Marseilles’ £9.75 million valuation of the France forward.

Ba’s £7.5 million move to Chelsea has yet to be rubber-stamped, but Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, is planning for life without the Senegal forward, who has scored 13 goals in the Barclays Premier League this season.