Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  1m

Pardew on Remy: "We think he's got a chance for Stoke, but we thought he had a chance for this week" #nufc

Well isn't this a whole fucking barrel of laughs :lol:

Linked with Everton in the Telegraph

A damning indictment of how much we suck now.

A news paper story that's 99% certain to be total bull is a damning indictment?, this forum man :lol:

A news paper story that's 99% certain to be total bull is a damning indictment?, this forum man :lol:

and Everton are some tinpot club :lol:

I can't necessarily explain why, but this seems awfully reminiscent of Demba Ba's situation here.

Remy is scoring goals and looking very dangerous. He's certainly showed why Marseille were willing to pay a high fee for him, while also proving his form in the Premier League wasn't temporary. However I can't help but feel his last two clubs (ourselves and QPR) have fed into him, at least tactically.

He's the focal point of our forward line, and thus we give him chance after chance. I'd be very curious to see how he reacts to being placed at Arsenal for example. Occasionally benched, rotated in and out of the team, I think he needs confidence and consistency to truly perform.

We've been quite a talismanic side when it comes to strikers under Pardew. We'd only just got rid of Carroll before Ba was the main man. Then Cissé took the mantle before it returned to Ba again. We don't seem to try and accommodate more than one striker.

I'm sure for Remy that isn't the concern though. He's clearly a confident individual and thus wants to be at the top. I'd like to see us try him in a front three with De Jong before the season is out. That way if/when he departs the club, we know the kind of assets we need from his replacement (pace, direct nature of play etc).

I think that's being kind to us. We've been fortunate enough to have at least one excellent striker at the club during every season under Pardew, and we've relied on them near-implicitly. That's not to say other teams don't, but saying we're 'talismanic' suggests it's a concious gameplan when, really, it isn't. It's just good fortune that we've had such good strikers who've had the ability to conjure something out of minimal attacking cohesion.

Disagree tbh. The one thing Pardew seems to be consistently good at - is getting maybe just a couple players to really shine. The way he sets a team up is for one or two individuals to really shine and the rest just work hard for them. Other managers - Moyes for example struggles to get a #9 firing consistently. I think that style damages us in many ways but it's probably Pardew's only redeeming feature as a manager.

I can't necessarily explain why, but this seems awfully reminiscent of Demba Ba's situation here.

Remy is scoring goals and looking very dangerous. He's certainly showed why Marseille were willing to pay a high fee for him, while also proving his form in the Premier League wasn't temporary. However I can't help but feel his last two clubs (ourselves and QPR) have fed into him, at least tactically.

He's the focal point of our forward line, and thus we give him chance after chance. I'd be very curious to see how he reacts to being placed at Arsenal for example. Occasionally benched, rotated in and out of the team, I think he needs confidence and consistency to truly perform.

We've been quite a talismanic side when it comes to strikers under Pardew. We'd only just got rid of Carroll before Ba was the main man. Then Cissé took the mantle before it returned to Ba again. We don't seem to try and accommodate more than one striker.

I'm sure for Remy that isn't the concern though. He's clearly a confident individual and thus wants to be at the top. I'd like to see us try him in a front three with De Jong before the season is out. That way if/when he departs the club, we know the kind of assets we need from his replacement (pace, direct nature of play etc).

I think that's being kind to us. We've been fortunate enough to have at least one excellent striker at the club during every season under Pardew, and we've relied on them near-implicitly. That's not to say other teams don't, but saying we're 'talismanic' suggests it's a concious gameplan when, really, it isn't. It's just good fortune that we've had such good strikers who've had the ability to conjure something out of minimal attacking cohesion.

Disagree tbh. The one thing Pardew seems to be consistently good at - is getting maybe just a couple players to really shine. The way he sets a team up is for one or two individuals to really shine and the rest just work hard for them. Other managers - Moyes for example struggles to get a #9 firing consistently. I think that style damages us in many ways but it's probably Pardew's only redeeming feature as a manager.

It's hardly a massive skill to get one or two match winning players to win games from nowhere. I'm sure Moyes could do it as well if that was his only remit.

It's hardly a massive skill to get one or two match winning players to win games from nowhere. I'm sure Moyes could do it as well if that was his only remit.

Not claiming it's a massive skill. But I do think the way Pardew sets teams up will make 1 or 2 attackers look better than they are.

and Everton are some tinpot club :lol:

More that they used to stand no chance against us in the transfer market as evidenced many times by players choosing us over them and us taking their players in the past.

10 years at a PL club and rarely getting a striker scoring more than a dozen goals is indicative of his transfer eye and tactical methods.

Jelavic had a 6 month spell and that's it.

In that period the likes of James Beattie, Ba, Michu heck even Andy Johnson have had impressive finishing seasons. 

Everton don't own two of their most dangerous players either like.

But Lukaku is determined to turn down Chelsea to sign permanently for Martinez, whereas Loic can't wait to show Pards two fingers on his way out.